The Netherlands in FSX: NL2000 project V. 4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Netherlands in FSX: NL2000 project V. 4

The Netherlands in FSX: NL2000 project V. 4

Hi all,

just a heads up for a wonderfull freeware package: The Netherlands in FSX: NL2000 project V. 4:

<table width="100%" bgcolor="#f1f1f4" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="5"><tbody><tr><td bgcolor="#f1f1f4">Release NL2000 version 4.0 </td> <td align="right" bgcolor="#f1f1f4"> May 28 2010 </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" bgcolor="#f1f1f4"> The Netherlands 2000 Scenery Design Team proudly announces the release of our scenery for FSX. The most important changes in the new version 4.0 are:

• More recent and realistic aerial imagery.
    • More realistic water by employing the FSX techniques. Try to make a flight over the Wadden islands.
    • Trees and forests placed with autogen to blend more realistic into the environment and perform better.
    • Most airports have been adapted to the possibilities of FSX and the airports of Rotterdam (EHRD) and Eindhoven (EHEH) have even been rebuilt from scratch with stunning results.
    • The military airports now also have a photo realistic ground layout and for some military airports we offer a choice between an active and a non-active version.
    • Many additional objects are in place to make your VFR flights more interesting, for example wind turbine parks and high voltage pylons. All these objects have been converted for optimal performance in FSX.
    • Modular installation: only install the parts you want to use.

Besides all those improvements, there are also some elements from version 3.0 that are not available in version 4.0 yet. The most important elements are the airports of Schiphol (EHAM), Gilze-Rijen (EHGR) and Woensdrecht (EHWO). We will release those as soon as they are ready.
    Click here for the download instructions if you want to try the new scenery directly. If you consider to donate to the NL2000 team, have a look at the donation page.
    Enjoy your flight! </td></tr></tbody></table>

Check it out, the distribution is through multiple torrent files. A bit slow at the moment, but that will increase when more people start downloading.

Best, Rob Cappers
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

Very Great!

torrent link????

The link is in the text above:
    Click here for the download instructions if you want to try the new scenery directly. If you consider to donate to the NL2000 team, have a look at the donation page.
    It's freeware, and the scenery is in available in modules. Each province and each airport is available as a seperate download. Ther scenery is completely photoreal, hence the large download sizes for each module.

Best, Rob
    No DC3 without the DC2

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Only 32 Gb! Just enough time to grab a cup of coffee before the download completes! :d

Looks great though and I like the seperate package set up. This way I think I can still use the Aerosoft Lelystad scenery with the NL2000v4. The choice of active or closed Soesterberg, Valkenburg and Twente is nice too.
    I got all the torrents ready and waiting in the queue!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Don't even have 32Gb free on my FS drive (mostly thanks to the UK VFR scenery). So while I'm sure it's a wonderful addon, I'll have to give it a miss.

Great, if they´d leave off that torrent-sh... I´d grap it, but not this way! Though it hurts to pass...
    Dont grow up! ... It´s a trap!

What's wrong with Torrent downloads..? They work great with large downloads as you can interrupt and continue those whenever you want. I lost my connection two times this afternoon but didn't have to start those downloads again.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Tweek View Post
    Don't even have 32Gb free on my FS drive (mostly thanks to the UK VFR scenery). So while I'm sure it's a wonderful addon, I'll have to give it a miss.
    You can download it in parts and install only those in which you are interested. There is a list of regions and airports on the download site.

From a technical point of view, torrent is a very good system and many game developers use it to distribute content (movies, patches etc)
    Mike

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    What's wrong with Torrent downloads..? They work great with large downloads as you can interrupt and continue those whenever you want. I lost my connection two times this afternoon but didn't have to start those downloads again.
    Way, way, way too slow for even broadband Ethernet Ferry.

Just one section of the scenery said five hours and so many minutes, download speed of 50-60 kbs/sec. Rapid Share and Bit Torrents give me the quivers too, all that time they're downloading, I wonder what thet're doing in your system.

Caz

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    Way, way, way too slow for even broadband Ethernet Ferry.
    These particular downloads are indeed slow at the moment, but I expect that to improve over the coming days when more people start to download. I have seen uTorrent reach speed close to my maximum speed of 1.9 Mb/s on other torrents in the past.

FYI, some of the files are now available from www.flightsim.com under their "latest files" menu - of course, with a speed limit of 30 kbps, that's also going to take a looooooong time ...
    regs,
    Ro
    :ernae:

Quote Originally Posted by grunau_baby View Post
    Great, if they´d leave off that torrent-sh... I´d grap it, but not this way! Though it hurts to pass...
    One of the greatest innovations in being able to grab files and you call it trash?? Strange

I have a fast connection, but whenever I use Torent I always seem to slow down to ... unbearable. It happened again today, but of course could be due to the current downloadsituation for these files.

Alex
    Dont grow up! ... It´s a trap!

SOH-CM-2024
    Quote Originally Posted by rohan View Post
    FYI, some of the files are now available from www.flightsim.com under their "latest files" menu - of course, with a speed limit of 30 kbps, that's also going to take a looooooong time ...
    regs,
    Ro
    :ernae:
    I am a paid member of Flight Sim, thanks, will get them there.

Caz

Quote Originally Posted by rohan View Post
    FYI, some of the files are now available from www.flightsim.com under their "latest files" menu
    Here is the direct link: flightsim.com

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

I wonder if you guys having slow torrent files are on Comcast? I remember when I tried to use Torrent to dl their last build for FS9, I could barely dl one file. It was like down loading through mud. Then it came out a few months later that Comcast was intentionally slowing down torrent files because they just assumed it was all pirated material. I don't know if they still do that, but I haven't tried to use torrent since.

Is there a way i can pay them a few euro's and get it in the post? Here at the southern tip of Africa we only get 10 gig a month to play with....
    Henk Hugo
    Shackleton Project

It's not that I think stupidity should be punishable by death. I just think we should take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem take care of itself.

Left my computer running during the night and it is done downloading!

Torrents work great as long as everyone keeps seeding. Will run this in the background while I can. Really looking forward to finding my home, work, windmills of Kinderdijk that are only a good mile away from here. The Zeeland peninsula, Rotterdam harbour. Too many things to look forward to! Thanks in advance!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Left my computer running during the night and it is done downloading!
    How did you manage that???
    Do you have all the photoreal stuff on your PC now?
    I'm downloading 3 parts now, and 1 still has 15 days to go.......

R.
    No DC3 without the DC2

I have a 16 mb/s line Rob; works great!

What's not working at all is the installer though! Copied it to the folder where all parts are stored, but nothing happens when I click it...

Charter Member 2015
    I have a 16 mb/s line Rob; works great!

What's not working at all is the installer though! Copied it to the folder where all parts are stored, but nothing happens when I click it...

Hmmm...try re-downloading the entire package! :d

I'm only on a 7mb line so it's going to take me a while. My monthly d/l limit is 30GB....but I'm lucky in that I've loads of free HDD space.

PS. What's the best Torrent program?
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Apparently Panda AV was blocking the installer; turned it off and now it is installing fine!

Thanks for the tip & link, Rob ! ( how are you,matey ?... )

I'm with grunau on this 'torrent' thing but it might be because i don't understand it. All i know is that it has very much to do with the dark side of cyberspace. Too many times i've seen our stuff (Maam-Sim) accompanied by this word in the net, depriving our museum from the very much needed reveneus.

I don't understand why the NL2000 team decided to use this cumbersome way to make their (HUGE !) masterpiece available instead of on DVD. I would've gladly payed 10 or 20 Euro to pay for the cost. Might be great for one or two big files but for 133 files !!??.....

( it's like Rembrand would've cut up his Nightwatch masterpiece into 133 pieces to fit inside a briefcase...

I have a very fast internet connection, i managed to download the whole kit'n caboodle during the day and evening only to find that the installer installed all the small airport files alright but only 3 of the big provincie files, DR,FL, and UT. All others return this :

Attachment 9146

Now trying to redownload the others seperately and see if they will install seperately.
    Looking at this torrent thingy doing its work since yesterday and also by Erik's remark 'to keep on seeding' i think i finally begin to understand it..... ( didn't know what 'seeding' was, didn't know why it would also display how much 'it was uploading' , didn't know what 'peers' ment, etc.. ) I had this huge listing of everything it was downloading/uploading ( apparently...) but i closed down all these torrent things which showed a green progress line..... I think i understand now this was not a good thing to do....

I suppose i should've looked for some sort of manual of how exactly this torrent thing works but didn't feel like it because i've always hated that word. It might be the greatest invention since sliced bread but we all know how human kind can turn a great invention into something ugly...

I've got all the 30plus Gigs of NL200v4 on my HD, this torrent thingy indeed checks the content of the province files that won't install and i'm trying to redownload. All these files show about the correct size on my HD but the redownload starts at only half of the file size..... Maybe i'll understand why that is tomorrow.....

I love freeware, provide as much of it myself, but in the case of NL2000v4 i would've LOVED it if they had made it commercial and i just could've ordered it on DVD !

Now whej did i leaffs thizz Whhizzky bottlezz.. hipss.. :mix-smi:

Chjeerrzz
    jaan