Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: EE Lightning?

Hi Luigi,

It works perfectly!
    I am very happy!

Thank you very much!

Regards,

Zsolt
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    Hi Luigi,

It works perfectly!
    I am very happy!

Thank you very much!

Regards,

Zsolt
    :ernae: :ernae: :ernae:
    for you a "great thanks " for the MIVP texture

What works perfectly guys?
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Ok, after resisting the urge to do another run to Zleeti and shoot some pirates up, I've 'done' the SWP fix. It's a bodge I know, if you zoom back in the cockpit and flash the landing lights on and off (which controls the cockpit lighting as well) you'll see that this is just a sticking plaster over the main problem. I really wish I knew what I was doing. Are there no texture gurus reading this?
    Anyway copy the attached VCplane22.bmp into the panel directory on the F6/F3. You need to rename it to VCplane18.bmp for the F2A, and I know there are still two more panels in the right of the cockpit in the F2A with the same problem - maybe later.

Attachment 33705

And now back to those pirates ...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Keane View Post
    Ok, after resisting the urge to do another run to Zleeti and shoot some pirates up, I've 'done' the SWP fix. It's a bodge I know, if you zoom back in the cockpit and flash the landing lights on and off (which controls the cockpit lighting as well) you'll see that this is just a sticking plaster over the main problem. I really wish I knew what I was doing. Are there no texture gurus reading this?
    Anyway copy the attached VCplane22.bmp into the panel directory on the F6/F3. You need to rename it to VCplane18.bmp for the F2A, and I know there are still two more panels in the right of the cockpit in the F2A with the same problem - maybe later.

Attachment 33705

And now back to those pirates ...
    Hi Guys

I pop into this thread now and again....

What exactly is the issue with the SWP VC texture? Which pack? When does the problem occur?

Cheers

Paul

If you look back a couple of posts, you'll see the photo from zsoltquack.
    You can see the problem there on the SWP.
    I think it affects all the packs, but I only tend to use the F2A/F3/F6 models so I can't be certain about the F1/F1A/F2 pack and the T-bird pack.
    It happens as you advance the throttle, start the engines, switch lights on (or off) ... There's probably more.

If you look back a couple of posts, you'll see the photo from zsoltquack.
    You can see the problem there on the SWP.
    I think it affects all the packs, but I only tend to use the F2A/F3/F6 models so I can't be certain about the F1/F1A/F2 pack and the T-bird pack.
    It happens as you advance the throttle, start the engines, switch lights on (or off) ... There's probably more.
    OK, well I haven't used the Lightning in FSX, but I moved the Pack 2 base files across (model/textures etc but not gauges). The panel looks OK. I pressed the L and the whole cockpit lights up and the panel looks OK. I switched on the engines, moved the throttle and the panel looks OK. So, I assume that the problem is gauge related?

Just put the Pack 2 Gauges into FSX. Started the engines, switched the Lights on and off (L key) , increased the throttle, took off - that panel still looks OK?

Nope, just tried it by removing the gauges cab;
    Here it is with lights off, then on.
    Attachment 33717Attachment 33716

Chris, thank you for the VCplane bitmap . It nicely covers up the problem area! While you were playing Oolite I was messing about with the oldest of the packs and FSX AI Formation Toys, a nice tool from Jerry Beckwith...

Nope, just tried it by removing the gauges cab;
    Here it is with lights off, then on.
    Attachment 33717Attachment 33716
    OK, it took me a while, but eventually - after flying around a bit - I was able to see the same as you. Wierd really as everything looked OK when I tested it on the ground. I will have a look later to see if there is anything obvious to change.

Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    Chris, thank you for the VCplane bitmap . It nicely covers up the problem area! While you were playing Oolite I was messing about with the oldest of the packs and FSX AI Formation Toys, a nice tool from Jerry Beckwith...

That's a really good picture

Quote Originally Posted by paulb View Post
    OK, it took me a while, but eventually - after flying around a bit - I was able to see the same as you. Wierd really as everything looked OK when I tested it on the ground. I will have a look later to see if there is anything obvious to change.
    Thanks - you will be in my prayers tonight.

How did you get them so close - look at this bunch - ducks do better!
    Attachment 33726

How did you get them so close - look at this bunch - ducks do better!
    Attachment 33726
    I did set them up as diamond formation, straight line. Then used the view mode "Air Traffic", pick one of the AI planes.

Had a quick look. Yes, it is the lights. The throttle only causes a problem when reheat is engaged - that is simply because lights are used for the reheat effect.

The VCplane22bmp is black ie 0,0,0 because of the way that this was used for effect in FS9. I see Chris that you have simply used the day texture for the night (lights) as a replacement VCplane22bmp in FSX. There is actually nothing wrong with that, we used the same approach for some of the other VC textures.

Hope that helps a bit.

Cheers

Paul

Some great work going on here to get this port to work! Thanks fellas, I'll have to dig mine out...if I can remember where I stored it???:ernae:
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

... simply used the day texture for the night ...
    Simply! ROFL
    Maybe for you guys that have been doing this for years As I stated earlier, I wish I knew what I was doing. I've never done aircraft before, I'm a scenery guy. Took me ages to find out how to split the MIPS up, cut the bit out I wanted and position it correctly (why the right hand edge I still don't understand - oh, and why it doesn't need flipping).
    Maybe the next couple will get easier.

Is there not then, a simple one-off fix for everything? If you sit back and toggle the lights, you'll see little problems on a lot of panels - the centre console comes to mind and the line that flashes below the IAS/Mach meter.

Simply! ROFL
    Maybe for you guys that have been doing this for years As I stated earlier, I wish I knew what I was doing. I've never done aircraft before, I'm a scenery guy. Took me ages to find out how to split the MIPS up, cut the bit out I wanted and position it correctly (why the right hand edge I still don't understand - oh, and why it doesn't need flipping).
    Maybe the next couple will get easier.

Is there not then, a simple one-off fix for everything? If you sit back and toggle the lights, you'll see little problems on a lot of panels - the centre console comes to mind and the line that flashes below the IAS/Mach meter.
    LOL .

Well Chris, I retired about five years ago, so I am having to try to remember all of this again!

So, as this portover is working much better than I imagined that it would, if you want to slowly feed me specifics on the VC, then I will look at them.

BTW, I notice that the flight model is not exactly great in FSX, so I will have a go at that next. Just don't expect any quick results!

BTW, I notice that the flight model is not exactly great in FSX, so I will have a go at that next. Just don't expect any quick results!
    Done that, thanks to hschuit have a look back at page 3.

I quite like the flight model personally the new airfile is good but the fix for the wing vortices really ruins the handling so I don't use that and simply deleted the votices effects, I really just need that problem with the throttle light effect that I posted on earlier to be fixed and that's it for me I'd be happy!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

I realy envy people with the skill to get under the bonet of an FSX model. There is so much going on here it is now difficult to keep up with what needs changing where. Could someone pull it all together and post an upgrade? There is so much interest in this iconic aircraft. Personaly I would willingly make a donation for Help the Heroes if someone could do this..perhaps through the UKMIL website?? Any takers?

Quote Originally Posted by peter12213 View Post
    I quite like the flight model personally the new airfile is good but the fix for the wing vortices really ruins the handling so I don't use that and simply deleted the votices effects, I really just need that problem with the throttle light effect that I posted on earlier to be fixed and that's it for me I'd be happy!
    Vortices: I agree about the handling, post# 54 use the fx_dummy fix

Reflective textures: That's the VCplane22.bmp post a page back, post #79.

Quote Originally Posted by CavOk View Post
    I realy envy people with the skill to get under the bonet of an FSX model. There is so much going on here it is now difficult to keep up with what needs changing where. Could someone pull it all together and post an upgrade? There is so much interest in this iconic aircraft. Personaly I would willingly make a donation for Help the Heroes if someone could do this..perhaps through the UKMIL website?? Any takers?
    Now

if there is enough call, and donations, then we could produce a TRUE FSX lighting

Quote Originally Posted by UKMIL View Post
    Now

if there is enough call, and donations, then we could produce a TRUE FSX lighting
    Count me in

Members who have read this thread: 79