F7F Tigercat SOH Project - Page 41
Page 41 of 63 FirstFirst ... 31333435363738394041424344454647484951 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1554

Thread: F7F Tigercat SOH Project

I have lots of patience

{notification test}
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

bump again

Notification test

Received the notification :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

F7F-1 Revisit Time

It is time to revisit the Grumman F7F Series starting with the F7F-1.

If you have this aircraft, now is the time to speak up about things you would like to see fixed with the current WIP version.

I have started to revisit the exterior model for now cleaning up whatever I can find to improve on.

Once I get through this, I will revisit the VC.

Then I will remap the aircraft in a higher resolution.

Whenever I get this done, I will make it available for a native FSX conversion.

So, for those of you interested, now is the time to speak out. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

After spending considerable time inside as well as outside this plane, I was going to suggest the mapping, but you already covered that. In comparison to the attention to detail as found in your superb XP-47 and XP-72 cockpits... there lies an excellent path to follow. It will be interesting to see what you come up with for the VC. Just a thought..

Is this just for FSX??

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Hello Milton,

-Yes,a new detailled VC!

Thanks

Alain
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    After spending considerable time inside as well as outside this plane, I was going to suggest the mapping, but you already covered that. In comparison to the attention to detail as found in your superb XP-47 and XP-72 cockpits... there lies an excellent path to follow. It will be interesting to see what you come up with for the VC. Just a thought..

Is this just for FSX??

BB686
    Huh?? FS9 Native :-) FSX portover unless someone wants to convert it; that did not work the first go around.

Quote Originally Posted by alain0568 View Post
    Hello Milton,

-Yes,a new detailled VC!

Thanks

Alain
    -
    That is planned; thank you for speaking up guys.

I am working on this to stay busy while awaiting progress on other fronts so not sure how far we get or how long it will take.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Looking forward to this. one of my favorite to fly. As said I think mainly just the mapping and thats covered so we're good.

Any time I see or hear "FSX", I get kinda nervous....

I thought I saw Tankerguy stirring buckets of paint over in the paint shed... LOL!

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Huh?? FS9 Native :-) FSX portover unless someone wants to convert it; that did not work the first go around.

That is planned; thank you for speaking up guys.

I am working on this to stay busy while awaiting progress on other fronts so not sure how far we get or how long it will take.
    A Tigercat with a detailed VC? *drools*

Johan

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post

Johan
    Johan,

I will try to match the quality of work we did on the xp47J/H and xp72 series. Most of the VC will be replaced. the panel /gauges will not be 3D, just flat gauges on textures like we have now to allow flexibility of gauge swaps and placement.

The entire aircraft will be remapped for higher resolution, some exterior parts will be improved (already did the nacelles for better roundness).

The flight model is fine, FS9 slow start is fine, sounds may be fine?

There are some issues reported on the FSX side that I will try to address. Thanks WND for that input.

Anything else?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Milton,

I'm sure that whatever mods you make, they will be both highly anticipated and greatly appreciated!

For me, I'm just looking for a Repaint or two; perhaps a fictional plain WW II scheme, with the appropriate
    National Insignia, and a forward facing white arrow on the upper right wing?

-- Alan

I am happy with any Tigercat!
    But......if I could make a possible request I would like to have Historic Flight Foundation's F7F-3P "Bad Kitty". Maybe with the second seat...maybe?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 8037808548_4ee65cc938_z.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by ViperPilot2 View Post
    Milton,

I'm sure that whatever mods you make, they will be both highly anticipated and greatly appreciated!

For me, I'm just looking for a Repaint or two; perhaps a fictional plain WW II scheme, with the appropriate
    National Insignia, and a forward facing white arrow on the upper right wing?

-- Alan
    Noted Alan, but will have to leave the paint schemes to those who do the artistry. Maybe whoever shows up to do them will put out requests for ideas.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Noted Alan, but will have to leave the paint schemes to those who do the artistry. Maybe whoever shows up to do them will put out requests for ideas.
    No worries. Gotta let things progress naturally, of course!

Blog Entries
    I did a number of skins for this bird two years ago, based on the original FS9 version. I've been sitting on them wising for an FSX native model.

I'll be ready to do some high def art once the new model is released.

Many thanks Milton...this is one of the most beautiful big radials ever made.

Awesome.....!!!
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Would also like to have more hi res, reflective textures. Fictional WWII or contemporary/air show schemes like "Bad Kitty" and "Big Bossman" would be cool.

Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

SOH-CM-2024
    Greetings, all...

Milton, is there any way you could be persuaded to tweak the F7F-1 to make a model of the XF7F-1 prototype with the prop spinners? I just think it would be a neat addition...

That aside, the improvements you listed would be enough to make this already splendid creation into something even more extraordinary!

-Mike Z.

Quote Originally Posted by mikezola View Post
    Greetings, all...

Milton, is there any way you could be persuaded to tweak the F7F-1 to make a model of the XF7F-1 prototype with the prop spinners? I just think it would be a neat addition...

That aside, the improvements you listed would be enough to make this already splendid creation into something even more extraordinary!

-Mike Z.
    Sure, we can do the XF7F-1 version ... no problem Mike. :-)

Thanks for the suggestion.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries
    Great reading of an exception aircraft. Thank you for your dedication to this hobby Milton.
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by txnetcop View Post
    Great reading of an exception aircraft. Thank you for your dedication to this hobby Milton.
    Ted
    Ted, thank you for making my computer capable of all that it does. :-) Awesome performer!
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post

Johan
    An afterthought Johan, I would not mind at all if someone who does really quality VC's in FSX would want to take this to FSX native with a proper FSX VC and modeled gauges. I suspect all those guys are doing payware though. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Blog Entries
    Ted, thank you for making my computer capable of all that it does. :-) Awesome performer!

The pleasure was all mine!
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

ifin i news how,idda done did it by now.....