Almost new Microsoft Flight Sim

Thread: Almost new Microsoft Flight Sim

Kurier auf Stube...pauke! NachtPiloten's Avatar

Hmmm... Well, two questions - can you kill things with it, and can you mod it to death? I assume that the answer to the first question will be No, to the second, probably No - if it is hosted on a central server - and so that's my answer back.

Interesting that they seem to be looking at a return to flight simming though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

SOH-CM-2014
    Blog Entries

heres my 2 cents

the ability to mod things and create updated addons is great look how cfs3 was modded and further developed in soh ,,,so any new sims things can be reviewed ideas and possiable new gidets of increased visuals..and effects might be forthing and seen form the DREAM TEAM " here at soh

life is creation of constant changes those to survuve and smile will be required to change and mod with the times

Personally I think we're reaching a point where improvements in graphics at least will be less and less obvious, and will carry a performance penalty out of all proportion. When we were using CFS1, improvements could be made which did not demand much power - but then to improve on those improvements demanded more power - and so it goes. As we reach visual credibility, the demand for power escalates beyond the reasonable - as does the cost. So in any case, I'm staying here for a while, whatever comes up. There's no point in working our fingers to the bone here only to move on to the next sim the moment it appears.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ATTACK IN THE WEST
    MED AIRWAR

Charter Member 2012
    If the new sim can be used to make 3ed party add-ons (to sell) it will be a hit. If not it won't other then to the flight simmers that just like a good sim.

MS made FS to show off senery and high resulition. Thy made CFS to show effects of the shoting, bombs so on and so forth.

If MS had put the two together at the time most PC could not have used the sim. That IMHO is why you have both FS and CFS.

flyer01
    CFS3-MAW,PTO,DPC Korea, OFF2 and ETO Expansions

FSX Gold Edition

IL-2 Cliffs of Dover

Rise of Flight

DCS A-10C Warthog

Train Simulator 2012

Quote Originally Posted by ndicki View Post
    Personally I think we're reaching a point where improvements in graphics at least will be less and less obvious, and will carry a performance penalty out of all proportion. When we were using CFS1, improvements could be made which did not demand much power - but then to improve on those improvements demanded more power - and so it goes. As we reach visual credibility, the demand for power escalates beyond the reasonable - as does the cost. So in any case, I'm staying here for a while, whatever comes up. There's no point in working our fingers to the bone here only to move on to the next sim the moment it appears.

Here Here, I second that!

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    With all of the great improvments with the CFS3 expansions, I don't see me changing..

I like the dogfighing, and the challange of a good mission that I might not survive..
    In OUR Beloved CFS3 family of sims I get all of this..
    :salute: :salute:
    Thanks to the Masters that have worked so very hard for all of us..

:salute: :salute: :salute: