Boeing B-797 Double Decker Flying Wing is Released!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boeing B-797 Double Decker Flying Wing is Released!

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!

Boeing B-797 Double Decker Flying Wing is Released!

Hey all,

Just wanted to let you all know the Boeing B-797 'Blended Wing-Body' is now released and can be downloaded here. Go to the Addons-Whats New section here at the SOH library and you should find it. If its been out a while, look under key words Boeing B-797 Lionheart.

This features a basic VC, 32bit resolution textures, (not all of them), a retracting sky-stair in the belly, 2 futuristic fuel trucks that appear 3 min's after the engines are shut down, clam shell rudders, a 'flat turning' airfile to keep passengers in outer wing seats from spilling their drinks, 3 liveries, and features the new 'FS9 Unlimited Export' system with super small switches in the VC perfectly modeled, and a giant 13 meg model file. This shatters the 65,000 polygon limit and 4MM Vertex proximity 'auto-weld' limit.

If your computer stumbles on the textures (as they are 32bit), then simply recompile with DXTBmp.exe (google that) and change their resolution to DXT-3 format.

There should be a paint kit link up tomorrow.

Happy flying,

Bill
    LHC
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Bill, you are a star, a gentleman and a scholar all wrapped up in the one package! :ernae:

Edit - taken it up for a quick flight from Seattle; MyTampa, Seattle, Ultimate Terrain, Zinertek Water, Flight Environment clouds etc - not a stutter on my system, ran at a solid 30+ FPS! Bill, you are a Marvel!!
    Andy

Charter Member 2011
    All that Andy said...
    A really widescreen monitor helps with something this shape
    Heathrow could not find a jetway to accommodate this behemoth, so it was guested in the cargo area until they figure out how to attach to it.
    Mind you there is something distinctly C-17 about that nose...

What a wild aircraft, what a wild time was had in making that "accidental" VC, splashing polys on very round objects!

Many thanks for this lovely toy, Bill.

Happiness Consultant
    Interesting bird Bill.

Too Bad I don't have fs9.
    "Trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty!" John Adams 1772

Snuffy / Ted

Nice bird Lionheart thank you,cool.

Congratulations Bill!!

Superior model as always. The new Poly limit and vertices weld limit tech are amazing accomplishments. Wonderful to see the Lord smile on you with this!

Favorites -- Tailwind, Kodiak and Legacy!
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!"

Members +
    Once more,thank you Mr. Lion Heart...Truly you are a "Coeur d’Leon,...Deus Vult" ... We may very well be looking at the future,and the replacement to the A-380 as the Premier Airliner!.....love Boeing!.............Vin

Many thanks Bill, bloody marvellous as usual and had no issues with frames. She is a hard one to find a parking space for and there's a whole bunch of taxiways that are gonna need widening, lol.

Found a spot just big enough for her at Honolulu, getting out was no walk in the park though.
    Attachment 15353Attachment 15351

Took her up for a spin, realised I was in the middle of the Pacific and didn't know where to go :isadizzy:
    Attachment 15352Attachment 15350

Then engine failure forced me to make an emergency landing, made me wish this thing had a tailhook (a very big one at that, lol) The Marines were somewhat bewildered.

Jamie

Thank you - just a great piece of work, again!

Thank you is a great understatement! You the man. Wow! Zowie! Cool beans! Wow Hoo!

Take care.

Ed

Retired SOH Administrator

A BIG Thank YOU!

LIONHEART!

Thank you for all the cool planes you have blessed us with!

May you continue to be energetic and great providing us

LEGENDARY aircraft for our enjoyment!

God bless you and Lionheart Creations!

:ernae:

Chacha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

In a word, Bill, MAGNIFICENT. Just took her on a short run from Seattle to Vancouver and she handled beautifully. Found I had a little too much speed on final and got a heaping helping of ground effect cushion from that big, flat belly so I had to shoot a missed approach (didn't see the numbers as I got too focused on getting her down). Next time around I kept things down to around 150 or so with just a little power for insurance, and found that letting out the spoilers just past the numbers helped her settle nicely if a little firmly. Guess I'll just have to keep practicing

If Boeing - and/or others - start building aircraft like these, and if the airports can adapt to handle them, I think the 797 could very well usher in the era of the mega-plane (forgive the overused prefix) just as the 747 gave rise to jumbo's and wide-bodies. And besides, it looks damned neat!

Thanks again, Bill; this one's truly a work of art.

N.

Downloaded, installed. Fired up the sim...and WOW! This bird is amazing! Looks great from every angle. Fired her up, took off...lifted off the runway as sweet as a breeze. Took her for a short flight...very mild mannered in flight. Spent some time riding my bicycle around the virtual cockpit...the VC is large enough to park a Piper Cub in it and have room to do an oil change and tire rotation! Absolutely a work of art. So very glad that you now have your long dreamed of poly limit and 4mm weld thingies bypassed and that you can now bring your super modeling back to FS9.

Now the down side. FRAME RATE KILLER. On my system. But, then again, my system is older, has 6 leaking capacitors on the mother board and has been getting slower and slower these last couple of weeks. Not sure if it is simply time to do a format of C drive and a fresh install of XP...it's good to do that from time to time to clear out all the junk and crap that builds up in those unseen areas. I do know that even my internet connection has been a lot slower lately...may have picked up something that AVG and Malwarebytes hasn't found and gotten rid of. Or it may be that those leaking capacitors are playing havoc on my system's performance.....I am backing everything up to external HD and to DVD as a precaution to the day that this old system finally gives up the ghost.

Now, I know that the 797 is a behemoth of a plane and that this model has a million billion polygons just in the VC. Applying the SUPER MODEL technique to a regular GA sized aircraft...like the Fairchild F-24 with the rare bubble cowl (hint hint hint hint hint...did you get that I was HINTING) would have more polys than a conventionally modeled FS9 aircraft, but still be a light weight when compared to the 797.

And just in case you missed it the first time around. Fairchild F-24 with Bubble Cowl. And maybe a float equipped version to go with it.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by OBIO View Post
    Now the down side. FRAME RATE KILLER. On my system. But, then again, my system is older, has 6 leaking capacitors on the mother board and has been getting slower and slower these last couple of weeks. Not sure if it is simply time to do a format of C drive and a fresh install of XP...it's good to do that from time to time to clear out all the junk and crap that builds up in those unseen areas. I do know that even my internet connection has been a lot slower lately...may have picked up something that AVG and Malwarebytes hasn't found and gotten rid of. Or it may be that those leaking capacitors are playing havoc on my system's performance.....I am backing everything up to external HD and to DVD as a precaution to the day that this old system finally gives up the ghost.

OBIO

OBIO,

I think its the textures. I am about 95% positive. If you have DXTBmp, just load all of the 32bit textures up and Save as DXT-3 format. Any files that can show up as thumbnails in the Folder viewer are 32bit as DXT-3 will not show. Do one plane, all DXT3 and see how it goes then. I think it wll be a world of difference.

The 5 exterior textures are 32bit, and 4 (at least) of the VC textures are 32 bit, (font on panels for top console, center console, side panels, and then main texture for VC and possibly one more)

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

Thanks Bill, for this very interesting model! As you know this isn't really my type of aircraft, but I am really looking forward to explore this extraordinary model as I'm reall curious to see the first high poly number aircraft in my FS9 hangar. That's why I will fly the FS9 version and not the FSX version.

Thanks again,
    Huub

Oh, forgot to say, bring on the Victory!! pppuurretty ppuuurrleease!! Ifeel the need to complete my LH hanger once again.

Jamie

Can someoen give me a quick howto on the DXTbmp tool?
    There are 2 constants in the universe:
    Hydrogen and stupidity!

Normally if it doesn't have a prop on the front I'm not interested, but this is nice! Took it around Seatac, and I also landed it with out bending it! (but the airports going to have to replace some sod and taxiways lights) Just one question tho'. How doez ya stop dee engine thingys?
    Take my love, take my land / Take me where I cannot stand, I don't care, I'm still free / You can't take the sky from me.

Take me out to the black / Tell 'em I ain't comin' back.

Burn the land and boil the sea / You can't take the sky from me...

excellent

beautiful aircraft, I had only one problem, fs9 would not start, but since I have two installs I moved the aircrat to the other fs9 install. the first will still not start, so I auto installed to the same folder to see what files were installed, all files removed from first install still no go. in the error box the file shown is the msvcrt.dll file.

Quote Originally Posted by middle View Post
    Can someoen give me a quick howto on the DXTbmp tool?
    Middle,

Download DTXbmp here ==> http://www.btinternet.com/~mnwright/

Install it and use it to open the 32 bits texture files in the Boeing 797 texture folders (which can be recognised as they have a visible thumbnail).

Select "save as" and choose the option "extended bitmap"

When the "save" screen appears select dtx3 in the lower selection "save as" field.

I hope this is a bit clear, but it actually sounds more difficult than it is.

Cheers,
    Huub

Thanks a million, Huub...
    There are 2 constants in the universe:
    Hydrogen and stupidity!

This bird is BIG. I was amazed at how big it really was when I pulled up next to a 757. I took off from KSEA. Down the runway and into the air. Nice and graceful. She looks real nice Bill. A lot nicer than the pictures you showed us prior to release.
    ..The cabin is mega spacious.

I like the attention to detail on the whole exterior. And not bad on frames at all in any view. It actually was a lot smoother on frames than most others!! Usually I have issues with scenery textures popping in out in the distance. Surprising, everything was crystal clear.

This is very exciting. Thanks for sharing your first no-limit model.

This plane is GREAT!! Which brings me to the obvious question....does this success indicate a possibility of seeing more LHC products for FS9 soon? Or at all? I know the WT9 has been mentioned, but i was awfully bummed to see the Victory VLJ go FSX only...and I wonder what the chances are....
    Matt

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixthreeone View Post
    This plane is GREAT!! Which brings me to the obvious question....does this success indicate a possibility of seeing more LHC products for FS9 soon? Or at all? I know the WT9 has been mentioned, but i was awfully bummed to see the Victory VLJ go FSX only...and I wonder what the chances are....
    Yes. More planes from LHC now in FS9 format. Perhaps even more in FS9 format then in FSX format. :d Its been a real breath of fresh air, working in FS9 again. Its really nice to make planes for.

Some small notes of features not mentioned.

There is a Belly Cam and a RH Rudder Cam accessible only in FS9 and when in 2D or VC panel view modes. Select Numpad 4-5 (together) for Belly Cam, and Numpad 5-6 for RH Rudder view.

Dome light is turned on with the 'O' key (letter Oh) which is usually used for strobes. Shift L is instrumentation lighting only, great for night flights.

Bill