Teaser Shots FSX Native SU-27 Flanker by ALS-SIM
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teaser Shots FSX Native SU-27 Flanker by ALS-SIM

Teaser Shots FSX Native SU-27 Flanker by ALS-SIM

Good morning all. It gives me great pleasure to introduce some of the first teaser screen shots of ALS-SIM's brand new FSX Native SU-27 Flanker. Mr. Mark Harper was very gracious to allow me to be a beta tester for this model. My primary area of testing was with the Flight Modeling. I am happy to report all testing thus far has gone well and Mark hopes for a release in the very near future. She's a fine model that I feel quite confident all Fast Jet FSX Fliers will enjoy flying. More to come!
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Holy smoke! Geez, am I dreaming? Double take!
    "Soon to be Expat"

Thanks for the HU, good to see Mark Harper is creating new things. I think he did some brilliant models before like the Alphasim F4 series and Skysim Mirage III. And it looks like there is more to come check http://mark-harper.co.uk/

Attachment 13644Attachment 13645

Well my dreams have been come true.

Can't wait.

I think you're making a lot of people very happy with those shots, Storm.

Nice model!

Thank you

It has been a long time coming....A native FSX SU 27. Thanks, this too will be added to the Hangar!
    :salute::salute::salute:

A couple more including a forward looking VC/Panel/HUD shot.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

And a shot with the weapons coding added to make the AA-10 and AA-11's show.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

I would like to make a couple of points regarding what to expect from the Flight Model. I tested the model on close to 30+ flights so far. The FDE on this model are adjusted to reflect the handling of a Flanker in Direct Control Law with the AoA and G Limiters off. The effect is that the model flies like any Direct Control FCS(ie the F-15 or Mig-29). It is quite sensitive at speeds over 250 kias but not at all over sensitive. You just fly the plane with "disciplined" control inputs keeping the AoA and G loadings within limits. On the real Flanker, it's FBW FCS has multiple modes not unlike other FBW systems with ground, direct(takeoff and landing) and AoA and G limiter safety modes. The modes on the real plane are automated and can be manually set. Many of the Demo Pilots for the Flanker fly in Direct Control Law to get the maximum performance out of it's maneuver envelope. This is more or less what this model's FDE is set up like. You can really raise hell with it turning and it will perform a Cobra very well for FSX limitations. It is possible to tweak to Flight Tuning Elevator Effectiveness downward a little for those who wish to have the model fly more like the G/AoA Limiter is in effect. I have tested that setting and was able to maintain no more than a 9 G pull at corner/v.

Personally, to me the model flies very stable almost like it is on rails. That does not at all mean it's overly stable or unrealistic compared to most real Flight Dynamics, it means you don't have to constantly fight the trim and saturate to control stick/system with inputs. It has very solid "feel" in your hands. I keep in mind that with all the different controllers on the market, each person may have a different feel or experience with this model but I think overall 99.9% of those who try this model and once settled into it's handling will truly enjoy it's vast handling envelope and agility. When the time comes for release, I will gladly help Mark assist customers over at the ALS-SIM site support forum regarding the Flight Model should anyone have any issues or need for tweaks regarding the control/FDE setup just in case.

There will be some more screens at some point later as the final beta goes into release candidate form. Keep your eyes peeled for news. Enjoy the screens!

Charter Member 2010
    Blog Entries
    You even have the FOD grates on the intakes, and the cockpit is in Russian. Looks like it is going to be an outstanding model! Hopefully there will be some tranlations in the manual for non-native Russian readers. Looking very good though!
    Steve
    FSX Hours: 3000+

Quote Originally Posted by Roadburner440 View Post
    You even have the FOD grates on the intakes, and the cockpit is in Russian. Looks like it is going to be an outstanding model! Hopefully there will be some tranlations in the manual for non-native Russian readers. Looking very good though!
    Roadburner, all the clickable spots show up in English but all the readouts are of course standard Russian use metric. The visible loadouts which are made visible by adjusting the station weights(just like the Mirage model). The listed loadout weights are metric but I converted all of the weapons and pylon weights to imperial/pounds to help make it easier whichever settings the FSX user desires(metric or imperial). It is possible to make the models totally clean, with pylons only, or with pylons and weapons. The beta shown here is not the final form detail and texture wise but as obvious it is still a cracking visual model that really gives immersion, detail, and overall fidelity that makes you want to come back and fly her over and over again. What was the old saying, "If it looks good, it flies good".

I almost forgot(please forgive me getting ahead of myself). The FPS performance was excellent! Considering I am operating a twice upgraded 5 year old Dell system!

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Would it be possible to put in a few more VC shots? Another one of the main panel, but zoomed out a touch, and a left and right side panel shot would be bueno. Gracias.

Quote Originally Posted by Bone View Post
    Would it be possible to put in a few more VC shots? Another one of the main panel, but zoomed out a touch, and a left and right side panel shot would be bueno. Gracias.
    Steve, will try and make some quality shots of the VC later and post them. Keep in mind that this is still in beta and there may be additional detailing and texture work internally and externally. There are a number of systems in the cockpit that are modeled but I will let Mark give the details on that when he is ready as there are still some things being finalized.

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    Steve, will try and make some quality shots of the VC later and post them. Keep in mind that this is still in beta and there may be additional detailing and texture work internally and externally. There are a number of systems in the cockpit that are modeled but I will let Mark give the details on that when he is ready as there are still some things being finalized.

<INPUT id=gwProxy type=hidden><!--Session data--><INPUT id=jsProxy onclick=jsCall(); type=hidden>
    Thanks. I won't forget that it's a pre-production model, with changes most likely.

SU-27 VC shots. As noted before, this may not reflect what the final VC detail will look like and also with my system and video card, these screens do not do full justice the the detail. The beta however is quite rich in detail and functionality which will only be better on release.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Beautiful modeling!:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

There is also a "glass cockpit" version for the SKM and again to help with frame rates the CRT's have been modelled rather than gauges as far as possible but this is very much a "bonus add-on" to the set as originally I was only going to do the standard flanker so do not expect every switch and mode to function.
    Other versions of the Flanker like the "sparka" and SU34 may follow depending on the popularity of this.

If the FPS will be viable on a medium range system - I'm in! One of my all time favourite aircraft and a must-have...woohoo! Seeing that proper Russian HUD brings back memories. Years ago I made a panel for a freeware FS2000/2002 super Flanker and ended up working with a wonderful Russian programmer who coded a realistic looking and working HUD for me. I had no Cyrillic fonts for most of the project and had to hand render all of the text with my Russian friend proof reading LOL. I spent months on that project. Great stuff.

LPXO

The follow-on VC shots are great, thanks Bry. Let us know when you start Beta on the FG1, lol.

raptor19
    Looks great. I have the original Alphasim FS9 version by Mark and this one will definitely be on my wants list. :ernae:

John N

We have finally found the Holy grail of Flight sim!
    a native fsx russian fighter!

Looking great!

A SU-27, more variants if it sells well... Lotus Sim doing a MiG-29... All i need now is a quality Mig-21 and i couldn't be happier.

Charter Member 2015
    Great to see some Soviet/Russian hardware being made available for FSX

I'm with Bone,though...let's see some more shots of the Phantom...what variants FG1 + FGR2?
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Dag
    A must have, excellent work Mr. Harper. I hope there'll be a repaint kit ? ;-)

Thanks