New Boeing B-797 Giant Flying Wing is Released! - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New Boeing B-797 Giant Flying Wing is Released!

What a great model, thankyou Lionheart, something a lil different.

I do hope that this idea becomes a reality, how much more interesting seeing this arriving at our local Manchester Airport than the usual tubeliners.

Quote Originally Posted by Railrunner130 View Post
    @ Foo Fighter-

FYI - It's not a hard rule, but many Air Guard and Air Force Reserve units that receive factory fresh airlifters have their unit number in the tail number. Your tail flash reminded me of it. The tail number you've used indicates that the aircraft was purchased in a Fiscal year ending in 8- 2008, 2018, 1998 who knows. Anyhow, the 926 would often, though not as a hard and fast rule indicate that the airplane belongs to the 926th Group in New Orleans. This would be their third airplane.

This personalization began in 1985, with the Texas Air Guard when they got new C-130H2s. 85-1361 through 85-1368. Thanks to the 2005 BRAC, many airplanes have been reshuffled and tail numbers and unit numbers don't always correspond to their unit any longer.

Just food for thought. Do what you want to with it. :salute:
    Thanks for the info! I'll put that to good use.:ernae:
    It will be a few days, maybe a week before I upload the skins. There will be three or four at least. One last WIP shot:

I've been thinking about this one. It'd be a good bomber. Perhaps it would be the fabled B-3 that met the budgetary ax a few months ago.

BTW Bill- I forgot to thank you earlier for the interesting airplane. Many thanks and keep up the great work!!

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Most welcome!

Man, FooFighter,

That is one brilliant looking paint scheme.

I was originally going to cut out 2 loading ramp doors that lower straight down like elevators, mounted far out on the wings for loading up containers and cargo. That would have been cool to figure out a way to have the elevators trigger now and then to lift and descend every couple of mins or so with cargo on them.
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

'Build 1.1"

I am about to release a 'Build 1.1'
    Has this been released..?

Thank you for an excellent model..:salute:

SOH-CM-2014
    Yes. That was uploaded to AVSIM.

1.1 has the fix to the panels and some panel config bits.

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post

First of all, THANK YOU very much for providing the community with such an excellent aircraft.:salute:
    Man, this thing is HUGE . I just d/l'd about an hour ago and one thing I noticed was I still have the reflective surface in the VC. The txt file that was included with it does say version 1.1 and I understood that was fixed for this version. Not a big deal at all to me, just thought you would like the feedback. Again, your work is very much appreciated

Steve

PS I'm running FSX accel.

SOH-CM-2014
    I havent found a way to change the file here yet. I asked. I think our Library man was in the hospital. I'll check again. The file here should still be 1.0.

Bill
    LHC

Has AVSIM made this available yet? Almost 24 hrs after the post above, I still can't see it...

I havent found a way to change the file here yet. I asked. I think our Library man was in the hospital. I'll check again. The file here should still be 1.0.

Bill
    LHC
    I should have included that I downloaded from AVSIM not here, sorry.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by imn2sims View Post
    I should have included that I downloaded from AVSIM not here, sorry.

Steve
    Steve, Are you sure you got V1.1? I just visited ASVSIM again and found only V1.0 and just to make sure, I did a search on "William Ortis"

SOH-CM-2014
    I am 99.9% positive that AVSIM has 1.1. No one else does. I have no idea how to upload updates to Simviation or SurClaro. I am still working on here.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Stan V. View Post
    Steve, Are you sure you got V1.1? I just visited ASVSIM again and found only V1.0 and just to make sure, I did a search on "William Ortis"
    No, but it was the only one I found there. Funny thing is when I looked at the txt. file included it said it was installing 1.1 so I went ahead and ran the exe. I'll take another look.

Steve

OK, just went to avsim files and did a ZipDive on the files and in the installation txt file about 3 rows down it says :This is build 1.1.
    The upload is dated Aug 18th so thats obviously before the actual 1.1 was uploaded. The exe file size is 68245958 if that helps.

AVSIM - Has only 1.0 install

I am 99.9% positive that AVSIM has 1.1. No one else does. I have no idea how to upload updates to Simviation or SurClaro. I am still working on here.

Bill
    The AVSIM download has a text file saying its 1.1 but the install executable is dated 08\13 and calls itself install 1.0. Looks like the old exe was included in the zip.

SOH-CM-2014
    If you boot up the plane in FSX, and turn on the lights and go to VC view, and the panel is not chrome colored, but regular dark brushed gray, then you have 1.1. Also, if you go to 2D panel view, and go to mini panel mode (2 screens, MFD and PFD) and they have a wide space between them, then you have Build 1.1.

I cannot see how I could not have 1.1 'not' in there. Its possible, but I remember 'delicately and carefully' doing the updates.

I'll go check on uploading the new installer here as well.

Bill

Avsim 797 - screen shots

Seems to be 1.0 version at Avsim

Attachment 16977

Attachment 16978

If you boot up the plane in FSX, and turn on the lights and go to VC view, and the panel is not chrome colored, but regular dark brushed gray, then you have 1.1. Also, if you go to 2D panel view, and go to mini panel mode (2 screens, MFD and PFD) and they have a wide space between them, then you have Build 1.1.

I cannot see how I could not have 1.1 'not' in there. Its possible, but I remember 'delicately and carefully' doing the updates.

I'll go check on uploading the new installer here as well.

Bill
    AHH....it's the lights!! Actually though I have to have all the lights OFF to gid rid of the chrome color:isadizzy:
    Couldn't figure out how to get to "mini panel" so really can't comment there. Anyway, I'm sure it will get straightened out. In the mean time I'm having a great time trying to keep the passengers from getting upset tummies. Thanks Bill.

Steve

SOH-CM-2014
    NOTAMS; B-797 Drivers.

The Build 1.1 is now up, here at SOH. Updates to FSX are in it.

I have also redone the Installer's code 'Registry' sniffer system to better find Flight Simulator in computers. It was missing perhaps 2 in 10 in 64Bit systems. If you could, delete the present version you have installed and install this, and see if it locates FS properly. I would be greatful for your help on this. I have been wrestling with these installers for a while now trying to get them to run perfect.

Direct link; http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=6&linkid=2388

Bill
    LHC

Sorry to report that the installer only came up with the "default installation path" for both FS9 and FSX on both a Vista x32 and Win7 x64 machine...

...neither of which is the correct Registry entry for either FS9 or FSX...

There must be some flag in the installer that will force it to use the Registry, and not the path you've entered as the "default..."
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

SOH-CM-2014
    Thank you Bill.

I'll keep wrestling with this beast.

Why why why why... why.... did MS decide to rename their Programs folders??????

<---- facepalm moment...

Hi Bill,

I got version 1.1 and I have no more mirrored panel, great, thanks!
    But as you said, I had to retrieve it from my "program files" without the (x86)...

Great model of a great plane though!!!

Thanks for sharing it with us,
    Norm
    Norman Gorn
    CR1 Software

[SIGPIC]http://cr1-software.com/wp-content/themes/cr1/images/header.jpg[/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2014
    Most welcome Norm.

Man, I wish I had this Installer issue fixed. I had to walk 3 customers through installations today on Win64/86 systems...

Why.. Why did MS rename their Program folder???? arrgh...

Hey, did FOOFIGHTER ever release his cool military repaints for this bird,and if so where can I download them,because I can't find them in the SOH archives Thanks