F7F Tigercat SOH Project - Page 52
Page 52 of 63 FirstFirst ... 242444546474849505152535455565758596062 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1554

Thread: F7F Tigercat SOH Project

Quote Originally Posted by wbuchart View Post
    I have the same issue, Windows 7, FS9. I just now upgraded my FSUIPC to 3.99, no change. I had to rebuild my system a little while back and I keep thinking there is a config file somewhere that I had to add problematic files to so FS9 won't complain.....

For now I've just been ignoring the message end enjoying this marvelous bird...
    Do you mean FS registry repair? That exe file is available at Flight 1 (freeware).

Cheers,
    Maarten

Working on LaPatrona for the F7F-3, only got the rear to get in the blank metal some how and then I get get the noseart and should be done by next week.

Quote Originally Posted by wbuchart View Post
    I have the same issue, Windows 7, FS9. I just now upgraded my FSUIPC to 3.99, no change. I had to rebuild my system a little while back and I keep thinking there is a config file somewhere that I had to add problematic files to so FS9 won't complain.....

For now I've just been ignoring the message end enjoying this marvelous bird...
    Are you referring to this in the FS9.cfg?

[OldModules]
    fssound.dll=1
    FSNav.dll=1

That is all I have on mine so I do not think it is related.

Bill, did you not run an earlier version of this aircraft that had this gauge function, or the A-26 in FS9?

EDIT: As a last resort, you can always comment out the gauge in window00:
    gauge29=//A26_engine_start!engine_start, 2,2,2,2
    Last edited by Milton Shupe; October 5th, 2015 at 15:08.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by NathanT28 View Post
    Working on LaPatrona for the F7F-3, only got the rear to get in the blank metal some how and then I get get the noseart and should be done by next week.
    Web search may help with the nose art:

http://www.gaoclub.com/video/viewvid...reno-air-races

http://fineartamerica.com/featured/l...e-rowland.html

https://www.facebook.com/36168015389...885149/?type=3

http://www.lewisairlegends.com/aircraft/la-patrona

Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Maarten View Post
    F7F-3N Tigercat (ex-F7F-3E, ex-F7F-3) NX739AK of Tigercat N739AK LLC (ex-BuNo 80375) in the works. This (according to the FAA) F7F-3N did not have the big radar in the nose.

Cheers,
    Maarten
    Great Maarten I look forward to this one.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Wishing I had textures for this one so we could put this project to bed :-)

Tankerguy72 had planned to do them but I suspect he has been very busy. ******** has some base textures for it for those wishing to sling tanker paint but we'll have to await his return.
    That will also come with the paint kit.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

F7F Tigercat SOH Project

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Are you referring to this in the FS9.cfg?

[OldModules]
    fssound.dll=1
    FSNav.dll=1

That is all I have on mine so I do not think it is related.

Bill, did you not run an earlier version of this aircraft that had this gauge function, or the A-26 in FS9?

EDIT: As a last resort, you can always comment out the gauge in window00:
    gauge29=//A26_engine_start!engine_start, 2,2,2,2

Hi Milton!

I did actually rem out the gauge in the A-26 and a previous install of the F7F.

Wishing I had textures for this one so we could put this project to bed :-)

Tankerguy72 had planned to do them but I suspect he has been very busy. ******** has some base textures for it for those wishing to sling tanker paint but we'll have to await his return.
    That will also come with the paint kit.
    I'll have something for you in the next day or so. Maybe a clean version first then an old worn out girl

Quote Originally Posted by tankerguy72 View Post
    I'll have something for you in the next day or so. Maybe a clean version first then an old worn out girl
    Ahhh, TG, that would be great!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Great Maarten I look forward to this one.
    Rivetting the beast now. Will be a couple of days before JS-375 is available (plus a new set of eyes and glasses )

F7F-3N Tigercat NX379AK flying over Shupester County

All hand painted riveting and seaming done. Have wrapped it up for upload at the SOH Warbirds library, AvSim.com and FlightSim.com. Unfortunately encountering problems uploading at SOH. (I tried six times) Any suggestions welcome. In the meantime just uploaded at FlightSim.com

Cheers,
    Maarten

P.S. The same bird, but real world: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkD8zk8eHy4
    Last edited by Maarten -; October 7th, 2015 at 09:10.

Nice work, Maarten! I'll grab it as soon as it's up here. Thanks!

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    Nice work, Maarten! I'll grab it as soon as it's up here. Thanks!

BB686
    Thank you Blackbird! You're very welcome.

The repaint is available at FlightSim.com NOW. (Grumman_F7F-3N_NX379.zip)

Unfortunately despite many attempts the uploads at SOH and AvSim.com still didn't succeed. Hopefully some time before next week; I haven't a clue why the uploads to these sites won't succeed.

In the meantime I made a start with two other repaints.

Cheers,
    Maarten
    Last edited by Maarten -; October 8th, 2015 at 06:09.

Hi there,

Just to let you know, two more F7F-3P repaints are in the works. Both contemporary aircraft.

Cheers,
    Maarten

A little update. Putting some more detail into the Tanker textures they should be ready by this weekend and hopefully worth the wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarten View Post
    Hi there,

Just to let you know, two more F7F-3P repaints are in the works. Both contemporary aircraft.

Cheers,
    Maarten
    A little update. Putting some more detail into the Tanker textures they should be ready by this weekend and hopefully worth the wait.
    Thank you Gentlemen; I look forward to these textures.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

So my first flight after paint shop I decided to put the old girl to work on some fires. I planned to show you guys some nice shots, but well.... I flew the first fire and put it out with two drops. Flew back to base, reloaded and set out for a large fire. Lined up and final and made the drop and KABOOM there went number uno! Shut her down and headed back to base where I made a safe landing and jumped out. Im ok but the plane is a total loss. All that work for nothing.

So my first flight after paint shop I decided to put the old girl to work on some fires. I planned to show you guys some nice shots, but well.... I flew the first fire and put it out with two drops. Flew back to base, reloaded and set out for a large fire. Lined up and final and made the drop and KABOOM there went number uno! Shut her down and headed back to base where I made a safe landing and jumped out. Im ok but the plane is a total loss. All that work for nothing.

Glad you made it safely TG!

Cheers,
    Maarten

Finishing up the second paint so Milton will have a couple different textures to release with the tanker model.

TG, great job on these two paint schemes; they have lots of interest points and show some wear and tear; I like that a lot.

Thank you Sir
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

F7F Tigercat SOH Project tanker

Hallo friends,

wow, the new tankers are looking great !
    Which are the sceneies you used for the screenshots?
    can they be downloaded somewhere and can you really in fs9 stop a fire by water drop?
    that might be realy funny .
    Yours
    Papi

Thanks Milton! Owe it to you for these great models!

The scenery is ORBX Sedona with ORBX Global and ORBX Trees in FSX
    There is a new fire scenery that is payware for FSX, FSXse, and P3D where fires are placed and you can put them out by dropping water or retardant. The screenshots are from FSX as that is what I run now.

Yes... thanks so much for these; they look great!

I look forward to giving the finished product a try in FS9!

Alan

Well, the textures look great in FS9 TG :-) Thank you so much.

Did you do a casual pilot texture for these, or shall I copy from the old original tanker?

EDIT: I should be able to get the Tanker released next week sometime, maybe Thursday or Friday.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Couple questions

Well, I started to install the F7F package and found two things that have me scratching my head.

One is a gauge. When I load the plane a box pops that tells me that A26_engine_start.gau can not be loaded by FS9. I checked and found that the same thing happens when I load the A-26, which I haven't flown since I got my present confuter. I'm sure that this didn't happen with the A-26 on my previous confuter, on which I flew the A-26 many times. Does anyone know what's up with that? (The engines of both planes start without that gauge.)

The other is about the F7F exterior lights. There is a white nav light on the tail, but no red or green nav lights at the wing tips. The real F7F had those lights. Is anyone else doing the requisite fiddling to place those lights? If not, I'll try to do it and post the cgf file entries, but I'm having a very hectic time these days and I don't know when I'll get to it. So if someone else is already doing it I'll happily scratch it off my To Do list.