Flight1 Ultimate Alaska X Promotional Video

Thread: Flight1 Ultimate Alaska X Promotional Video

Flight1 Ultimate Alaska X Promotional Video

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/ENzGYPvZJFI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/ENzGYPvZJFI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

YouTube Link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENzGYPvZJFI

High Resolution Download:
    http://www.jaggyroadfilms.com/movies...atealaskax.zip

Flight One Software, in cooperation with Scenery Solutions, is excited to bring you a brand new type of product for FSX.

Alaska is one of the world's most unique scenic locations. And, it is an excellent place for flight simmers to enjoy the beauty of VFR flight. Unfortunately, you probably won't be able to enjoy Alaska's beauty with FSX alone.

Ultimate Alaska X is the most complete rendering of Alaska to date. It provides a ground up redesign of nearly every scenery aspect in Alaska. This includes more accurate water, roads, railroads, urban modeling, mesh, detailed glaciers, repositioned airports and more.

Alaska is no small scenery package. It covers 586,412 sq. miles in area and has 40,544 miles of shoreline (40% of America's total shoreline). Out of the 20 largest mountains in North America, Alaska is home to 17 of them.

Charter Member 2011
    looks goooooooooood!

If i may though, i dont know if its just my sound or not, but your voice seems to have lost that deepness that it used to have (like in the b17 vids) now its kinda hard to hear in places and somehow doesnt sound as good, if you get what i mean?
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

You are probably right. Here's an interesting story about mics.... I have been recording all of my videos with a crappy $20 Logitech microphone. It wasn't by choice. I had purchased a nice set JUST for recording, but no matter how hard I try, the thing comes through way too low. As a result, I have continued to utilize my Logitech mic, which has worked well for me over the years (which I also used for the B-17, etc).

About a month ago I let my daughter use it, and it has had issues ever since. I think it is time for a new microphone, sadly. Problem is, will I get another lemon?

Thanks for watching mate.

Aviator32
    Quote Originally Posted by stiz View Post
    looks goooooooooood!

If i may though, i dont know if its just my sound or not, but your voice seems to have lost that deepness that it used to have (like in the b17 vids) now its kinda hard to hear in places and somehow doesnt sound as good, if you get what i mean?

I have to agree. I'd rather have just the music. The voice just sounds a little bit nasal and distracting (no offense but it's badly written too). I turned the volume up as I thought I had a problem with my speakers and then turned off completely just as I do when an annoying commercial comes on.
    The product looks ok but not great and with Orbx slowly spreading north (and south, and east) I'm much more excited about Pacific Fjords - http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index....8609#msg218609

(edit - in fact I thought it looked familiar - I used to have it when I still had Tongass X installed! Since I re-installed FSX about six months ago and added PNW and the various extra airfields I haven't even considered putting all the Alaska scenery back on. Weird how things move on).

Looks good, but may have to wait until Christmas as I just bought PNW.

FWIW I thought your voice sounded fine and it was a great video. I'll definitely look into this product further.

What was the music called please?
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Great job Cody!!!!!!!!!!!

Charter Member 2012
    Cody, You always make good videos.

flyer01
    CFS3-MAW,PTO,DPC Korea, OFF2 and ETO Expansions

FSX Gold Edition

IL-2 Cliffs of Dover

Rise of Flight

DCS A-10C Warthog

Train Simulator 2012

Gentlemen, I would need a bit of advise here.

If I understood correctly, there are now two payware sceneries that cover Alaska.
    One is this new Ultimate Alaska X.
    The other is Tongass Fjord X, that reached the marked last year.

I was about to buy Tongass Fjord X, but now I guess I'll have to reconsider.
    How do those addons compare ?
    I know that Tongass Fjord has a much smaller coverage that this Alaska X, but the Tongass screenshots looked more attractive to me than those of Alaska X, so I wonder if those two sceneries could eventually be used together ? (Like, Alaska X for the global coverage, and then Tongass on top of it, with higher priority in the scenery library, or something like that...)

Aviator32
    Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Gentlemen, I would need a bit of advise here.

If I understood correctly, there are now two payware sceneries that cover Alaska.
    One is this new Ultimate Alaska X.
    The other is Tongass Fjord X, that reached the marked last year.

I was about to buy Tongass Fjord X, but now I guess I'll have to reconsider.
    How do those addons compare ?
    I know that Tongass Fjord has a much smaller coverage that this Alaska X, but the Tongass screenshots looked more attractive to me than those of Alaska X, so I wonder if those two sceneries could eventually be used together ? (Like, Alaska X for the global coverage, and then Tongass on top of it, with higher priority in the scenery library, or something like that...)
    Tongass X is a relatively small (relative to Alaska that is) area which is done in great detail - lots of very good airfields, ai traffic, custom land and waterclass etc. Alaska X is kind of half way between default and Tongass in terms of detail and quality. When ORBX covers the area you will gladly dispose of anything you have had for it before so I would seriously advise you to wait. If you are in a hurry though you could just get Tongass for the moment as that is a standalone product - having Alaska X as well will add nothing to the Tongass area as Tongass would have priority and provides everything Alaska X does and more but better and it's big enough for many hours of fun with lots to explore. It will also probably eventually work with any of the ORBX scenery as the same authors are involved whereas Alaska X will be overwritten by much better terrain, land and water class, airports etc etc.
    Having said that it might take ORBX a few years to cover all of Alaska - I'm not even sure they have commited to anything beyond Pacific Fjords but Pacific Fjords will be linked to Pacific North West which will be linked to Northern Rockies etc etc so I would be very surprised if they didn't head further north too.

If you fly in Alaska, you MUST get both UTAX AND Tongass. They are both GREAT additions to your flying experience. It has brought my sim back to life. I only added both of these in about two weeks ago, and I wish I had done it earlier. Go get them. You will NOT be sorry. They a bush pilot's MUST HAVE!

Don

Master of Disaster
    I don't care about Alaska........how about New York, then I'd care!
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

Quote Originally Posted by Aviator32 View Post
    Tongass X is a relatively small (relative to Alaska that is) area which is done in great detail - lots of very good airfields, ai traffic, custom land and waterclass etc. Alaska X is kind of half way between default and Tongass in terms of detail and quality. When ORBX covers the area you will gladly dispose of anything you have had for it before so I would seriously advise you to wait. If you are in a hurry though you could just get Tongass for the moment as that is a standalone product - having Alaska X as well will add nothing to the Tongass area as Tongass would have priority and provides everything Alaska X does and more but better and it's big enough for many hours of fun with lots to explore. It will also probably eventually work with any of the ORBX scenery as the same authors are involved whereas Alaska X will be overwritten by much better terrain, land and water class, airports etc etc.
    Having said that it might take ORBX a few years to cover all of Alaska - I'm not even sure they have commited to anything beyond Pacific Fjords but Pacific Fjords will be linked to Pacific North West which will be linked to Northern Rockies etc etc so I would be very surprised if they didn't head further north too.
    I didn't know that OrbX was planning to cover Alaska. They just started with northern America and they are already planning some New Zeland stuff, so I'm not sure they will produce anything for Alaska before a year or two...

Concerning those two sceneries, my main concern is: will they work together or will they create some conflicts ? According to Bushponder's comment above, it seems that they will work.

Thanks for the explanations

Aviator32
    I didn't know that OrbX was planning to cover Alaska. They just started with northern America and they are already planning some New Zeland stuff, so I'm not sure they will produce anything for Alaska before a year or two...

Concerning those two sceneries, my main concern is: will they work together or will they create some conflicts ? According to Bushponder's comment above, it seems that they will work.

Thanks for the explanations
    Here is what is being worked on now to compliment PNW which is of course already available (I'm taking it for granted you already have that Daube?) -

And the immediate plan for other areas - http://fullterrain.com/product_roadmap.html

I'm sure you are correct - extending far into Alaska will take some considerable time if they do it at all so it's your choice whether to make do with Alaska X in the meantime.

PNW is #2 on my shopping list, in fact
    I just started with paywares in FS. I've never bought any in the past, but some keywords like "VRS" and "Accusim" convinced me to buy

Now I'm starting to see the interesting sceneries. Northwest America and Alaska being my favorite places in the simulator, the choices are quite obvious.

Aviator32
    PNW is #2 on my shopping list, in fact
    I just started with paywares in FS. I've never bought any in the past, but some keywords like "VRS" and "Accusim" convinced me to buy

Now I'm starting to see the interesting sceneries. Northwest America and Alaska being my favorite places in the simulator, the choices are quite obvious.

Bump PNW to #1

And then you'll have to get all the airports starting with Darrington. Honestly they will change your simming life! Much more than any of the Alaska add-ons and I have had all of those. In fact I'm sure Cody has done some videos for PNW sceneries - have a look on YouTube. I now have a PNW simulator and literally fly nowhere else! And if you've already bought the Accusim Cub, you'll be in heaven.

Edit - here's a couple -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-cqpXZBtvg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akvIAT7ikes

I couldn't agree more............PNW makes FSX a totally new simming experience!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Patrick

Sorry to say, the software is full of holes. Many places show objects above ground and airports are not where they should be.....sorry to say I "dislodged it" and returned to Taburet´s Alaska which is really good......but its really up to your taste....just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by BOOM View Post
    I couldn't agree more............PNW makes FSX a totally new simming experience!!
    Yes it does.

But...I 'm in the middle of an Alaska/B.C./NW trip right now (perhaps my favorite areas to fly, but now, it may be not possibly, but definitely).

Man, it is nice to have UT Alaska, as it makes flyable for the first time in FSX. Really, UT Alaska is a pretty nice product I was pleased to see some 'extras' thrown in over the typical UT projects, like enhanced airports and seaplane bases in some areas.

But Tongass is so dang special. Going through the area just makes you want to stay and hunt around in the Beaver, Cub, etc.

And then PNW. Absolutely the best scenery add-on I have. It recreates the flying experiance for me. I've landed at Woss (on Vancouver Island) many times over the years, but with PNW it made it truly a great experiance. I landed there last evening, and said...'wow.....I've never experienced this area like this before'....And that goes for practically it's whole coverage area. Just incredible, and incredible textures as well. The most realism I've seen outside 'photo scenery'.

So, now there is this whole incredible area to fly in, and all these products integrate seamlessly. But....as FTX creates more areas, I've gotta say, I will jump right on them when able to do so.

For my flying I use both UTX Alaska and Tongass Fjords. Since I live in Alaska and fly (for real) out of Merrill Field, having accurate scenery is important. With UTX the landing patterns for Merrill can be flown with the usual references (roads and large buildings). Rivers and other bodies of water are corrected which is good for VFR flight as well. I tried the Iditarod route in FSX using UTX last year, and it was pretty good (based on Google Earth comparisons).

UTX does not replace all airports. Most of the quirks I have found are limitations of FSX (airports must be flat causes the most).

If you just want pretty scenery UTX may not buy much. If you want accurate VFR flight in Alaska, it is currently the best product.

Tongass Fjords is just pretty. I don't use it enough.