This just has such a "feel good" attitude about it.

Thread: This just has such a "feel good" attitude about it.

SOH-CM-2024

This just has such a "feel good" attitude about it.

[YOUTUBE]HDNOB6TnHSI[/YOUTUBE]

The dancers had fun and so did the bystanders. I've always thought that life should be like the old Elvis movies where occasionally everybody breaks out dancing. :d

I've never been a fan of choreographed "flash mobs". Sure, it might be fun for bystanders but it always comes across as somewhat pretentious to me and I don't like the fact that it excludes people. Excessive planning spoils the "flash" element of the mob, in my eyes anyway.

We organise quite a few every year in the fair old city of York, from pillow fights to silent discos and most recently a spontaneous pass the parcel for Christmas.

The latter was great fun with random people just suddenly joining in the second the music started playing.
    Swa se ðeodkyning þeawum lyfde

tigisfat
    There's only one problem: Noone should sing Steve Perry except for the great Steve Perry.

The rest was cool. I like the ones where everyone freezes the best.

Hmmm, sorry. Still can't beat one of the originals. It just seemed more spontaneous, new, and very sweet at the time...

<object height="385" width="640">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7EYAUazLI9k&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="640"></object>
    "No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often." - Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by tigisfat View Post
    No one should sing Steve Perry except for the great Steve Perry.
    true, imo. i've heard rumours that his voice is going, but i don't really know.

***on a side note, i once recieved an email response from neil shon. he's a really cool guy, and it made my day. i wish i saved it

Quote Originally Posted by Dain Arns View Post
    Hmmm, sorry. Still can't beat one of the originals. It just seemed more spontaneous, new, and very sweet at the time...

<object width="640" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7EYAUazLI9k&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></object>

This one was anything but spontaneous I'm afraid, it was choreographed a long time in advance with 200 professional dancers to be broadcast on television to promote a reality-type show.

MCDesigns
    Quote Originally Posted by cheezyflier View Post
    true, imo. i've heard rumours that his voice is going, but i don't really know.

***on a side note, i once recieved an email response from neil shon. he's a really cool guy, and it made my day. i wish i saved it
    I have heard the same about Steve, but he's had a full career and has a great legacy if true.

In have a pic somewhere with Neal Schon, one of his side projects was a band called Hardline in the early 90's and I knew the 2 brothers, Joey and Johnny that he played with and we met at a show, nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by MCDesigns View Post
    I have heard the same about Steve, but he's had a full career and has a great legacy if true.

i can remember a time when 2 journey songs and dim lights were sure fire 1st base tickets

Quote Originally Posted by Chris H View Post
    This one was anything but spontaneous I'm afraid, it was choreographed a long time in advance with 200 professional dancers to be broadcast on television to promote a reality-type show.

Give me a break, Chris.
    Very obviously it was choreographed.
    Said "it seemed more spontaneous" as in regards to a feeling, I am intelligent enough to realize that it literally was not spontaneous. :salute:
    "No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often." - Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Dain Arns View Post
    Give me a break, Chris.
    Very obviously it was choreographed.
    Said "it seemed more spontaneous" as in regards to a feeling, I am intelligent enough to realize that it literally was not spontaneous. :salute:
    No need to adopt that tone. I was simply pointing out that it was very well planned by professionals (something that doesn't fit in with the spirit of a flash mob for me) and was filmed for a TV show. That is all.

When there is a corporate sponsor involved in the flashmob, it just isn't the same.
    [YOUTUBE]faXpUBgQnd8[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE]RGy6txj8FQ0[/YOUTUBE]

It's performance art, regardless of sponsorship.

The key is that it must appear to be spontaneous....obviously that is not the case, but the dancers must randomly appear, and must fade back into the background immediately afterward to achieve the affect.

Having participated in a non-choreographed Flash Mob, I must admit it is kind of fun....

Of course you could do what they do in Philly now, and burn and pillage.....
    Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."

Quote Originally Posted by cheezyflier View Post
    i can remember a time when 2 journey songs and dim lights were sure fire 1st base tickets
    Oh Yeah!