59 28.10%
  • Gliders

12 5.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aircraft the make you feel "there"

Aircraft the make you feel "there"

Hi,

This is a poll for you to tell us what flight sim aircraft make you feel as if you are really "there" or as if you were really in that aircraft.

My Choices:
    JF/Aeroplane Heaven Wildcat & Martlet
    Real Air Scout (Had to stop using it due to Win7 config panel problems)
    Craig Tatley
    No DC-3 without the DC-2

http://www.dc2-fs.com/

My opinion is that realistic looking virtual cockpit, diverse soundset, somewhat accurate systems modeling and believable flight dynamics are key points.

Therefore I answer, A2A Cub/Fortress, RealAir Duke, PMDG 744, VRS Superbug. Of course there are others but those I mentioned are the planes I spend most of my time in.

The Iris DA42 Twinstar, Iris F-16D, Lionheart's Pasped Skylark and about half a dozen others, lol. Hard to tie it down to one for sure.:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Razbam A6E
    Razbam F102
    Sibwings bird dog / Safir
    Nemeth ka26 "Hoodlum" (old but I still fly it)
    Iris F16
    Iris Vulcan
    A2A Bf109E
    The new Just Flight stuff
    Many Many More too!

I forgot about Vertigo Studios, I fly all there aircraft too!
    Pete!

Support Help For Heroes!

Hard to reduce to one aircraft; I would say :

Classics Hangar FW190
    Vertigo Studios P-36
    Lionheart Creations Skylark
    FSAddon Gloster Gladiator
    Realair Spitfire
    Samdim Design Cap-10
    Anthony Lynch Tigermoth
    Flight Replicas Supercub
    Lotus L-39
    Feelthere Emb145
    Carenado Bonanza
    ...and I miss many others.

For me it's the sensation of real seat-of-the-pants flying, the ground dropping away on take-off, the effect of wind on the aeroplane, the difficulty of just staying airborne.

And that spells Vintage aeroplanes.

Specifically, my favourites (at present) are Dirk Stuck's Curtiss Jenny, Jean-Michel Castagne's Bleriot XI, and the reasonably sophisticated (by comparison) Tiger Moth by Anthony Lynch

Just getting to the destination, and landing safely, is a real treat.
    "Somewhere out there is Page 6!"
    "But Emilo you promised! It's postpone"

ASWWIAH Member

RealAir Spit and SF-260, Cloud9's F-104, Alpha Simulations EE Lightnings (with modded / corrected FDE), RAZBAM's F-102, Alpha Simulations F-105D last but not least Dave Garwood's Hunters.

Blog Entries
    A2A B-17G, A2A P-47, A2A Boeing 377, A2A P-40(it just needs accusim)

Bill's Paspard Skylark, EPIC LT, JU-33, Bellanca Cruisematers

Tim's PC-7, Mooney Mite, OV-10, AN-2 (with the right sound package)and A-1H Skyraider,

Flight Replica's L-4s, Me 262, Super Cub (sweet)

Carenado C-185 and 206

Eaglesoft Piper Commance (have flown a few in RL as co-pilot)

REAL Air Scout

Vertigo Studio P-36

Classic Hanger FW190

Samdim Design Cap-10 (amazing)

CaptainSim 727- have flown the Boeing simulator

MAAM DC-3, TBM Avenger

Jan's F-86 (SWEEEEEEET)

Warwick Carter T-6

Jesse's (SKYUNLIMITED) T-6 Texan, P-38 (His T-6s awesome-have been in several in RL)

Anthony's Tigermoth (latest version)

I have to add this: this aircraft are made even more realistic with PNW by FTX

I'm sure I left a few out and for those devs I apologize. We have so many incredibly accurate (for a cheap simulator) aircraft and the immersion factor is very high in most nowadays! Mine is based on my every month flyers. Obviously I can't afford to buy every aircraft out there now.
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Ron's (RAZBAM) A-4 Skyhawk series is still one of my favorites!!!!

So much fun!

NC

The two planes that I always enjoyed flying were the RealAir Spitfire XIV and the Iris F-5s.

Absolutely loved flying with them, so much fun.

For many years, this was the MAAM Sim R4D for me.
    Now, for me, A2a products like the B17g are on that throne, as well as Vertigos SBD.

Generally, "I'm there" when the flight model is not over simplified, e.g. when you really have to stay inside the typical performance envelope of the aircraft and things like prop torque and aerodynamic effects are properly modeled, and the mechanical systems are simulated, also with a damage profile (engines!).
    Another source of immersion for me is the noise, which is way too simple in most FS aircraft. A2A does a good job here, with a diffferent wind noise when you open the cockpit for example, and all kinds of mechanical sounds from the engine(s) and systems.
    Another effect I miss from the old days of flying Janes WW2 Fighters is the sound effect when pulling G's, remember that? The more you pulled, the flatter the sound got, like reducing bass and treble from the sound spectrum. One also heard noises the airframe made under stress, although I don't know if this is realistic. I've been in a real T-6 doing aerobatics and I did not hear any noises like that, despite pulling G's that almost blacked me out.

Cheers,
    Mark

For me:
    In FSX
    Eaglesoft SR22
    RealAir Duke
    Piglet's Meyers 200D

In FS9
    Eaglesoft SR22
    FSD Cheyenne
    FSD Avanti
    Dreamfleet Baron

RealAir Spit
    IRIS Vulcan
    Aerosoft F16 & TwinOtter
    PMDG 747
    CS 757
    CH Fw190
    JF BoB
    A2A B17
    Flight1 Hunter

I'm hoping the IRIS Typhoon and Virtavia Jaguar will be the first modern RAF types that actually feel immersive.

For me the VC and exterior has to look real and all the switches have to work. Sound and flight dynamics are important too, but as I've never flown any of the aircraft listed above it is more that it shouldn't feel 'wrong' than it should be overly 'right'.

Aerosoft F-16, Flylogic F-5E Tiger II (the photo realistic cockpit is awesome), and two portovers: Cloud9 F-4 and the Microsim T-37 (again, awesome photorealistic cockpits). Even though the F-4 and T-37 aren't fully functional in FSX, their photorealism translates well on my 52 inch HDTV. The inability to click a few switches is no big deal, due to the complete lack of tactile feedback the sim offers anyway (just my viewpoint, that's all).

I love the warbirds and the jets and everything but I picked GA because those are the flying environments that I am trained to fly in real life. RealAir's GA line of craft is what puts me 'there' the most as a pilot. And from my sig you can tell I am in Bill's fabulous Dynasty alot

SADT, I have Win7 64x pro and I am able to use the Scout package just fine including the config program. It is one of my favorite GA planes as well. You might talk to Rob about it because it should work fine on Win7

Cheers
    TJ
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I agree with the majority.
    Vertigo Studios
    SBD
    F6F
    P-36
    *[can't wait for F8F,F9F]*

A2A
    P-47
    B-17
    *[P-51 in development]*

RealAir
    Duke
    *[looking forward to Royal Turbine version]*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Patrick

Blog Entries
    Sibwings Bird Dog.

Ian.

Much as I love RealAir's flight dynamics (fluidity and sense of mass), for me the "you are there" feeling comes from sound and VC atmosphere, plus the airfile.

Therefore: A2A Cub, P-47 and B-17, Lotussim L-39, Sibwings Birddog (1.2 version), Aerosoft Catalina and Beaver, Carenado 172 and 152 (I miss systems modeling when I fly the Carenados, but still fee like I'm there).

And yet the RealAir Citabria and SF260 keep calling me back...
    "Ah, Paula, they are firing at me..."

-- Saint-Exupery

It's gliders for me, FSX does a better job simulating gliding than FS9 did. I can actually notice a difference between L/D Max airspeed, and Minimum sink, unlike FS2004 where you are dropping constantly. I really love Wolfgang's LS8-18. Flying the LS8 at my home airport, the virtual version in FSX is quite realistic, and spins realisticly at the highest realism settings.

Blog Entries
    meh.. for me in part its anything powered by my teams work of course ( JFTC/JadeIsland) but beyond that, theres David Maltby's DH-106 Comet, Arianes BBJ for fs9 and their 737-800 for fsx,

Happiness Consultant
    Gotta go with A2A ...
    "Trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty!" John Adams 1772

Snuffy / Ted

Dodosim 206, but I see that helicopters were ignored, as usual.

"No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often." - Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt

Perhaps because the cockpit is so familiar to me after all the beta flying I did in it, but I really feel "there" when I step inside the cockpit from my Classics Hangar FW190-A. Without thinking I know which switches I need to trow, gentle with the throttle, a bit rudder to stay in the middle of the runway and once airborne I retract the gear and flaps, at exactly the right moment, without even thinking.

Although there are many models is love to fly, this one is "really" my home.

Cheers,
    Huub

All my payware aircraft do to a certain extent but the Lotus Aero L-39 tops the others, followed closely by the Sibwings Bird Dog (V1.2), Realair Spitfire, the Carenado Beechcraft Bonanza & 185 and one freeware aircraft - Ant's Tiger Moth.

Also love watching my Realair Spitfire from spot view ...makes you "feel" there from an air show spectator point of view.