EE Lightning? - Page 2
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: EE Lightning?

Zsolt open the panel .cfg go to the bottom and change the size to 6143 to get rid of the black bar, then you need to find the gunsite texture and either fix or remove it and all should be well you must not close the throttles as it will cut the engines! I don't have mine installed but I'll try and post a fix if I get around to it!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Hello Pete,

I am very happy! It would be nice if it would be a solution
    Beautiful aircraft!
    Thank you!

Regards,

Zsolt
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Quote Originally Posted by peter12213 View Post
    Zsolt open the panel .cfg go to the bottom and change the size to 6143 to get rid of the black bar, then you need to find the gunsite texture and either fix or remove it and all should be well you must not close the throttles as it will cut the engines! I don't have mine installed but I'll try and post a fix if I get around to it!
    Sorry Pete,

Specifically, you describe it?

[Default View]
    X=0
    Y=0
    SIZE_X= ?
    SIZE_Y= ?

Thanks!

Zsolt
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Change the one that starts with 61 I've forgotton which one it is but change it to 6143!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

in panel.cfg change the following;
    render_3d_window=0

As for the throttle cut problem I've changed the entry in aircraft.cfg to;
    min_throttle_limit=0.10
    This works but it means you don't get reverse thrust (parachute).
    There's probably a more elegant solution, I'm still working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Keane View Post
    in panel.cfg change the following;
    render_3d_window=0

As for the throttle cut problem I've changed the entry in aircraft.cfg to;
    min_throttle_limit=0.10
    This works but it means you don't get reverse thrust (parachute).
    There's probably a more elegant solution, I'm still working on it.
    The throttle cut problem is caused by the idle RPM settings in the following air file engine tables:

1503 Turbine LoMach CN2 vs throttle & IAP ratio
    1504 Turbine HiMach CN2 vs throttle & IAP ratio

You can edit those tables using Aircraft Airfile Manager (AAM v2.2). The old values were 20% / 22% RPM at zero throttle and IAP Lo=1, raise them to 40% RPM.

It is some time ago but I think the jet started to move at idle 40% RPM. If that happens, you also need to adjust table 1506 (Turbine Corrected Thrust Factor vs CN1% & Mach). Just decrease thrust in the low RPM range a bit and the jet will stay put on the ground with engines running idle.

Is this the old Alpha product which I have tried porting over to FSX but the guages don't work or have Virtavia done an upgrade to make it FSX compatable?
    If it's a new product where can I get it?

I love it!
    I set the first 2 points in 1503/4 to 30 and it works fine - no need to adjust 1506.
    Thanks also to Karl-Heinz Klotz for an excellent program.

All I have to do now is sort out the AP for night flying (can't see the numbers) and get manual start to work.

Any more great tips?

Has anyone been able to hit Mach 2.0 @ 36,000 Feet ? I tried with the F3 and got stuck at Mach 1.5. Maybe I have to tweak the air file a bit, I am thinking of the Mach drag effect (table 430) and Turbine Reheat Thrust Factor vs MAch No. (table 1524).

Same here Henk I've had it up to 50 using the old RAF supersonic zoom climb technique but never actually had it to Mach 2 come to think of it!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Come on guys...Attachment 33212
    This is with an F6.

Chris, how did you do that? In FSX, even at 50,000 feet I still cannot go faster than mach 1.4:isadizzy:
    Only in FS2004 I can go mach 2.0 (manual says top speed is mach 2.0 at 36,000 feet).

Sorry about that, I never realised there was a difference. I've spent too much time playing with the cockpit and not enough time flying.
    You're right, that screenshot was from FS9, in FSX at FL500 I can only get 335KIAS; M1.49 and at FL360 535KIAS; M1.57.
    Looks like the .air files need updating and I'm willing to bet the problem is in the 400's section.
    Unfortunately I am a virgin when it comes to .air files - looks like we need hschuit!
    Failing that, I suppose I can get my fingers dirty playing with all those interesting parameters.

Thank you Chris! I changed the air file and there I went: Take off from RAF Coltishall, out to the Wash, then full burners for FL360 and mach 2.0 and finally climbing to 70,000+ feet. How awesome it must have been in real life for those pilots being up there on the edge of space, looking to the UK below from the east coast all the way to the Irish Sea in the west !

Attachment 33221Attachment 33223Attachment 33222

Then I am close to bingo fuel, time to RTB.

Attached : updated air file (can be used on F2A, F3, F6, T5)
    Attachment 33220

Aaargh! You beat me to it.
    Attachment 33224
    430 (TBL16_2) Delta CDO due to mach;
    Starting at element 5, Y=0.001, then 0.001/0.2M to element 12, then make element 15 way higher to put the brakes on at M2.05
    I'll download yours and have a look.

Charter Member 2011
    2nd star to the right...you see that old torino?..ask there
    Quote Originally Posted by merida72 View Post
    This is my cockpit version... :salute:

Looks fantastic!, did you tweak the maps as well?

Prowler

Is anyone prepared to post the fixes for this package as I have ported over the FS9 version but I can't get the the guages to work no matter what. Help please.

Thanks hschuit, works nicely.

I think Freud would have something to say about your graphs
    I noticed that you're way up in the air without your nav lights on - shame on you...

Attachment 33251

Quote Originally Posted by CavOk View Post
    Is anyone prepared to post the fixes for this package as I have ported over the FS9 version but I can't get the the guages to work no matter what. Help please.
    What gauges don't work?

What gauges don't work?
    Thanks for replying Chris, I think a picture is worth a thousand words, I think you'll get the problem

Looks like you haven't copied your gauges over from FS9.
    You're missing EELightning.cab & EELightning(2).cab

Chris: Thank you for fixing the Nav/Strobe lights switch :salute: Not sure what the other 2 do but I installed them anyway.

I notice CavOk is using the pack 1 F1 or F2 panel, they use EELightning.cab which should be OK for FSX plus a bunch of older *.GAU files which will not all work.

Looks like you haven't copied your gauges over from FS9.
    You're missing EELightning.cab & EELightning(2).cab
    Hi Chris, I have copied over the cab files but no change??

I think I've now got to the bottom of this. Having rummaged round my cupboard I found the original Alpha download for pack 1 and 2. The panels in these packs are different to the ones I have in FS9. Obviously they have been modified can't remember why but I'm sure it was a good idea at the time. Starting again from the original download all now seems well with the published tweeks. Thanks for your help Chris we got there in the end.