Can't hook up .

Thread: Can't hook up .

Can't hook up .

I can't seem to hook up the launch bar for a carrier launch .I lower the bar,place it around the area of the shuttle and press shift+I . But no hook up . It works fine in the tutorial,but not on the default or Nimitz carriers . The trapping works great .

Sometimes this happens to me, and the key assignments for the carrier launch keys needs to be reset. For some reason they drop out alot.

Is the inability to hook up the same for all carrier aircraft or just 1 ? if only 1 which is it so others can check it.

Check the aircraft.cfg to see if there is a [Launch Assist] entry, no entry then no cat ability.

I found you can actually hook up without the shift+u command as I use British aircraft that never had that towbar thing and used slings, this includes tail draggers

I tried the default F-18 and Dinos T-45 . Tried the shift+u, that is working the launch bar (up and down ) had no problems with that . Tried shift+I to arm still no hook up . Tried changing the shift+I to another keyboard key still no hook up . Placed the launch arm everywhere from the front of the catipult launch area to the end . I even placed the launch bar on top of the shuttle still no hook up .

Any ideas ?

I found this in the T-45 file
    //[launch_assistance] hardcoded in mdl
    //launch_bar_pivot = 15.4, 0.0, -2.17
    //launch_bar_lug = 15.8, 0.0, -2.23

Did you apply the parking brake before attempting hook up, it needs the brakes to be on.

The 2 you mentioned both have launch assist coded into the model so there should be no problem there.

Tried it with the parking break on and off . Still no joy . Tried the turatoral to make sure all keys worked,they do .

What I can't do is NOT hook up. I have tried various key presses and the only way I can not have the plane hook up, is to press Shift+I twice in a row very quickly. Doing this the plane would hook up then immediately unhook. That is the closest I can come to duplicating your problem.

Regards, Mike Mann

Thanks everyone for your help . I will keep searching for a cure .

Kind of an update here . I did a new complete reinstall of FSX and Accleration Didn't add anything to the game ,its the strait game software Now the sad part,It's still doing the same thing . After racking my brain now for about 50 hours or so,I have a couple of questions .

Has anyone not did the turatorial,and still flew a carrier run in freeflight .
    Has anyone set the graphics at a certain level . I set mine between 3/4 and full .
    I noticed on the turatorial flight deck,where the shuttle is . Has a painted box around it . The one in the freeflight dose not . Could someone confirm this .

Sorry for the questions,but I would really like to get this working so I can get the A-7.
    Thanks

The catapult is very fussy abt where you put the plkane before it will hook up, dont reyly on the deck markings, move the plane fwrd a bit at a time untill it does its thing, then remeber where you where for next time.
    Intel 4790K @ 4.8GHz , 16 Gig Cas 10 2100 MHz ram, Nvidia GTX 970, 4Gig Video, Windows 7 64 Bit, Gigabyte GA Z87X-UD3H

Thank you for your reply . IThat was the first thing I tried . I found a video on a launch to show what I don't have The shuttle area on my carrier looks nothing like the video .Also a stupid question, I am running windows 7 64 . This couldn't be the problem ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4uY7EWCyAQ

Heres my deck .

I have never done the tutorial flights.

I do all free flight launches.

I only use HMS Ark Royal and HMS Victorious both of which I have operating in Philippine waters.

While getting on the exact spot is nice I can hook up a foot or 2 away from exact

Which carrier in your pic

Very frustrating when things do not work.

What is that carrier in your pic and where is it ?, it looks like scenery to me, is it accel capable ?

Is it moving or static, if static it may be just a hard deck scenery that is arrestor capable but no cat capability.

I think I would persevere with Nimitz or try some other carriers that are known to work.

I'm not 100% sure, but is that the Acceleration carrier, or the static one that comes with the basic game? If it's the later then it doesn't have working cats, even in Acceleration.
    If it is the Acceleration one then all I can say is I've got Win 7 64 bit and it works fine in that.

XL8, you could try HMS Victorious one I know does work it comes if I remember rightly 3 or 4 tracks and saved flights select one of those flights which will put you on the moving ship in a Cessna.

When on the ship you can select another aircraft, the cat is not painted on the deck but if you taxi forward till the nose is in line with the front of the bridge to the left of the deck start hunting there, I am lazy and have painted a box on my deck.

Click on my sig banner to take you to the download site then navigate to the ship section, sorry it is not huge US style carrier but I find it more challenging

I may be wrong here but I believe the only way you can cat launch is from the mission carrier in a mission. You have to enable changes to aircraft etc. which will not allow you to record success etc. but you can use whatever aircraft you like. The statics as far as I know don't have cat gear on them.

Hi Baz,

How is this possible? I am able to cat off a carrier in free flight. I use AICarriers.
    Craig Tatley
    No DC-3 without the DC-2

http://www.dc2-fs.com/

Thanks guys for the replys . That boat is in the PGUM area Guam I believe . I am going to reinstall the Nimitz again and give her another try .

Found out what some of the problem is . The carrier in the default area I was using was not capable of launching or trapping .

Now I have a question , I don't remember what I did to get the Nimitz into the carrier tracks program . Where do I place the Nimitz folders,it has AI carriers as a point to put them in.

Hope this is the last update on this thread, Got the Nimitz working and is very fun . Just want to give a big thank you and thumbs up for all the superb help,you guys rock .:salute::ernae: