Tubliner rolling

Thread: Tubliner rolling

Charter Member 2015

Tubliner rolling

I have a couple of aircraft, tubliners, that roll without applying any throttle. Is there some where in their aircraft.cfg file I can do some adjustments to stop this?

Anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks

David

Snave
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepere View Post
    I have a couple of aircraft, tubliners, that roll without applying any throttle. Is there some where in their aircraft.cfg file I can do some adjustments to stop this?

Anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks

David
    Load more fuel and/or pax, or use the parking brakes?

Many of the modern iteration of `tubeliners` have a large amount of static thrust even at ground idle due to the high-bypass nature of the turbofan engines creating considerable residual thrust even with the engines just ticking over.

FSX has never modelled coefficients of friction too well, and any modification to .cfg settings will also have ramifications in other stages of flight, so either make the aircraft heavier, or use the brakes and parking brakes more.

Charter Member 2015
    Thank You. I already use the brakes. I was hoping for a fix.....

Thanks

David

No longer active
    A fix for which tubeliners? Even a heavy 767 accelerates on it's own and you need to use the brakes very carefully as not to overheat them.
    Boeing recommends to let the plane accelerate to 30kts before reducing the speed to 10kts and then let it accelerate to 30kts again to avoid overheating the brakes,

It might be worth increasing "toe_brakes_scale" in the aircraft.cfg to make the brakes stronger.

Maybe try this?

<center>FSX - FSX Panels </center> <center>FSX Panel--Park Brake Fix Gauge
    </center> <center> [ Download | View ] </center>
    Name: brakefx2.zip Size: 64,511 Date: 06-19-2008 Downloads: 878
    FSX Panel--Park Brake Fix Gauge v2. An XML coded gauge that installs anywhere on any panel in FSX. It will stop the aircraft rolling at all power settings to allow engine runups. Version 2 is more stable when active and will allow normal acceleration when released. Also freeze functions will only activate below 1 knot GS so park brake can be used for emergencies in the normal way. By Dav

All of the Boeings that I have flown will move at idle power on level terrain at anything like a reasonable weight. Usually I try not to use above idle power if possible to get moving. Have to sometimes though.

Cheers: T