Flak Problems... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flak Problems...

Chuckle

Memory lane - I started this thread in 2008! Glad it's still useful. Just peeking in here. I've been itching to do do some flying again - been a while. But I'm always keeping an eye on the beautiful work you guys are doing!
    GR
    Best Regards,
    Ghostrider
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Have anyone the FLAK package by Wingnut?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    Chuckle Memory lane - I started this thread in 2008! Glad it's still useful. Just peeking in here. I've been itching to do do some flying again - been a while. But I'm always keeping an eye on the beautiful work you guys are doing!
    GR
    Hey Ghostrider, Markus and others that may be interested. An oldie, but not too moldy, bookmark I had from IE, which hasn't seen much use lately.

http://www.shockwaveproductions.com/cfs/

Cheerz

Could be the ships DP

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    Hey guys,

My recent installations of CFS2 are looking really good - I think they're better than they've ever been, with one problem - my flak seems to be gone.

I'm working on a Leyte Gulf mission depicting the attacks on the Japanese battle line - when Musashi was sunk. I've got a couple of BBs, CAs, and several DDs in formation - I get all sorts of small arms tracers coming up, but no black puffs. I am also trying to find an add-on I remember from years ago that increased the duration of the flak effect. I have "Blades realistic effects" installed, and it sounded like that was included in that pack, but no joy. I'm envisioning a sky filled with bursting flak, but all I'm getting is tracers.

Could it be the ships I'm using? I thought I had at least one stock CA that would provide some flak, but I'm not sure. Do some of the add-on ships not posess heavy AA?

Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Ghostrider

Hi Ghostrider
    It could be the ships.
    A few weeks ago, I was wondering where the large flak bursts went?
    I you are using my ships, they may have this problem.
    Unfortunately I cannot test them as my CFS2 rig is having surgery and I have not tried DPED with the
    windows 7 laptop I am using now.
    The problem seems to be having larger guns with the trigger set to '1 gun'. Flak explosions return if the trigger is set to 4????
    If you have DPED you can check it out.
    Cheers
    Stuart277