EE Lightning?
Page 1 of 12 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: EE Lightning?

EE Lightning?

Is there an English Electric Lightning available for FSX? I recall UKMIL working on one, but I think it was axed. I think Alphasim and and Kazunori Ito each released FS9 (or FS2002) versions. But I don't believe any have been done in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Railrunner130 View Post
    Is there an English Electric Lightning available for FSX? I recall UKMIL working on one, but I think it was axed. I think Alphasim and and Kazunori Ito each released FS9 (or FS2002) versions. But I don't believe any have been done in a while.
    AFAIK, you are correct in everything you said above. (Can't say anything more. :salute
    :ernae:

December last year, bazzar from Aeroplane Heaven suggested on this forum they might do one somewhere in the future. No updates since, keeping my fingers crossed...

I think it was never Freeware but the elder Alpha-sam payware Flys well in FSX(Accel SP2) after some gauge tweaking

Roland

Thanks for the advise guys!

I just downloaded the Lightning from Alphasim. I probably have two or more copies buried away in the external hard drive hanger. But anyway...

Thunder- can you either post or send me a copy of your panel file? It looks really nice!

As requested

rename it to panel.cfg

RolandAttachment 12936

Thanks!! I appreciate that!

Woops. Not working for me. Winzip says the folder is empty? Please look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Railrunner130 View Post
    Thanks!! I appreciate that!

Woops. Not working for me. Winzip says the folder is empty? Please look at it.
    Yep same here.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Rename the file to panel.cfg and it's fine!

That just means removing the '.zip' bit from the end

Myles

Quote Originally Posted by thunder100 View Post
    I think it was never Freeware but the elder Alpha-sam payware Flys well in FSX(Accel SP2) after some gauge tweaking

Roland
    Did you ever manage to do a manual engine start?
    Ctrl_e works fine but all I get when trying a manual start is a surging engine between 10 & 20%.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    The Alphasim/Virtavia EE Lightning is now available in several shops for only $25, and that price includes all three packs!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Hi Roland,

WinZip Says the folder is empty so you can't extract the file.

Bruce:

Quote Originally Posted by myles View Post
    Rename the file to panel.cfg and it's fine!

That just means removing the '.zip' bit from the end
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Keane View Post
    Did you ever manage to do a manual engine start?
    Ctrl_e works fine but all I get when trying a manual start is a surging engine between 10 & 20%.
    Manual start procedure does not work in FSX because it looks like the engine start switches use XML gauges which are not compatible with FSX event ID's / variables.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    Bruce:

Thanks Ferry, but it contains no files therfore renaming it does not work either.

Bruce.

Bruce, I just tried to save it, removing the .zip from the filename and set the the box below the filename from 'zip files' to 'all files'. It saves it as 'panel.cfg' which I can open with notepad like all text and cfg files.

I'm using the panelcfg file from this thread but which guages are you guys using?

Quote Originally Posted by CavOk View Post
    I'm using the panelcfg file from this thread but which guages are you guys using?
    Each pack comes with a slightly different gauge set:

Pack 1 v1.1: EELighting.cab
    Pack 2 : EELighting(2).cab
    Pack 3 : EELighting(3).cab

The Alphasim/Virtavia EE Lightning is now available in several shops for only $25, and that price includes all three packs!
    I already have all three original Alphasim packages, but I thought I'd see of this was an upgrade.
    Nope! Same old FS9 only package (with FS98 gauges) with a few T-birds added, waste of money.

I've already been six days playing with this and there are just a few irritating problems left that I hope to overcome in time.

Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    Manual start procedure does not work in FSX because it looks like the engine start switches use XML gauges which are not compatible with FSX event ID's / variables.
    XML gauges should be amenable to modifying (I already have for some items in the .cab). I think it's more likely the code in the air file.

I will persevere.

Bruce, I just tried to save it, removing the .zip from the filename and set the the box below the filename from 'zip files' to 'all files'. It saves it as 'panel.cfg' which I can open with notepad like all text and cfg files.

Thanks Ferry I will give it ago and let you know how I get on.

Bruce.

p.s. Got it now thanks again Ferry.

If anyone's interested in fixing the lights switch problem on the F2A/F3/F6, the following line in LightsSwitch.xml needs changing to;

<value><value><value>Value(A:LIGHT NAV, bool) 0 == if{ 0 } els{ (A:LIGHT STROBE, bool) 0 == if{ 1 } els{ 2 }}</value></value>/Value

(add the < and >'s)

</value>

"...lights switch problem on the F2A/F3/F6..."

The T4/T5 model has separate NAV and STROBE switches (items 23 & 24 on page 10 of the manual).
    I don't have this model installed so I can't say if they work or not. Is there a problem with these switches?