At Last! DC-3 native on the way!
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: At Last! DC-3 native on the way!

Snave

At Last! DC-3 native on the way!

http://www.justflight.com/newsDetail.asp?newsID=1586

High time somebody actually released a FSX-native DC-3 to build on the default. Doesn't seem like MAAM-Sim have any chance of delivering theirs in the 75th Anniversary year, and A2A are backed-up with other projects.

I wonder if they're using the default model.

Quote Originally Posted by Skittles View Post
    I wonder if they're using the default model.
    The model is done for justflight by Aeroplane Heaven, so I think it is a complete new model.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by Snave View Post
    Doesn't seem like MAAM-Sim have any chance of delivering theirs in the 75th Anniversary year
    you know, maam has made some really great models, (actually not just the models but the entire package) in the past. but usually when someone from maam posts as to why this thing or that thing isn't done, or seems to be taking forever, they always deliver the same answer. i don't even bother caring anymore.

http://www.justflight.com/newsDetail.asp?newsID=1586

High time somebody actually released a FSX-native DC-3 to build on the default. Doesn't seem like MAAM-Sim have any chance of delivering theirs in the 75th Anniversary year, and A2A are backed-up with other projects.

It's high time sure, but on the default model ??!! C'mon,we could do better than that.

I think that if MAAM could deliver the same pioneer work today as they did years ago, it could be a blast.

cheers,
    Mark

Snave
    Quote Originally Posted by roger-wilco-66 View Post
    It's high time sure, but on the default model ??!! C'mon,we could do better than that.

I think that if MAAM could deliver the same pioneer work today as they did years ago, it could be a blast.

cheers,
    Mark
    Build on the default = build on the customer base excited by the default DC-3, not physically. Aeroplane Heaven are one of the few developers with a good chance of pulling this off. if we assume )as we do) that the MAAM-Sim is vapourware.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Another DC-3...another A320...

*Sigh*
    C'mon Bjoern, there's not even one payware-quality DC3 that's native FSX. It's a little early to use "another", isn't it? You make it sound like the skies are lousy with 'em.

I'm a little confused, didn't FSX come with a DC-3 as default? So isn't that a native FSX model?
    USMC Retired SEMPER FI:USA-flag:

How about the Turbo Prop Version thrown in for Good luck!!!

-- 3000 hours Flying the Finger ----

Charter Member 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Another DC-3...another A320...

*Sigh*

Me Too *Sigh* - Why not a DC4/6 *Sigh*

David

Quote Originally Posted by Pepere View Post
    Me Too *Sigh* - Why not a DC4/6 *Sigh*

David
    Check out CalClassics for FSX DC-4, DC-6, DC-7, Constellations, and Convairs.
    http://www.calclassic.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Reddog View Post
    I'm a little confused, didn't FSX come with a DC-3 as default? So isn't that a native FSX model?
    FSX does come with a DC-3, but it has problems, shape errors, flight model issues, and the port engine's prop turns the wrong way. It simply falls short of the mark.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Charter Member 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    Check out CalClassics for FSX DC-4, DC-6, DC-7, Constellations, and Convairs.
    Not like A2A's planes!

David

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim_Horton View Post
    How about the Turbo Prop Version thrown in for Good luck!!!
    Anyone in payware who tosses in the BT-67 will have me at the door with credit card waiting.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Quote Originally Posted by cheezyflier View Post
    .... i don't even bother caring anymore.
    That's your prerogative, Ace. We still do though.

Please do remember that Maam-Sim is not your average commercial FS aircraft developer in need of the money to put food on table. We do our work purely out of love for the hobby in the first place. All revenues are going directly to the museum to help keeping the real Maam birds flying. We do have food on the table too but that comes from other sources.

I'm sure that once our first native, all singing and dancing, FSX model will be released you will start to care again. Don't bother to switch it on it will happen automatically.

The R4D/DC-3/C-47 model will be released as the first native FSX version of our FS9 branch of models. Not just as a native FSX version but rebuild from the ground up. If, by any chance, you have our FS9 version of the venerable Dakota i guess i don't have to tell you what you're going to get with our native FSX version.

Yes, it will take a while. But is this such a problem ?..... FSX will probabely be with us for a looooong time to come, best not shoot all arrows all at once, right ?..

Btw, we'd LOVE to do a DC-4/6/7 but it just so happens that we don't have any of these species sitting here on the Maam tarmac...

Cheers,
    Jan
    on behalf of Maam-Sim

.... if we assume )as we do) that the MAAM-Sim is vapourware.
    Who's 'we' ???....

Cheers,
    Jan

Quote Originally Posted by Reddog View Post
    Sure, there's a default version. If we were all satisfied with defaults though, there wouldn't even be an add-on plane market. I was just saying that before we go rolling our eyes about another DC-3, can we have just one that's top quality? It's not that much to ask.

OkeyDokey, time to leap in here again.

1) This is a set of brand, spanking new models built specifically for FSX.
    2) The list will include the AC47 Gunship, C47B Troop carrier, DC3 Dakota airliner and British version of the C47, as flown by the BBMF.
    3) This is the anniversary year for the C47 so, like the Battle of Britain issues, we are building to commemorate.
    4) The FSX default is not actually native FSX. It is based on the old FS9 which with the best will in the World is now getting a bit "tired".
    5) "another DC3" so let me see, we're only allowed to make one of everything is that it?
    6) Why on earth would anyone base anything on the "default" model? Who do you think we are?

I actually don't care much whether anyone wants this or not. I do and I know a few others who do too.

Jan, I hope you realise that this is not some obscure, sinister plot to combat MAAM. I have every respect for what you guys do, as you know and I will eagerly await the FSX version along with the the many hundreds of others who enjoyed the first issue, me included.

As to other subjects...you'll be surprised what we have in the toy cupboard...if you're good.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    As to other subjects...you'll be surprised what we have in the toy cupboard...if you're good.
    I don't suppose its contains a Curtiss C-46 Commando complete with paint kit, does it ? Coupled with Air Hauler down in South America, in all those liveries...wonderful.

Ken Stallings
    Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    That's your prerogative, Ace. We still do though.

Please do remember that Maam-Sim is not your average commercial FS aircraft developer in need of the money to put food on table. We do our work purely out of love for the hobby in the first place. All revenues are going directly to the museum to help keeping the real Maam birds flying. We do have food on the table too but that comes from other sources.

I'm sure that once our first native, all singing and dancing, FSX model will be released you will start to care again. Don't bother to switch it on it will happen automatically.

The R4D/DC-3/C-47 model will be released as the first native FSX version of our FS9 branch of models. Not just as a native FSX version but rebuild from the ground up. If, by any chance, you have our FS9 version of the venerable Dakota i guess i don't have to tell you what you're going to get with our native FSX version.

Yes, it will take a while. But is this such a problem ?..... FSX will probabely be with us for a looooong time to come, best not shoot all arrows all at once, right ?..

Btw, we'd LOVE to do a DC-4/6/7 but it just so happens that we don't have any of these species sitting here on the Maam tarmac...

Cheers,
    Jan
    on behalf of Maam-Sim
    For what it is worth, I remain convinced to this day that the MAAM DC-3 remains the single finest piece of donationware ever released in the history of the Flight Simulator series. If MAAM could release something as fine for FSX it would be a most welcome day.

I appreciate your tone of reply.

Cheers,

Ken

"I don't suppose its contains a Curtiss C-46 Commando complete with paint kit, does it ? Coupled with Air Hauler down in South America, in all those liveries...wonderful."

bugger...;>)

"I don't suppose its contains a Curtiss C-46 Commando complete with paint kit, does it ? Coupled with Air Hauler down in South America, in all those liveries...wonderful."
    Oh, and a Vickers Viking too, with all those wonderful colour schemes of the 1950's independant airlines

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    OkeyDokey, time to leap in here again.

1) This is a set of brand, spanking new models built specifically for FSX.
    2) The list will include the AC47 Gunship, C47B Troop carrier, DC3 Dakota airliner and British version of the C47, as flown by the BBMF.
    3) This is the anniversary year for the C47 so, like the Battle of Britain issues, we are building to commemorate.
    4) The FSX default is not actually native FSX. It is based on the old FS9 which with the best will in the World is now getting a bit "tired".
    5) "another DC3" so let me see, we're only allowed to make one of everything is that it?
    6) Why on earth would anyone base anything on the "default" model? Who do you think we are?

I actually don't care much whether anyone wants this or not. I do and I know a few others who do too.

Jan, I hope you realise that this is not some obscure, sinister plot to combat MAAM. I have every respect for what you guys do, as you know and I will eagerly await the FSX version along with the the many hundreds of others who enjoyed the first issue, me included.

Not to get off subject..................but...

Isn't your team also doing the Avanti II?
    If so, does that mean it is getting "close"? I have been wishing for a Native FSX Avanti since FSX was previewed. I check the Wilco site every day for release news. lol :ernae:
    Ark
    --------------------------
    Win7 64-bit
    Asus P6T Deluxe mobo
    Core i7 920 @ 4.0
    6GB G.Skill DDR3 1600
    Evga GTX 480 SC+
    SB X-FI Fatality
    640GB WD "Black"
    Dell 3007WFP-HC 30" LCD / Acer H233H 23" LCD

tigisfat
    Personally, I wouldn't care if they did use tweaked versions of the default stuff. Sure, it's got problems, but that doesn't matter unless it's unchanged, hence the words 'tweaked' and 'in work'. We know they aren't, so that's moot too.

Isn't it the end result that matters? I don't care what they do, what they use or how they go about it. Most of the time it's none of my business or concern. When I see some screenshots, prices and features then I'll begin to form an opinion. I for one think the prospect of having this in the future is exciting.

I'll be sure to recreate some 'levitow' moments once the AC-47 is up and rocking. :salute: