Microsoft Releases New Web Browser

Thread: Microsoft Releases New Web Browser

Microsoft Releases New Web Browser

Retired SOH Administrator
    Thanks for the HU...Mike
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Asus Rampage Extreme Motherboard /EVGA AR GeForce GTX 295 1792MB 896 Bit GDDR3 /Corsair 8gig XMS DDR3/Intel Core 2 Extreme QX 9770 Yorkfield OCed 4.2 LGA 775/136W Quad Core / Water Cooled/ 2 WD Raptor 150gig 10,000 rpm Drives in Raid O Mode/WD Raptor 150gig internal back up/400 gig External WD back up Drive/Thermaltake 1200 Watt PS/Sony Dual Layer DVD RD/RW/Plextor DVD/RW/ Thermaltake Kandalf Tower/ Sound Blasters X-FI Platinum / X52 Pro

Blog Entries
    I'm a FoxFire man.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

ill stay with my google chrome...

So far I like it a lot.

In appearance it's much more streamlined and uncluttered on-screen than the W7 IE8 combo and I already thought that was a big improvement over my XP IE look.

The default W7 F11 IE keystroke clears everything off the screen except the actual web page your looking at . The tool bars go for the float up off the top of the screen. Even when on-screen they are already much smaller than the IE8 toolbars.

FAC

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    The hardware acceleration is quite an achievement as well!

This video says it all...

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2010/06...eed-benchmark/
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Interesting....

I have been using Safari for the past year now, coming over from Opera. Would be interesting to see a 'better' super fast, safe browser..

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Forget the web browser...there's enough of those around. What they need to do some work on is the file manager (Explorer)....it's pretty very ordinary.

My default browser is Sea Monkey, which is a Mozilla spin-off from Firefox. I guess it's mostly Firefox, but I like the GUI a lot better.

Retired SOH Administrator
    One of the things I wished they didn't change was to move the favorites to the far right hand side of the screen. I liked it on the left side.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Asus Rampage Extreme Motherboard /EVGA AR GeForce GTX 295 1792MB 896 Bit GDDR3 /Corsair 8gig XMS DDR3/Intel Core 2 Extreme QX 9770 Yorkfield OCed 4.2 LGA 775/136W Quad Core / Water Cooled/ 2 WD Raptor 150gig 10,000 rpm Drives in Raid O Mode/WD Raptor 150gig internal back up/400 gig External WD back up Drive/Thermaltake 1200 Watt PS/Sony Dual Layer DVD RD/RW/Plextor DVD/RW/ Thermaltake Kandalf Tower/ Sound Blasters X-FI Platinum / X52 Pro

That threw me for a little bit also at first. It's been on the left side as long as I can remember.

After working with it for a while I realized it's actually more natural feeling for it to be on the right hand side.

I don't know whether it's because I'm right handed or if it's because my mouse spends more time closer to the right hand side of the screen.

FAC

Not for XP! Booooooh!

I love this thing so far. I'm running Win 7, and this browser makes use of the 'glass theme' that came with the OS. It looks far better now.

From what I've heard it's better than everything else available.

Quote Originally Posted by demorier View Post
    Forget the web browser...there's enough of those around. What they need to do some work on is the file manager (Explorer)....it's pretty very ordinary.
    I'll keep the very ordinary 95-XP Explorer. I got 7 on a new PC and it killing me. I'm staring all over now. Every thing I knew about Explorer is now gone.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Don't blame you Allen. I'm trying out a freeware file manager called "Free Commander" at the moment, it'll do most things very well and more. I hate the later M$ file managers.

Well I'm glad I got my old Gateway up and running after the OS crashed. It took me 8 months to find the one missing Restore CD. It is now 7 or 8 years old..but I wouln't trade it for any thing right now. It get me here and now I can play LAN game with the new Gateway FX.

It just how I would like it to be. The ony thing it may get soon is it final RAM upgrade to 2 GB. Its at 1GB now.

80 GB Main Drive
    60 GB Slave 5$ or 10$ Flea Market. I would have like a bigger one *Who don't * but the price worked.
    1 TB external hard-drive. I use this to recover thing off the hard-drive when the OS chashed.
    D link 54 G Wireless card. Best 5$ I spen at yard sell. It was still new, not even opened.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.