EE Lightning? - Page 7
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: EE Lightning?

Charter Member 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by peter12213 View Post
    ONe thing I'm working on is a modified Ejection seat texture, I know its not improtant but I hate that flat green look, so expect that, just need some good photo's and I should have them up soon!
    Peter, Look here for a starter http://www.seatejectcolor.com/seat/s...mk4/mk-4ca.htm

Bruce
    My system specs are The wifey says no to a new computer

Thanks Bruce mate!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Attachment 34277
    Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    1) F1/F1A/F1TFF VCplaneRHside1.bmp area extends through the right side fuselage wall when a light is switched on. Nasty MDL issue.
    Certainly an MDL issue. I can't really blame VCplaneRHside1.bmp, if you remove *all* the textures and *all* the bitmaps and gauges you will load a black aircraft with no cockpit details. That right side fuselage wall issue is still there!

2) Engine start procedure not finished yet (to ensure proper shutdown you need to click the starter buttons "out" after the engine has spooled up)
    I couldn't even get the engines started! Here is my effort;

Attachment 34277

Same game as the F2A/F3/F6, need to switch off the pumps for shutdown. Not happy about the start switches yet and the battery / alternator switch doesn't look right - they shouldn't be connected.

Another little update for the pack 1 F1/F1A panel. The engine startup saga continues, think I got it now. A single xml gauge for each engine which controls the starter toggle position and cuts the starter after ignition.

I also tested it using the auto start & auto shutdown keys , sofar it works.

Attachment 34324

Attachment 34323

Another little update for the pack 1 F1/F1A panel. The engine startup saga continues, think I got it now. A single xml gauge for each engine which controls the starter toggle position and cuts the starter after ignition.

I also tested it using the auto start & auto shutdown keys , sofar it works.
    Damn! I had plans this weekend.
    Ok, I'll have to have a look at this, it's been bugging me for long enough, meanwhile, I've been playing with the F2. I've added a lot of individual dummy switches to help seeing what's where. The backup directional gyro is just a dummy bitmap for now, I may spend some time this weekend extending my knowledge of XM B****y L and make it work. I've left all the comments in the panel.cfg file so that you can see what's been changed. I haven't touched the bitmaps at all, you didn't have plans this weekend did you?

Attachment 34332

Chris, I already fixed the F2 panel bitmaps and standby direction gauge:

Attachment 34345
    Attachment 34344
    Attachment 34343

Ok, nice one. I like the startup/shutdown.
    What are you *not* doing so that I don't duplicate your excellent work...
    I have collected all the xml/bmp files into one cab file, no more (2), (3) or (E1), if you send me your e-mail address I'll send it to you if you want.

OK who's going to be the first to release this? Its payware, but were sharing all our updates.... Paul what's your say can we send the updates to friends , not the package but the updates I don't know about you guys but I'm bloody unindated with requests here! can we make a freeware update package for each model???
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Keane View Post
    Ok, nice one. I like the startup/shutdown.
    What are you *not* doing so that I don't duplicate your excellent work...
    I have collected all the xml/bmp files into one cab file, no more (2), (3) or (E1), if you send me your e-mail address I'll send it to you if you want.
    Chris, I will send you a PM.

In summary, this is what is still on my wishlist / to do list:

pack 1 - F1/F1A/F2:
    1) F1/F1A VCplaneRHside1.bmp area extends through the right side fuselage wall when a light is switched on. This is an MDL issue. I guess only Paul can fix it.
    2) I just found out I need to do some extra work on the F2 standby gyro (the plane is rotating with the digits now, it should be static, always pointing upwards with only the digits rotating LOL).
    3) I want to update the exterior F2 19 Sqn textures to make it look more bare metal like.

pack 3 - F2A/F3/F6:
    1) Overwing tanks, missiles, refuelling probe configurations not working because Concorde Visor keys do not work in FSX. This is an MDL issue. I guess only Paul can fix it.

pack 3 - T4/T5:
    1) Gunsight reticle is solid black, does not respond to switch. The gunsight reticle switch uses the model's secondary exit which does not work in FSX for the T4/T5 MDL files. I guess only Paul can fix it.
    2) T4 VC AWP and SWP areas extend through the side fuselage wall when a light is switched on. This is an MDL issue. I guess only Paul can fix it.
    3) T4 VC bitmaps need to be fixed for "see through issue when a light is switched on". As the T4 does not high on my priority list I put this on the backburner.

General: I have sorted out the unique vs shared textures, converted them to DDS and repacked/aliased them to save diskspace. I could share a list of which files go where if anyone is interested.

Peter is right, it might be nice if we could do some sort of portover kit for each pack.

Quote Originally Posted by peter12213 View Post
    OK who's going to be the first to release this? Its payware, but were sharing all our updates.... Paul what's your say can we send the updates to friends , not the package but the updates I don't know about you guys but I'm bloody unindated with requests here! can we make a freeware update package for each model???
    Well, I should speak to Dave first, but my view is that the package is still officially 'payware' so that would be off limits. However, new textures/tweaks tips etc would be fine to share. So all of them put into a single package for each model would certainly be OK by me. Just dont put anything like the aircraft mdl into any such packages.

Cheers

Paul

Chris, I will send you a PM.

In summary, this is what is still on my wishlist / to do list:

pack 1 - F1/F1A/F2:
    1) F1/F1A VCplaneRHside1.bmp area extends through the right side fuselage wall when a light is switched on. This is an MDL issue. I guess only Paul can fix it.
    2) I just found out I need to do some extra work on the F2 standby gyro (the plane is rotating with the digits now, it should be static, always pointing upwards with only the digits rotating LOL).
    3) I want to update the exterior F2 19 Sqn textures to make it look more bare metal like.

pack 3 - F2A/F3/F6:
    1) Overwing tanks, missiles, refuelling probe configurations not working because Concorde Visor keys do not work in FSX. This is an MDL issue. I guess only Paul can fix it.

pack 3 - T4/T5:
    1) Gunsight reticle is solid black, does not respond to switch. The gunsight reticle switch uses the model's secondary exit which does not work in FSX for the T4/T5 MDL files. I guess only Paul can fix it.
    2) T4 VC AWP and SWP areas extend through the side fuselage wall when a light is switched on. This is an MDL issue. I guess only Paul can fix it.
    3) T4 VC bitmaps need to be fixed for "see through issue when a light is switched on". As the T4 does not high on my priority list I put this on the backburner.

General: I have sorted out the unique vs shared testures, converted them to DDS and repacked them to save diskspace. I could share a list of which files go where if anyone is interested.

Peter is right, it might be nice if we could do some sort of portover kit for each pack.
    I am afraid that the old FSDS V2 FS9 mdl's will have to stay as they are. I have spoken to Dave about this - I am retired now, but he is still working away behind the scenes. Anything being worked on now uses newer development software. I know that an FSX native Lightning is actually on his 'to do' list. But he has other priorities first which will take some time, so don't hold your breath.

Cheers

Paul

Paul, thanks for your feedback, I understand the old MDL's cannot be fixed.

Here is the fixed version of the pack 1 F.Mk.2 standby direction gyro:

Attachment 34400

Attachment 34401

pack 3 - T4/T5:
    Agree with most of your comments, but I've just spent the last few hours playing with the gunsight reticule. The switch is working. If you delete/erase/repaint GunsightReticule.dds you can see the change on the gunsight as you toggle the switch. I'll play some more tomorrow, but it does look like something can be done - maybe.

I give up with the T-bird's gunsight - this is the nearest I get;

Attachment 34489Attachment 34490

On a better note (Thanks to hschuit (Eagle-Eyed Henk) for pointing it out) you might want to download this modified panel for the F3/F6;

Attachment 34492

For all those people flying around in the F1/F1A/F2 models:
    You must all use Ctrl-E to start your engines, because if you did the manual start, you'd find your battery flat after ten minutes. I did mention that I wasn't happy with this back in post #153.
    This fixes that, just remember to switch on the alternator (labelled standby inverter) after engine start;

Attachment 34509

After more flying around in the F1 I find the ILS gauge / Marker lamp isn't working correctly and the heading & altitude knobs (not the windows) are arse-about. Try these;

Attachment 34543

The Valid/Invalid Lamp logic in ILS.xml is a bit of a bodge, you should be using "HSI CDI NEEDLE VALID" & "HSI GSI NEEDLE VALID", but they don't want to play ball. If anyone can fix it, feel free...

The sound is greatly improved (shutdown really shuts down) by using this sound.cfg, you'll have a bit of work to do copying & renaming the wav files but it's just too big to upload (38Mb).

Attachment 34542

I've been looking at the LH panel on the F1/F1A/F2. The only improvement I can do is;

F1:
    [Vcockpit13]
    Background_color=106,123,135 // was 0,0,0

F2:
    [Vcockpit15]
    Background_color=106,123,135 // was 0,0,0

Can't seem to fix the gap between the panels showing the outside. Anyone have any success with this?

I finally found a cure for this pack 1 F1/F1A MDL issue:

Attachment 34774

The VCplaneRHside1.bmp area extends through the right side fuselage wall when a light is switched on. As I am not allowed to distribute the fixed MDL files, you have to DIY. You will need to change the alpha channel of the VC glass material in the MDL files with Martin Wright's MDLMat tool for each of the 3 F1 models:

Change the Diffuse Alpha to zero for these materials:
    Lightning_F1.mdl = LOD 02 28
    Lightning_F1A.mdl = LOD 02 28
    Lightning_F1_TFF.mdl = LOD 02 26

BTW, there is a good MDLMat tutorial from OBIO in this SOH library FS2004 - Other page:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ks.php?catid=8

Nice work! I shall investigate over the weekend.

I've been working in the F2A/F3/F6 CDI/GSI valid lights, the FD switch problem and the voltmeter (that's just a bodge - bus voltage * 0.8). All complete but I haven't pulled the CAB, bitmap and config file changes together to upload.

One thing I've noticed during this work;
    You can make some changes, load another aircraft, reload the one you're working on, nothing's changed. Shut FSX down, restart and there are your changes. I can only assume it's a cache problem.

Job done, handy tool.
    I assume you've tried this for the T5 gunsight problem ...
    Attachment 34804

Doesn't work does it :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Keane View Post
    Job done, handy tool.
    I assume you've tried this for the T5 gunsight problem ...
    Doesn't work does it :-(
    I tried the T4, found the VC glass / gunsight glass materials (LOD 02 30 / 02 34) ) but whatever I tried, no result. Strange thing is when I load the model in FSX SP2 the gunsight works just fine. It looks like an FSX Acceleration thing, maybe the shader version or ...?

Sounds like a google job - fsx acceleration sp2 shader
    Here are the changes for the ND valid/invalid lamps, the voltmeter, AP heading and altitude knobs and the FD switch.
    The FD switch is a strange one. Everything is fine - until you load another Lightning model, then you get the same section of the switch dissappearing when you click on it.

Attachment 34816

For the F1/F1A/F2, I've got rid of that strange greenish blue blob that's supposed to be the light port on the gunsight and tweaked the radar for all models. You need to have battery on and avionics on before the radar 'works'.

Drop the dds files into all the texture folders (F1/F1A/F2 only), copy the bitmaps to their respective panel folders and add the files in 'EELightning' to your CAB file (EELightning.CAB for the F1/F1A/F2, EELightning(2).CAB for the F2A/F3/F6).

The changes to make to your panel.cfg files are in the respective folders.

Attachment 34836

question lightning

there is some question, regards non fsx native aircraft and dds versus bmp....converting bmp to dds may not be the best solution....the argument is that non native fsx models ported from fs9...look for bmp before they default to dds.....that converting to dds would also require, a model hack, for fs9 portovers....

whats the consensus of opinion......ps, thanks for all your fine efforts....its much appreciated......jim

Which .air file

I am dutifully installing all these changes in my Lightnings. Quick question: I was using the F3v2 air file in all the variations approved, but subsequently I have the Lightning_FSX.air file (which can be used in all versions). Have we adopted the Lightning_FSX.air as the "standard" .air file - or is it a matter of preference? Thanks for all the excellent work, Bill