Texture Max Load Editor

Thread: Texture Max Load Editor

Texture Max Load Editor

Is anyone else using this little utility? I "think" it might have given me a new perspective on the "blurries" which have plagued me from day 1 with FSX. I'm not saying this is the cure, but at least in one region, it seems to have changed the appearance dramatically.

The utility forces the use of HD textures when they are available and maintains that setting even if you make changes to your cfg file unrelated to the texture size (when that happens, FSX automatically resets the texture size to the default (1024)).

I am flying a lot right now in the PNW Scenery from Orbyx and after installing this program this morning and then flying for about 45 minutes, I can see a marked difference in resolution and clarity of all textures which I haven't seen since I purchased the scenery. I haven't really checked to see if PNW utilizes the HD texture sets, but even if they don't, something has changed in the way they are viewed, and the only thing I've done is to install this program.

I'm very happy with what I see and as far as I'm concerned (real or imagined), it seems to have been since I loaded the TML Editor.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

I hadn't heard of this, but thanks for the heads up. I'll have to give it a try with some photoscenery.

I bought the whole of California when megascenery earth was having a sale, but haven't used it much as the blurries are unbearable.

Here is the site Link:
    http://www.frostysoftware.com/

When it loads, it says that the site is will be back online soon, but the link for the download is there anyway, just below the headlines.:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

I've had it for a few months now...it seems to help here! :salute:

I have been using it for over a year....works well as far as I am concerned.
    Larry

Glad you like the application

Something new is on it's way in the coming months, I think you'll like it.

Yep. First thing I start up for any sim session.
    TrackIR right after that...
    "No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often." - Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt

I've been using Orbx's (no "y" by the way ) FSX Go utility since it came out. Among other things, it allows you to set the Texture Max Load every time you start FSX. I've not seen much difference in terms of performance, but models w/large texture sheets definitely look better. Then again, my video card isn't the bottleneck in my system - it's the CPU.

Charter Member 2011
    I think Orbx' FTX Aero also has the texure size facility. Works for me.
    Larry

That Texture Max Load Editor is unique in that it automatically keeps the texture size in the FSX.cfg using a background service, that is if you choose so in the menu.
    Makes it an absolute no brainer. You can edit your graphics from within the game without worrying about texture_max_load anymore.
    Mathias

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    That Texture Max Load Editor is unique in that it automatically keeps the texture size in the FSX.cfg using a background service, that is if you choose so in the menu.
    Makes it an absolute no brainer. You can edit your graphics from within the game without worrying about texture_max_load anymore.
    True. But FSX Go also applies the fix every time you start FSX, and it does so without running in the background. Horses for courses.