IRIS A-10C Work in Progress
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: IRIS A-10C Work in Progress

IRIS A-10A Work in Progress

Heya folks!

Just thought I'd drop some images of what we've been doing at IRIS
    Strictly work in progress! Decals and details are missing (Gun for example has not yet been textured)

Rightclick -> View Image for high resolution version!

Enjoy, coming soon!

Excellent....

.....of course (snicker), I need a version with a single centerline external tank-- and a travel pod!!!!

Heh heh...(I am serious, though)

Kent

I just need to quickly point out that it's the A-10A not the C that's in development.. :-)
    lots of photos and info being posted on our facebook page!

Colokent, I'd figured you'd want one so that option will be included.. :-)
    We're considering the C but it won't feature in this release..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That'll upset Aerosoft LOL, they're also doing an A-10A, oh well it never rains but it pours .

Looking good none the less

Best

Michael

Blog Entries
    it's the peanut!!!!! i recognize those colors ::lol::...

PS:: Snow???

For those wanting to know our facebook page where you can find all the inside news as it happens (dev posts are made on the fly there! no pun intended..)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/IRIS-F...5552415?ref=ts

David.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

On Another Planet
    I really really hope we see an A-10C. If we do, it's a sure buy for me.

As for the Aerosoft A-10, it could be years before we get to see that thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Click my sig for my Flickr

Thank you Iris for making the A-10! Definately a purchase here!:salute:

She looks great!

You think ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezabrya View Post

As for the Aerosoft A-10, it could be years before we get to see that thing.

I would love to see a C model.
    "If three-holers are gas guzzlers, why are there four-holers now???"
    "But what do i know? I'm just the 800 pound guerrilla in the room."

Fire! Fire! Your pants better not be on fire....

We are considering a C variant, but of course the glass elements cost more to develop... one of the reasons we're doing the A model is lots of 3d gauges, means easy coding (kinda) and low dev costs..

That being said, I am looking at a C model in some form once the A-10A is finished...oh and a twin seat A-10B N/AW version... but again, one thing at a time..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Smudge View Post
    We are considering a C variant, but of course the glass elements cost more to develop... one of the reasons we're doing the A model is lots of 3d gauges, means easy coding (kinda) and low dev costs..

That being said, I am looking at a C model in some form once the A-10A is finished...oh and a twin seat A-10B N/AW version... but again, one thing at a time..
    More than happy to help you with the C model, my uncle flew A-10C from Gulf 1 to Afghanistan of 2009. He uses FSX on my computer, so i can see if he would like to help.

Actually, declassified manuals for the C would be good..lol. I've got scanned ones of the A-10A, but nothing I can find on the C... apart from some informative DCS videos on youtube..lol.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Smudge View Post
    Actually, declassified manuals for the C would be good..lol. I've got scanned ones of the A-10A, but nothing I can find on the C... apart from some informative DCS videos on youtube..lol.

When he wakes up tomorrow, ill ask because because he still has everything from the A-10C. Depends if it has been declassified or not.
    Just PM what your looking for and i will see what i can get.

Quote Originally Posted by michael davies View Post
    You think ?.
    Yes... they have their Airbus project, also the Huey, Robin, Dimona, Katana, Bronco... and a limited stock of developpers. I don't think that the A-10 is high on their priority list. The civilian projects sell better.
    I think right now their whole programming resources are bound by the Airbus project, and AFAIK they're doing the Huey after that.
    And since Digital Aviation closed its shop they also need internal developpers to push the CRJ out the shop.

So IMHO the Iris A-10 will be available loooong before the Aerosoft one.

PS.: first F-16, now A-10... IRIS and Aerosoft like to compete on warbirds it seems :d
    P3D v4.5, DCS, AF2
    W10 64bit Pro
    Core i7 6770K @ 4,3 GHz
    32 GB DDR4 2666
    RTX 2080 Super 8 GB
    Oculus Rift S
    Cable 1000 Mbit/s

Whilst I cannot comment on the internal workings of Aerosoft, I would like to point out that neither IRIS or Aerosoft (AFAIK) are intentionally competing in terms of projects. The F-16's were developed and released quite some time apart for starters and the A-10 has been under development for many months now, you're seeing it now because we're in the closing weeks of development.

By the time I had found out about the Aerosoft plans for an A-10, we had confirmed development positions and conducted a large amount of work, so much so that we had reached the point of no return and couldn't scrap the project.

As many have said in the past when this situation has occured between development houses, competition is good for the customer, it brings out the best in teams. In addition, two different development houses can release quite different renditions of the same subject matter.

For the record, I've been approached by a representative from Aerosoft to discuss ongoing projects so that the issue of 'double jobbing' is kept to a minimum. Of course there are going to be aircraft that developers wish to release regardless of if others are making them or not as this is the nature of the industry. We're here to develop planes we love, wether we do it full time, part time or 10 minutes a week, sometimes developers are going to double up and sometimes it's unavoidable..

- David.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice model! Maybe you'll release your A-10 before DCS one I can't say I'll certainly buy it, but it's tempting. Very. Depends on my funding.

Good to know you have a Facebook page

Concerning "double jobs": at the beginning, when there were only very few FSX "genuine" aircraft around, it was very unfortunate from my point of view as a customer (IIRC the A-6 of Razbam and Alphasim were the first case). Now we have quite a lot warbirds around and it isn't such a "tragedy" anymore. Still it's very sensible that developers talk to each others to avoid double jobs.
    Especially since there are still "tragic" double jobs, namely the ones which include quality freeware. The Tomcats of IRIS and Dino come to mind here (I own the F-14A ), and I don't know if Ron will work towards a genuine FSX Skyraider after Tim has published his work (same for the FSD Pilatus and Aerosoft Bronco?).
    P3D v4.5, DCS, AF2
    W10 64bit Pro
    Core i7 6770K @ 4,3 GHz
    32 GB DDR4 2666
    RTX 2080 Super 8 GB
    Oculus Rift S
    Cable 1000 Mbit/s

The 'current' Aerosoft A-10 team is not involved in any of the projects you mention so not bound by their timescales and delays.

But we will see, talk is cheap as they say.

Double jobbing on a whole is quiet rare, quite a few developers keep tradesmen entrances open and the odd hint or sniff usually prevents the majority of double jobbing, its called professional respect, but occasionally it happens, thats the name of the game I'm afraid.

Now I have work to do, and until further official notification, some catching up to do it would seem, so please excuse if I drop out of further conversation on this subject matter .

Kindest

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by vora View Post
    Yes... they have their Airbus project, also the Huey, Robin, Dimona, Katana, Bronco... and a limited stock of developpers. I don't think that the A-10 is high on their priority list. The civilian projects sell better.
    I think right now their whole programming resources are bound by the Airbus project, and AFAIK they're doing the Huey after that.
    And since Digital Aviation closed its shop they also need internal developpers to push the CRJ out the shop.

So IMHO the Iris A-10 will be available loooong before the Aerosoft one.

PS.: first F-16, now A-10... IRIS and Aerosoft like to compete on warbirds it seems :d

well you don't know how happy you've made this immer. We recently lost A-10's here at the PA ANG and would love to be able to fly them on FSX. Will you being doing a late version with the GPS type antennas also? How about this loadout? Its carrying twno baggage pods, and twin fuel tanks. I can also say....I'll most likely buy both Aerosoft and IRIS aircraft just as I did the F-16's.

Attachment 15172

Whoopsie- thats what happens when you put up threads at 6 am

Corrected from A-10C to A-10A. Apologies

Charter Member 2015
    Woohoo...a native FSX Hawg!!!!!! :salute:
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry