EE Lightning? - Page 9
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: EE Lightning?

I've installed all the changes listed here but I have a basic problem which I cannot see has cropped up earlier in this thread. How do I get reheat to work? In FS9 reheat seems to come in at nearly full throttle but on my FSX setup no reheat light up. When I bought my Lightnings from Alphasim reheat was Shift + F4 and then I thought they updated it to throttle control, how should it work with these FSX modifications?

Quote Originally Posted by harrybasset View Post
    I've installed all the changes listed here but I have a basic problem which I cannot see has cropped up earlier in this thread. How do I get reheat to work? In FS9 reheat seems to come in at nearly full throttle but on my FSX setup no reheat light up. When I bought my Lightnings from Alphasim reheat was Shift + F4 and then I thought they updated it to throttle control, how should it work with these FSX modifications?
    Which model? In the pack1/pack2 portover kits we released to the SOH library, the afterburner is throttle controlled (just as in FS9 pack2/3).

Quote Originally Posted by harrybasset View Post
    Two ways. You can still use Shft-F4 or add this line to your [TurbineEngineData] section;

afterburner_throttle_threshold = 0.90

I'm flying the F6 and neither Shift + F4 or adding the "afterburner_throttle_threshold = 0.90" line have resulted in reheat. I will check in my effects to make sure those needed are there.

Reinstalled the effects and reheat now shows.

That's good to hear Harry.

Can some of you guys try this updated Eyepoint_Move from EELightning(3).CAB
    It's certainly better than ending up in the cockpit of the aircraft next to you on the pan, but I'm getting inconsistant results. Sometimes it's spot on, other times it's too short or too long. I'd just like to know if it's my FSX setup or something else.

Attachment 35893

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Keane View Post
    That's good to hear Harry.

Can some of you guys try this updated Eyepoint_Move from EELightning(3).CAB
    It's certainly better than ending up in the cockpit of the aircraft next to you on the pan, but I'm getting inconsistant results. Sometimes it's spot on, other times it's too short or too long. I'd just like to know if it's my FSX setup or something else.
    When I asked Chris if there was such a switch in the real Lightning he answered: Of course it did! It was a voice activated command; "Oy! move over, I want to sit there." :-)
    Not sure this feature will be included in the portover package but other than that it is almost ready for upload to the library.

Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    ... other than that it is almost ready for upload to the library.
    Oh pressure! Pressure!

T-4 Sound Problem

I have been making the various changes, including the T-5 and then T-4 upgrades. Everything was fine (the T-5 is perfect), until I got to the T-4. After making the T-4 changes done, I have noticed that I don't have any sound. "Sound=" in the aircraft.cfg file, and there is a sound folder. Is there any of the T-4 changes that would result in no sound? I used to doing FSX changes, and this should be quite simple. Got me stumped. Ideas?

Which of the texture files controls the transparency of the cockpit glass in the spot view? Can it be made more opague with an alpha channel change?

Thanks, Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Gold View Post
    I have been making the various changes, including the T-5 and then T-4 upgrades. Everything was fine (the T-5 is perfect), until I got to the T-4. After making the T-4 changes done, I have noticed that I don't have any sound. "Sound=" in the aircraft.cfg file, and there is a sound folder. Is there any of the T-4 changes that would result in no sound? I used to doing FSX changes, and this should be quite simple. Got me stumped. Ideas?

Which of the texture files controls the transparency of the cockpit glass in the spot view? Can it be made more opague with an alpha channel change?

Thanks, Bill
    None of the changes we did should result in no sound... have you checked the content of your sound.cfg file? In FS9, this was aliased to the T.5:

fltsim]
    alias=ALPHA EE Lightning_T5\sound

I have aliased mine to the F.6 now:

[fltsim]
    alias=ALPHA EE Lightning_F6\sound

But I guess if you have the Virtavia pack that alias should be different.

About the external model cockpit glass: There does not seem to be a glass texture so if you want to change that you have to edit the material alpha in the MDL file (with Martin Wright's MDLMat tool).

Henk and I have completed (is it ever ) Pack 3 and it's up in the usual place.

One thing you might like to do for the Pack 2 update;

Henk pointed out that RamAirTemp is also used for the F2A, just copy the RamAirTemp.xml & RamAirTemp1.bmp from this update's CAB folder to your EELightning(2).CAB file.

The interest in this thread makes me think that there's definitely room out there for a native FSX EE Lightning.

I can imagine one with a natural metal polished skin, achievable in FSX. Now that would look marvellous.

Does anyone know of one in development or anyone who's even thinking about developing one?

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MikeH View Post
    I can imagine one with a natural metal polished skin, achievable in FSX. Now that would look marvellous.
    Have you actually downloaded these updates?

Henk has done a lot polishing.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Yep...
    Thinking of or developing?

Quote Originally Posted by jetstreamsky View Post
    Thinking of or developing?
    Well it's a bit more than a thought...

I've added ILS Approach/GPS tracking to the F2A/F3/F6 as per the T-Birds.

Attachment 37126

Woow! I have been away for a week and when I come back you guys have fixed the gunsight on the twin seaters! Thanks!

I'm doing a complete rework of my RSAF T.54 paint right now, but I have encountered a small problem in the VC. When the AB is engaged the gunsight turns blurry and a few of the VC textures become invisible, which texture(s) is missing/not converted? the T4 changes.zip has been installed, but no other reworked textures.

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    Woow! I have been away for a week and when I come back you guys have fixed the gunsight on the twin seaters! Thanks!

I'm doing a complete rework of my RSAF T.54 paint right now, but I have encountered a small problem in the VC. When the AB is engaged the gunsight turns blurry and a few of the VC textures become invisible, which texture(s) is missing/not converted? the T4 changes.zip has been installed, but no other reworked textures.
    Jens-Ole, are you sure you used the upgrade pack from the library = EELightningsPack3FSX.zip ? T4 changes.zip to me sounds like an old WIP file.

And, this might help to answer your question (from the enclosed README file):
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    KNOWN ISSUES we could not fix:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1) T.4 student seat gunsight reticle mirror effect which occurs when any light is switched on during daytime (that includes light channel triggered effects such as engine smoke/afterburners). As a workaround the default viewpoint has been moved to the instructor seat. By using the subview key (keyboard A) in the VC, you can quickly switch seats and look at the consoles and instruments.
    2) T.4 AWP/SWP panel edges stick out through the fuselage wall.

Thanks! That solved it for the T.54.

I have updated the F.6/F.53 with your "EELightningsPack2Distr" and compiled the cab file, this in turn have made a few problems. The VC looks superb, but strangely the flight dynamics have been affected and only the lower AB ignite on full power. Any ideas?

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Thanks! That solved it for the T.54.

I have updated the F.6/F.53 with your "EELightningsPack2Distr" and compiled the cab file, this in turn have made a few problems. The VC looks superb, but strangely the flight dynamics have been affected and only the lower AB ignite on full power. Any ideas?
    What do you mean with "lower AB"? The pack 2 mods were mostly done by Chris but as far as I can see it should work the same as with the original FS9 version:

Engine running glow (through taxi light): Visible if throttle >25%
    Afterburner flame (through logo light): Visible after you switch on the AB manually (Shift-F4)

If you want the AB linked to the throttle, add this line into your aircraft.cfg [TurbineEngineData] section:

afterburner_throttle_threshold = 0.90

But then again, I may have missed something, maybe Chris knows?

I have no clue why the FDE should be affected, what air file do you have / what was the previous one? You can always try the generic one which is included in EELightningsPack3FSX.zip (Lightning_FSX.air dated Apr 8,2011)

I'll do some more trying and check things out. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
    <o></o>
    Right now I'm painting up maybe the least known Lightning mark of them all; the Saudi 4 gun F.52, converted from former RAF F.2s. I'm painting it up as 56-610 from ”Operation Magic Palm” in its mid service paintscheme with the roundel painted in the forward position. <o></o>

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

... The VC looks superb, but strangely the flight dynamics have been affected and only the lower AB ignite on full power. Any ideas?
    Do you mean the lower engine afterburner *effects* don't show, or you don't get both reheat lamps lit in the cockpit?

If it's the effect not showing, it's probably a missing line in the [lights] section or a misplaced comma.
    I can't imagine only one afterburner kicking in if you're using the afterburner_throttle_threshold as Henk suggests.