AS F-16C of Desert Storm Al Kharj AB

Thread: AS F-16C of Desert Storm Al Kharj AB

AS F-16C of Desert Storm Al Kharj AB

With the new AS F-16C flying it seems to me she needed a South Carolina ANG version and their airbase at Al Kharj, Saudi Arabia. Here is what I have so far. What a fun aircraft to fly.

Tom

MCDesigns
    Nice shots Tom! Where'd you get the scenery, looks good.

Scenery

Michael, the scenery is a work in progress. I have added everything from the library in FSX with many of the objects from your MCDMilitary Library. I just wish I could find a good static F-16 for the ramp.

The fuel depot and some other objects are still to come.

Tom

More Shots

The Al Kharj AB is taking shape. More support personel, an ammo dump, a fuel area and a new hospital. Now if I can find a good static F-16 to put on the ramp.

Tom

You could use Henry Tomkiewicz's F-16s along with flightplans and AFCADs, so the airplanes aren't entirely static. Also don't forget the mighty C-130. It was slightly before my time, but my unit was at Al Kharj along with a few others.

Thanks Railrunner130, I had completely forgotten about Henry's F-16s. I will make a bunch of AFCADS to give some life to Al Kharj. The C-130 will come to life as well. Appreciate the help. More pictures to come.

Tom

Railrunner, when did you join up at MAAM? Hope to see you up there for the Volunteers Meeting in March.... or before.
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

F-16s Have arrived at Al Kharj

Railrunner, the F-16s have arrived at Al Kharj along with the support Cargo aircraft. The airbase is taking shape. Not having been at Al Kharj during Desert Storm as you were I can only imagine what the base was like but this production gives us a place to fly our F-16s much as it was in 1991.

Tom

One more shot of the F-16s from the 157ths

Here is another view the the F-16s from the 157th at Al Kharj 1991

Tom

Gary,
    I was a member up there for a few years. I haven't updated my membership in a while- too darn busy. I want to, just need the time. BTW- It looks like ATC closed again. Oh well....

Tom,
    I personally never made it to Al Kharj until 2003, by which time it was really built up and called PSAB. We broke there for a few days. I went back about six months later when they closed it down. You wouldn't believe all the empty concrete...