Whats right is right, and wrong is wrong

Thread: Whats right is right, and wrong is wrong

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!

Whats right is right, and wrong is wrong

Hey guys,

I have to vent...

Just seen the repeat of yesterdays highspeed chase for the umpteenth time. Guy flees from cops, runs red lights, gets pushed off street by unmarked squad car. Guy gets out of vehicle with hands in air, gets down on his stomach.

Then, the most incredible thing happens. All these guys come over and start beating the guy. Policemen. Upholders of justice have a guy on his stomach, on the ground, and they are kicking the crap out of him, kneeing him in the head dozens of times, and this guy has shown his white flag, has surrendered, is face down, not putting up a fight. war is over, surrendered, and they just start pulverizing him.

Good you say? Is this a 'normal' arrest? Is it ok for a dozen buff dudes hiding behind a badge to go beat the crap out of some guy? What if the dude they pulled over had just had the worst week of his life, lost his house, family, kids, job, a family member died of cancer, etc... Im not saying this is what happened, but in such a scenario, that can be the cause of a person doing such a thing. It isnt always drugs. That could be some good person down there that freaked out, and you would think the safest place in the world is with cops. But no....

Reminds me of that 'big cop' that shot that guy in the back many times. He was face down on the ground, hands behind his head. They were filming him without him knowing it from accross the street. Another high speed chase. Turns out the guy was on leave from the Iraq war, the big war, a fighter pilot of an F-16, being shot in the back multiple times.... (he lived)

Who do you trust? Who upholds the law? What is going on?

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Hey Bill

I use to watch COP's all the time but quit because of actions like that. Can't stand to look at it any longer. That badge is not a permit to torture people nor is it a get away with anything card but thats how a lot of them view it and it sickens me. When I was around 16 I was at a local hang out with friends and a fight broke out and cops were called out to the problem. I was not involved nor did I even know the guys that were fighting but a cop cam up to where I and a few others were standing just watching and started yelling and cursing and asked "who wants to go to jail?" I said "Not me" and walked away but he came after me and said "smart ass huh". To make a long story short, I was arrested and put in jail. Went to court, with witnesses and found not guilty and the cop had to give me a big Im Sorry. Some cops just take their authority way to far and allow things to get out of hand.

SAD:isadizzy:

Chris

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    I have a dirty cop around the corner. He was using his unmarked car to block the public mailbox because it was 'too close' to his house. He would have his wife drive him to work. (Good use of joe arpaio's funds). The mail system finally moved it over about 12 feet so they could get the mail truck by it. We (the neighbors) were relieved.

His wife one time jammed on her brakes in front of me in a parking lot, when exiting to leave into traffic. It was rush hour, and she was making a left into a LH turn lane right next to an intersection, Bell and 51st. (Hurrendously busy and impossible to make a left into there during that time of day) but she was determined to do it. I had yelled 'Come On' once... Well, she is above the law, so when she did go, she gassed it, then jammed her brakes. I rear ended her big pickup with my little yellow Daytona, smashing up the hood. She told Glendale PD it happened accross the street in traffic 'on the 'Phoenix PD side'. She told them this 'after' I went to phone the police. Her husbands best friend shows up, writes me out a huge ticket for rear ending her in traffic (my car never left the parking lot), and that just made her day. I remember, stairing at the hood, right after she jammed her brakes on. She then drives off, and she was giggling! Giggling... not laughing like an adult.

Another time, her and her husband (the cop from chicago) again played around with me. She came to a stop in front of me in a parking lot. It was a two way parking lot isle. They were stopped and for no apparent reason. Several parking spots were open around us, so they were up to something. So, I attempted to pass her, to just go around her. (Mind you, I didnt know it was them at the time). She guns her car and cranks her wheel to attempt to block me, but dangerously close. Stops, still sitting there idling.... I was spooked by this, not knowing who was in the car. I attempt to go around the other side, and this time, it was so close, there should have been a noise, but an Angel of God stopped her from hitting me. This happened a total of 3 times. I get to where I work, get out, and here she comes with her husband, and she is yelling obscinities at me, lolol... She follows me right up to the store. Now, I did nothing to these people to start this except that I was 'there'. I told her in the store, 'Hey, I have witnesses who saw what you did! How about I call the cops and file a report!' She walks emmediately off, her husband (the cop) high tails it away from his wife.

I didnt call the cops because I felt sorry for that misserable man that had to live with such a which. I later found out that it was my neighbor 'again' (the car was in front of their house and I never made the connection). I realised that this guy married her and surely they were a match made in some very dark place in the Universe.

Some very dark people use that badge very very wrongly. Seeing those guys beat the crap out of that guy on the ground, all in their group, letting each other do that to one guy, really made me think....

Remember that cop that did the same thing? Ran red lights, evaded cops, drove down a river bottom, made the chase last a very long time. But they wouldnt do a single thing to their compadre'....

I am not against all police guys... I am against the bad ones. The bad ones make the good ones look bad. As far as I am concerned, the bad ones that do that to people with such ruthlessness and smoothness should be shot, because they are responsible for LAW and ORDER, and not the garbage they are pulling......

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

When the law enforcement personnel overstep their bounds and authority it makes me crazy too. I once brought this up to a guy I know who happens to be an officer of the law after I was pulled over by a sherriff here for the way I look. I had broken no laws, had done nothing wrong,my car was legal but this guy wanted to pull me over and check me out and much to his consternation, I was not on probation so he couldn't search my car and he actually made himself look like a dufus trying to explain why he had pulled me over...anyway, i asked my friend about this and he told me that unfortunately, a lot of the arrests made of people that we don't want on the streets, truly bad guys, are made by young cops who basically violate the individuals civil rights. It happens a lot. I've heard all thse excuses about how the "adrenaline gets flowing in a chase and the cops overreact". Well, IMO, if they overeact at all, they should not be peace officers. And that is a big thing...police have forgotten what it is to be "Peace Officers". And I don;t mean this in some namby pamby hippy way.....they need to keep the peace not beat the hell out of some guy who's already down and given up.
    The other thing that's happening in this country, is that a lot of ex-military guys are hired to be officers after returning from Iraq, etc....now that's fine, but I would imagine that unless a guy has thouroughhly decompressed form the war zone that he could be tresting the public like the enemy......there's a lot of things wrong with the way the law enforcemnt thing is now but as ong as we need th epolice then these things will happen cuz you can't change human nature and anyone with a reasonable IQ can fool a psych evaluation. The thing is, is that if we didn't have police then you and I would have to go out and take the truly bad folks off the streets.
    There are 2 constants in the universe:
    Hydrogen and stupidity!

Boy not another bash the cops thread! There are bad apples in every job! Here go and read from this web site. http://www.officer.com/

Also read this a little. http://www.officer.com/article/index.jsp?siteSection=2

I'm not saying that those officers were right at all just that there are bad apples everywhere you look.
    Greg :USA-flag:

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sadly Gregory Paul is correct
    i have a few good friends who are Law officers
    and they do a great job, i wouldnt even ask them to help me beat a ticket
    because they wouldnt, they take there job with pride and honesty
    thats why i use Lawyers :costumes:
    but it only takes one bad cop to give the rest a bad name
    i admire and respect what the 99% do
    its a tough job
    H

I don't feel like I was bashing anyone...just commenting....as I said at the end if it wasn't for the law enforcment guys, we would have to do it.
    There are 2 constants in the universe:
    Hydrogen and stupidity!

one can post an opinion without it being a bashing...i was a fire fighter for ten years made many long lasting friendships with law enforcement officails...from street beaters to the sheriff and auburn chiefs..(been thropugh three chiefs and am close to all three to this day),,,yet ive seen each and everyone of these people..male and female over react,as have i seen my fire fighter coleegs(sp)..AND myself....its true your adrenalin flows and you "loose it" in some cases..in the chase Bill is refering to..i have no clue as i dont know the chase...but maybe the guy had just raped a woman or killed a cop..then theyre gonna be upset from the gitgo and take it out on him....im not saying its right..im just saying it happens...

one time i got called to a hazardous matieral call..white substance on the roadway..the police had evacuated 2 block area...completely...we had a couple hundred people in the distance watching..and every one was pretty excited.my crewmate Pete and i suited up...and headed to the substance...took a close look and sized it up....i then ..while standing over the pile..took off my hood,,helmit,mask and knelt down...took off my glove..licked my fingure and stuck it in the pile...

i could hear audible gasps and OH NO HE DINT from a distance....lol....it ofcourse was sugar....a 100 pound bag of sugar had fallen off a truck or something...and the cop who first arrived panic'd

although..i have discussd this with some of my friends..and seems some cops have taken the serve part out of the job..which is a shame.....wish they would take back the to serve and protect....not stop and search

MCDesigns
    I have to agree that there are bad apples in every job, BUT i have never had a good experience with the police. seen lots of crooked ones, lots of power hungry ones, used to get stereo typed all the time when I was a musician and even accused of being on drugs by one in front of my Dad when I have NEVER used them.

I can understand some of what the police go thru, after all look at what they have to deal with daily and what they have to put up with, it would make me jaded and eager to break someones head open also

As for your scenario bill, unless it is an emergency, anyone that fees from the cops and puts others in danger because of his recklessness deserves to be hit upside the head at least once!