Tropical Storm Alex

Thread: Tropical Storm Alex

redriver6

Tropical Storm Alex

1st named storm of the 2010 Atlantic basin TS season....these tracks change sometimes but it looks like its going to cross the Yucatan and turn back into Mexico...possibly as a hurricane..

I sure wish some of that rain would make it to southeast TN. Things are getting kinda dry here.........

NC

redriver6
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    I sure wish some of that rain would make it to southeast TN. Things are getting kinda dry here.........

NC

yep...same here in NW LA.

tropical cyclone sitrep.....

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post

NC
    Rain is desperately needed in central Virginia as well.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Be careful what you wish for .........
    Joe Watson
    Lake Placid, Florida

Blog Entries
    I wish news organizations would publish things like below. It i almost like they are hoping it will turn toward the oil spill. Give them more sensationalism.

NEW ORLEANS (AP) — A tropical storm slamming into parts of Mexico isn't taking aim at the massive Gulf oil spill — for now — though any system can quickly change course and send cleanup efforts grinding to a halt.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

redriver6
    Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    I wish news organizations would publish things like below. It i almost like they are hoping it will turn toward the oil spill. Give them more sensationalism.

NEW ORLEANS (AP) — A tropical storm slamming into parts of Mexico isn't taking aim at the massive Gulf oil spill — for now — though any system can quickly change course and send cleanup efforts grinding to a halt.
    yeah....and they don't get to send reporters down to stand around knee deep in the storm surge with inside out umberellas...

JoeW
    Be careful what you wish for .........
    i was just agreeing that it is hot and dry where i'm at....i certainly don't wish for any rain from a tropical storm because that would mean it would have to come ashore on somebody's coast and Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida have had enough of that in the last few years...

Quote Originally Posted by redriver6 View Post
    yeah....and they don't get to send reporters down to stand around knee deep in the storm surge with inside out umberellas...

i was just agreeing that it is hot and dry where i'm at....i certainly don't wish for any rain from a tropical storm because that would mean it would have to come ashore on somebody's coast and Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida have had enough of that in the last few years...
    What prompted that was we went thru 3 hurricanes about 4 or 5 years ago ................ IN ONE MONTH!
    Joe Watson
    Lake Placid, Florida

redriver6
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeW View Post
    What prompted that was we went thru 3 hurricanes about 4 or 5 years ago ................ IN ONE MONTH!
    living in a state that was impacted by Katrina, Rita, Gustav and Ike...I understand.

redriver6
    the track has been adjusted northward somewhat....

redriver6
    Alex is now a cat1 hurricane...it will probably intensify a little more before it hits Mexico...but its a really good thing it won't spend much more time over water....because its huge..

Blog Entries
    Up, up go the veggie prices.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset