New Boeing B-797 Giant Flying Wing is Released! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Boeing B-797 Giant Flying Wing is Released!

Doh, well spotted!

I don't think sections 2 & 4 are actually used (no gauges) so it may not matter. I'll upload an updated cfg anyway.

EDIT: new cfg uploaded. Same link as above.

Not normally my kind of aeroplane but just had to see the 797 out of MIA. Great job Bill!:ernae:
    and thanks Dave for the panel fix!

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

SOH-CM-2023
    Thanks for the beautful plane and simulation. The real plane profile leaves a bit to be desired but must be benefical to its profitability. Will the real plane ever be commercial ?

Snave
    Quote Originally Posted by jimjones View Post
    Thanks for the beautful plane and simulation. The real plane profile leaves a bit to be desired but must be benefical to its profitability. Will the real plane ever be commercial ?
    Mebbe. The BWB (Blended Wing Body) has a number of advantages in internal volume, drag, high altitude performance and `masking` of engine noise perceived from the ground. Remember the original reason for a fuselage was simply to keep the tail a distance from the wing! Close-coupled flying wing always had pitch problems until the advent of FBW, and now fly-by-wire is the de facto standard for current and next-gen airliners.

On that basis I would say that it is a commercial possibility.
    But there remain issues with having passengers so far off the centreline - the accelerations are amplified not just in the vertical plane as Bill had alluded to in the tricky `ruddering` flight model, reducing banking for a given turn rate, but also in the horizontal plane as the aircraft changes heading - the `outside` passengers on the turn will detect a noticeable increase in acceleration compared to the `inside` as the craft changes direction - and if you combine that with even a limited angle of bank then the combined movement of fore/aft and up/down can lead to unpleasant results - as any seafarer will tell you!

Not only that, not every passenger wants a window seat facing forward - that runway centreline could look an awfully long way off on approach with pax overhanging the grass, leading to panic, trouser-spoiling and yet more

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Snave View Post
    Mebbe. ...On that basis I would say that it is a commercial possibility.
    But there remain issues with having passengers so far off the centreline - the accelerations are amplified not just in the vertical plane as Bill had alluded to in the tricky `ruddering` flight model, reducing banking for a given turn rate, but also in the horizontal plane as the aircraft changes heading - the `outside` passengers on the turn will detect a noticeable increase in acceleration compared to the `inside` as the craft changes direction - and if you combine that with even a limited angle of bank then the combined movement of fore/aft and up/down can lead to unpleasant results - as any seafarer will tell you!

Not only that, not every passenger wants a window seat facing forward - that runway centreline could look an awfully long way off on approach with pax overhanging the grass, leading to panic, trouser-spoiling and yet more
    Something tells me that I know where the cheap seats will located.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    Something tells me that I know where the cheap seats will located.
    The sections will be titled "Mom in-laws only". :d

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    Doh, well spotted!

I don't think sections 2 & 4 are actually used (no gauges) so it may not matter. I'll upload an updated cfg anyway.

EDIT: new cfg uploaded. Same link as above.
    I had originally mapped those areas with hovering polygons, total of 4, front, top, center, and sides, but later narrowed it down to front and center, with center being the two clear zones for gauges placement. I didnt think we needed any more then that. The rest became non-functioning bits and pieces knobs.

Im sure glad you found that mysterious fix DaveWG. Good going man!

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Fantastic plane Lionheart! Thanks so much for this gift.

797 over PNW

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    As expected from your previous work, OUTSTANDING!

BTW, I wonder if anyone from Boeing has seen this or sent you any comments?

Thanks again for giving the community, both FS9 and FSX, something wonderful.

Bob

SOH-CM-2014
    Just to let you all know, I am about to release a 'Build 1.1' pack, updates in it, including upgraded FSX panels for main panel and center console and a fix for the lights issue (chrome panel). Updates like Tom's input for the Mini Panel and radios standby freq's are also in the updates.

Should be up in a day or two.

Still havent had a chance to make 'Refueler' hoses.

Bill
    LHC

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by b52bob View Post
    BTW, I wonder if anyone from Boeing has seen this or sent you any comments?

Bob

Nothing yet. I do now intend to ask them for a Boeing Partnership license soon. Hopefully that will be secured.

Bill

well I'll keep my fingers crossed for you Bill

your work goes a long long way in the promotion department - whether these mfg. concerns know it or not

that Kodiak is a tour de force - and where else can an airliner fan come closer to envisioning the future of passenger flight than with this splendid BwB of yours.
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

It's an interesting craft to fly, but the union flag is upside down on both sides of the BA livery (presuming the flagpole is upwind). Also maybe it's a design decision, but the main union flag graphic top and bottom is reversed on the left side (ie right lower surface and left upper surface).

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstreamsky View Post
    It's an interesting craft to fly, but the union flag is upside down on both sides of the BA livery (presuming the flagpole is upwind). Also maybe it's a design decision, but the main union flag graphic top and bottom is reversed on the left side (ie right lower surface and left upper surface).
    arrrrgh!

<--- rests head on desk...

Such delicate details on that flag. I should have studied it more. Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks Heywooood for the kind words.

Thank you so much for this (and the awesome paint kit too)! Glad to see that there might be a tanker version as well. Is it Ok to upload some skins for it here at SOH?

SOH-CM-2014
    Dude! That is some awesome paint work, lolol... I dont even recognize it, lol... Nice!

Imagine that with 3 B2's flying in formation...

Please upload.

Jim Brown
    Yesssssss......been wanting one of these for a loooooooooooooooooong time. Thanks Bill! It looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Dude! That is some awesome paint work, lolol... I dont even recognize it, lol... Nice!

Imagine that with 3 B2's flying in formation...

Please upload.

LOL-Thanks but most of it is from your paint kit.:ernae:
    It's a cargo transport from the Air Mobility Command based at Travis AFB. It still needs a little more work, have to make it look more "militarized". Thank you again for this great aircraft!

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Could you imagine the CAF with a Super Transport like this with the 440Sq in the Arctic. Beautiful Air Mobility Command paint Foo fighter.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Quote Originally Posted by FOO FIGHTER View Post
    Thank you so much for this (and the awesome paint kit too)! Glad to see that there might be a tanker version as well. Is it Ok to upload some skins for it here at SOH?
    Outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!:ernae:
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

@ Foo Fighter-

FYI - It's not a hard rule, but many Air Guard and Air Force Reserve units that receive factory fresh airlifters have their unit number in the tail number. Your tail flash reminded me of it. The tail number you've used indicates that the aircraft was purchased in a Fiscal year ending in 8- 2008, 2018, 1998 who knows. Anyhow, the 926 would often, though not as a hard and fast rule indicate that the airplane belongs to the 926th Group in New Orleans. This would be their third airplane.

This personalization began in 1985, with the Texas Air Guard when they got new C-130H2s. 85-1361 through 85-1368. Thanks to the 2005 BRAC, many airplanes have been reshuffled and tail numbers and unit numbers don't always correspond to their unit any longer.

Just food for thought. Do what you want to with it. :salute:

SOH-CM-2014
    Just wanted to let you all know, the Tutorial project for this 'Unlimited Export' system is updated, 2nd Edition. Now in PDF as well as MOV formats.

More here; http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...099#post467099

Hey Bill,

sorry for butting in this late, but I just want to express my thanks for this awesome plane!
    I'm not sure how true the airfile is, but it is a pleasure to fly, as stable as anything, which makes sense considering the size of that thing.
    Even visually the awesome size really comes across well!

I must say though I prefer turning corners the conventional way, but to make sure the passengers won't get sick, I am executing them very slowly and carefully. I think that, even with flat turns, you would still feel lateral G's which will not only affect the passengers in the cheap seats (outside) but all of them.

But, man, what a plane - thanks again!

Norm
    Norman Gorn
    CR1 Software

[SIGPIC]http://cr1-software.com/wp-content/themes/cr1/images/header.jpg[/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2014
    Hey Norm,

Most welcome.

I think that turns will or could be made to be 'liveable' with by the passengers. A balance of a flat turn and slowly enduced roll-bank would probably be un-noticeable to most passengers if done with finesse, and I am sure that auto-pilot systems could be tuned to do that.

One thing though that we were toying with was slip. In a tight banked turn in FS with 'regular' settings, we got a good deal of slip going and reduced the AP turns to 20 degress from 25 degrees.

Glad you are enjoying it.

Bill