FDE Updates for Fiesler Fi-167
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FDE Updates for Fiesler Fi-167

FDE Updates for Fiesler Fi-167

Hopefully the admins will sticky this one and we can keep all the FDE updates separate from everything else. Thanks!:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Done!

:salute:

Cees

Just saw this @ Flightsim ...

FS2004 Fieseler Fi-167 Modifications

[ Download | View ]

Name: fieselerfix.zip Size: 110,148 Date: 06-04-2010
    FS2004 Fieseler Fi-167 Modifications. Original by Kazunori Ito (FI167_TJAQ.ZIP). Changes to the aircraft and air cfg files mainly with minor changes to the panel cfg file also. By Ricardo Jones.

Mike

Blog Entries
    Thanks to Falcon and Cees.

This is the results of my last contact point adjustments.

point.0= 1, -16.235, 0.000, -3.435, 1575, 0, 0.531, 30.000, 0.387, 2.501, 0.635, 5.000, 5.000, 0
    point.1= 1, 8.500, -6.000, -9.435, 1575, 1, 0.531, 0.000, 0.643, 2.499, 0.570, 0.000, 0.000, 2
    point.2= 1, 8.500, 6.000, -9.435, 1575, 2, 0.531, 0.000, 0.643, 2.499, 0.570, 0.000, 0.000, 3

The first screenshot shows how the model sits. The second and third shots show where the contact points are in relation to the visual model.
    The H-295 .air file gives a better representation of the aircraft's low speed capabilities but top speed is too high (perhaps due to the turbine setup).

Having worked with the contacts and flight dynamics of a number of Ito'san's aircraft, the virtual and visual airplanes can be in very different places! A program such as the dear departed Aircraft Container Manager and also Airwrench can be very helpful in getting one of these on the right road.

Interesting plane, sort of a stringbag Stuka combo. Martlets would have had fun with those! Fixed gear planes have very bad ditching properties!

Cheers: T

fliger747
    Having worked with the contacts and flight dynamics of a number of Ito'san's aircraft, the virtual and visual airplanes can be in very different places! A program such as the dear departed Aircraft Container Manager and also Airwrench can be very helpful in getting one of these on the right road.

Interesting plane, sort of a stringbag Stuka combo. Martlets would have had fun with those! Fixed gear planes have very bad ditching properties!
    I think it had explosive bolts so the entire srut/wheel assemblys could jettisoned for ditching.
    T Square

The Load Toad

WEAPONS
    LOADER CREED
    We, the unwilling
    Led by the unknowing,
    Are doing the impossible,
    For the ungrateful.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fliger747 View Post
    Having worked with the contacts and flight dynamics of a number of Ito'san's aircraft, the virtual and visual airplanes can be in very different places!
    Yes, true in this case also, although this one seems fairly close. I have seen some others (not Ito's) where the contacts and visual seemed to be in different counties.

Ito's twin Mustang made a decent racer after modification, but I recall the virtual and visual planes being something like 10 feet off.

Wonder how sucessful a navalized Bf 109 would have been? Anybody read any on that project?

Glad that Ito'san and Tim Conrad are still producing their "unusual" planes.

Cheers: T

Quote Originally Posted by Flyboy208 View Post
    Just saw this @ Flightsim ...

FS2004 Fieseler Fi-167 Modifications

[ Download | View ]

Name: fieselerfix.zip Size: 110,148 Date: 06-04-2010
    FS2004 Fieseler Fi-167 Modifications. Original by Kazunori Ito (FI167_TJAQ.ZIP). Changes to the aircraft and air cfg files mainly with minor changes to the panel cfg file also. By Ricardo Jones.

Mike
    I don't know how correct that fix is, but I can fly the airplane now. Thanks
    JohnH_049

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Warbirds FS2004 Messerschmitt Me 109 T
    [ Download | View ]
    Name: me109t.zip Size: 3,953,165 Date: 12-28-2007 Downloads: 1,651
    FS2004 Messerschmitt Me 109 T fighter. The Messerschmitt Me 109T was the projected carrier version of the Me 109E model. By J.R. Lucariny.
    If you want to give it a flight

info on thr real bird here

http://www.adlertag.de/flugzeuge/bf109teng.htm

The Bf-109E-1 was used as the basis for a German naval fighter built by Fiesler, the "Bf-109T", with the "T" standing for "Traeger (Carrier)". The "Toni" was to be used on board the German aircraft carriers GRAF ZEPPELIN, which was launched but never completed for operations, and PETER STRASSER, which was never built.

The Bf-109T featured folding wings with longer span, arrester hook in front of the tailwheel, catapult attachment gear, spoilers on top of the wings, interconnected ailerons and flaps, and full-span leading-edge slats. Ten "Bf-109T-0" preproduction aircraft and 60 "Bf-109T-1" production aircraft were ordered from Fiesler, since Messerschmitt was too heavily committed to existing production orders to do the job themselves.
    Fiesler delivered the ten Bf-109T-0s. However, work on the carriers was abandoned and the 60 Bf-109Ts were completed in 1941 as land-based fighters designated the "Bf-109T-2", stripped of such carrier-specific gear as could be removed. They had twin MG-17 7.9 millimeter guns in the cowling and an MG-FF cannon under each wing, and were fitted with a centerline rack for bombs or drop tank. They had excellent short-field performance and were assigned to short-length fields in Norway, where they provided excellent service. In 1942, they were moved to the German island of Heligoland and remained in service until 1944.

Just tried out the flight fix by Ricardo Jones. It's very flyable and I think that except for an individual's preference of how it ought to fly is a good replacement. But I'm an individual and nitpicker so I'm going to pick on this a bit to make it a bit more responsive. I found it a little too sedate. If anyone else wants I'll post what I do and you can decide. I've found no vids of this aircraft but I think vids of Swordfish and the like are out there for reference.
    W10-64 Pro, 3GHz, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 5570

Quote Originally Posted by aeromed202 View Post
    Just tried out the flight fix by Ricardo Jones. It's very flyable and I think that except for an individual's preference of how it ought to fly is a good replacement. But I'm an individual and nitpicker so I'm going to pick on this a bit to make it a bit more responsive. I found it a little too sedate. If anyone else wants I'll post what I do and you can decide. I've found no vids of this aircraft but I think vids of Swordfish and the like are out there for reference.
    That would be great. the plane looks too good not to fly properly.:salute: never have been able to get my brain around modifying the flight model.
    JohnH_049

I'm about to unstick this one as it gets polluted with too many things not FDE. Only FDE posts please.

Cees

If no CFG edits here then they will go back to the first thread. Thanks Cees.
    W10-64 Pro, 3GHz, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 5570

A...ummm...proof of theory flight model? Download and remove the "txt" extension and try it out.

She's go a lot of flap, much of it leading edge, trailing, or flaperon. At extreme flap deployment, she will nose down at about thirty knots indicated. Use power and elevator to maintain desired angle of attack. Remember this is a heavy military attack aircraft, not a piper cub or a stearman. She'll make you work.

It's a bit of fantasy, not totally sorted out. I didn't know what the fuel load was, so I moved Mr. Ito's fuel tanks around. Two in the upper wings, one ahead of the cockpit, one beneath the cockpit floor. She'll lift off at about 40-50 knots without flaps, should offer a max indicated speed of around 175 knots at around 5000 feet. I haven't added any weights for a weapons loadout, so this is a recon ship. I might add those weights later....anybody know what the German torpedoes weighed?

I moved the flight model around to match Mr. Ito's 3d model. The wings, contact points, etc, match what you see. With that big prop spinning so far out front, some users may encounter some shaking along the pitch axis when on the ground. If so, add some value to the pitch MOI in the aircraft.cfg.

Remember, dropping full flap on descent, get your nose right down, and/or use power. Don't try a typical glidepath in that configuration, it's a power-on descent, it's a barn door.

No.

..It's a couple of barn doors nailed together.

Those interested please ensure that both of these files are used together. Tossing the air file or the .cfg in with another file may leave you with a can of worms....or not. These files have cut out to fit together.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by magoo View Post
    A...ummm...proof of theory flight model?
    Hello Magoo,
    That seems to be dialed in pretty well. It acts like an An-12 on short final, lands on a dime but watch that airspeed! I adjusted the pitch moi up a bit, just guessed, but it cured the bouncies. Top speed is as advertised. What you have come up with seems consistent with what I have read about the airplane. It's pretty amazing. Thank you.

John

P.S. If the real Fi-167 flew like this, Hermann should have hung onto it.

hmmm..ok. I'm not playing dumb here.

How do I remove the .txt from them?

Turn on "Show File Extensions" on in "Folder Options", then just rename to take the .txt off

WH
    With the wisdom of an owl, the courage of a eagle and the grace of a hawk,
    May you fly through the heavens and always land clear. — Unknown
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cool

With these settings, it doesn't like pushing back, it goes all of a tremble for about 1 minute, then throws itself on its back and buries itself in the tarmac. dead.

Quote Originally Posted by whitehawk_2009 View Post
    Turn on "Show File Extensions" on in "Folder Options", then just rename to take the .txt off

WH
    Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    With these settings, it doesn't like pushing back, it goes all of a tremble for about 1 minute, then throws itself on its back and buries itself in the tarmac. dead.
    It's not quite that bad for me. I have too firewall it to get down the runway before it beats itself to pieces. Someone stashed a good batch of high-bred mexican jumping beans in the plane somewhere!!!......

Thanks for the input fellows. I moved the empty weight CoG forward and up, let ACM redial the pitch/roll/yaw MOI's, and then twiddled around with almost everything else that was thrown out of wack by the first adjustment. Magic number for full flap descent seems to be 33-34 knots, elevators hard up, pitch controled with throttle. Any less airspeed, you get out-voted by gravity. You may wish to fiddle around with less than full fuel load, and see what numbers are generated, I haven't had time to get to that...

LoL...and it doesn't explode on pushback anymore.

Let's see how this version works.

Bump!

:salute:
    Cees

Members who have read this thread: 1