F7F Tigercat SOH Project - Page 62
Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 125254555657585960616263 LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 1554

Thread: F7F Tigercat SOH Project

Blog Entries

Here it is...

Quote Originally Posted by gaucho_59 View Post
    I will increase the size and crop the picture to fit the measurements.....
    no frontal view.... just like looking down towards the pilots feet... and
    keep the good resolution... See what you can do with it...
    Like.. you are flying looking forward... and with the push of an icon...
    you look toward your feet..

G.
    I've just sent it to you via email.

This might do it..

G.

Maybe something like this?

If it was a pop-up, all that need be visible around the viewfinder would be enough of the cockpit to show where the viewfinder is located, down on the floor.

Maybe something like one of these images:

F7F Tigercat SOH Project reco panel

Hallo friends
    @Gaucho,

Gaucho you are fantastic!
    yes this is it. I had a look on the bmp you sended me,
    it is what I wanted.
    Now I must include it into my panel.
    Mick, there are to possibilities to work with this panel,
    a) as a second panel that replaces the main panel as same as we have it on certain aircrafts where you can change the seat from the left seat to the right seat, or as I did for the F-3 two seater option from front to rear
    this option can include working gauges
    b) or as a new view that replaces the view to the main panel (as on the B-25 briefing time to have the sight from the glas nose)
    but than we wont have any gauge on this panel.
    this view can be activated by the front position of the coolie hut for example.
    As it is just the view forward I believe it would be the better solution.
    What do you think about?
    Gaucho, thank you again for your work and your "patience" (litararly in french, LOL)

yours
    Papi

Quote Originally Posted by michaelvader View Post
    ...there are two possibilities to work with this panel,

a) as a second panel that replaces the main panel ... as I did for the F-3 two seater option from front to rear...

b) or as a new view that replaces the view to the main panel ...[that] can be activated by the front position of the coolie hat...
    Hi Papi,

I like option B better. That way the pilot can quickly look down for a moment and look back up instantly. The process of going from one view to the other would be as quick and easy as moving a thumb on the coolie hat switch, just as in the real plane the pilot only had to lower and raise his head. It doesn't matter if there are no gauges in the viewfinder view, because we wouldn't be looking at any gauges when we look at the viewfinder.

F7F Tigercat SOH Project Reco panel

Hallo Mick,

I'm sure you would be the only one interested by this little add on - seen that my F-3 panel does not interest too much.
    Allright here is a beta.
    Please have a look on it.

Yours
    Papi

Hallo Mick,
    ... Please have a look on it.
    Yours
    Papi
    Hi Papi,
    Nice job!

My only suggestion is to have less of the cockpit visible around the the viewfinder mirror, so the mirror would be larger in the view.

There is one glitch that you might not be able to fix, as it might be the way FS behaves. When I move the hat switch I see the viewfinder, but unless I hold pressure on the switch I don't see the ground through the viewfinder - I just see part of the main panel. I only see the ground while I maintain pressure on the switch. When I release pressure the view doesn't go back to the normal straight ahead panel view - it keeps looking down at he viewfinder, but the viewfinder doesn't show the ground unless I put pressure on the switch again.

It will still be a good feature of this can't be fixed, but it will be even better if it can be fixed.

F7F Tigercat SOH Project reco panel

Hallo Mick,

I have the same problems as you encountered.
    So when I want to see via the mirror I hold pressio on it.
    Ans when I want to "come back" to the main view I just push the coolie hut to a side view very shortly and hopp
    I have again my cocpit view.
    As soon as I have time I will see if there can be done something via the fs9 views configutation.
    What cincerns the size I believ that Gaucho did the job very well. Dont forget that in reality it is just a little mirror!
    So what are the poportions of this Gauch juust found the good compromiss but I have a little idea of how with the same
    view it might be possible to see a largr part of the scene. I will try that next week end.
    Yours
    Papi

Hallo Mick,

I have the same problems as you encountered.
    So when I want to see via the mirror I hold pressio on it.
    Ans when I want to "come back" to the main view I just push the coolie hut to a side view very shortly and hopp
    I have again my cocpit view.
    As soon as I have time I will see if there can be done something via the fs9 views configutation.
    What cincerns the size I believ that Gaucho did the job very well. Dont forget that in reality it is just a little mirror!
    So what are the poportions of this Gauch juust found the good compromiss but I have a little idea of how with the same
    view it might be possible to see a largr part of the scene. I will try that next week end.
    Yours
    Papi
    Hi Papi,

I don't know much about panels, but I have a feeling that the way the view acts might have to do with how FS9 works, and it might not be avoidable. If that's the case, it would be OK. The way it works now might not be perfect, but it's still very good.

I cropped some of the surroundings from my own copy of the bitmap for the mirror view, to make the mirror bigger on the monitor screen. It's not a glitch, it's just a matter of personal taste.

I'm very happy with the panel as it is. If you can make it even better, that would be great, but as it is, it's very good indeed.

F7F Tigercat SOH Project 2d panel

Hallo Mick,
    please write me your suggestions about what could be done better with this panel, apart the mirrors size.
    For the views switching I will see if I can resolve the problem this week-end.
    I will mow finish the night fighter version with the radar equipment. For the radar I will use Eric marciano's payware radar.
    If there are any suggestions about to use a freeware radar please tell me.
    Yours
    Papi

Well.... I went to package up the three other airtanker textures I had done and realized they all got wiped out. The whole paint kit I had made with all the textures is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by tankerguy72 View Post
    Well.... I went to package up the three other airtanker textures I had done and realized they all got wiped out. The whole paint kit I had made with all the textures is gone.
    Total Bummer TG! Hope you can recover all of it!

Dave

No backups, no off line storage; no Dropbox; not a copy anywhere?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Nope. I was moving everything back to FSX from FSXsteam and I guess the files didnt copy and apparently I didnt add the pk to my pk folder. Should have gone through the checklist. lessons learned the hard way.

Hallo Mick,
    ... If there are any suggestions about to use a freeware radar please tell me.
    Yours
    Papi
    Hi Papi,

Sorry to be slow to reply. I didn't see your post until just now.

Don't put too much time or effort into the view switching. It isn't a real problem, and it might not be possible to change it.

I can think of no other improvements for your panels.

As for radar, go to FlightSim.com and on the search page select FS2004 All Files from the menu, and in the search box type "working radar." You will get three pages of hits. Most of them don't seem to offer much, but there are several aircraft and panels that feature working radar of various types. One of them might be right for the Tigercat.

Quote Originally Posted by tankerguy72 View Post
    Nope. I was moving everything back to FSX from FSXsteam and I guess the files didnt copy and apparently I didnt add the pk to my pk folder. Should have gone through the checklist. lessons learned the hard way.
    Been there, done that, didn't like it either.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Tankerguy72, you have my deepest sympathy!

I has something happen along those lines, but must worse, and it happened even though I took the proper precautions to prevent it.

I had entire FS installations, two of them, and every plane, skin and scenery, including the original zip files I downloaded, all backed up on an external drive, and I took pains to make sure my backups were always complete and up to date.

Who'd ever think that my internal hard drive and my external drive would fail at the same time? I can't imagine the odds of that, but it happened.

With expensive forensic data recovery, most of my stuff was recovered, but not intact. I had to start over with FS, and I was so disheartened that it took me a few years to get started on the task. Now it's several years later I'm nowhere near finished.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries

F7F-3P causes CTD

I'm getting a CTD with the F7F-3P on FS9 after about 3-4 minutes of flight. Not sure what is causing this, as I originally thought it was the A-26 eng start gauge. I commented that out in the panel cfg file and that got rid of the window that showed up at start up. My next suspicion is centering on my Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 setup. I don't let the machine automatically load any updates that come down the pike, it's got to notify me before I install them and I check here to determine if anyone has run into any issues that are caused by one of these. I haven't been apprised of any that have arrived lately. Am I missing something here?

Quote Originally Posted by SSI01 View Post
    I'm getting a CTD with the F7F-3P on FS9 after about 3-4 minutes of flight. Not sure what is causing this, as I originally thought it was the A-26 eng start gauge. I commented that out in the panel cfg file and that got rid of the window that showed up at start up. My next suspicion is centering on my Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 setup. I don't let the machine automatically load any updates that come down the pike, it's got to notify me before I install them and I check here to determine if anyone has run into any issues that are caused by one of these. I haven't been apprised of any that have arrived lately. Am I missing something here?
    Hmmm, I doubt its the start gauge as that has 1000's of hours of use on my system in FS9. In FSX, it would crash immediately.
    So, if you have commented that out and removed the gauge, and still having the issue, that should not be a problem.

Are you running the latest version of FSUIPC.dll in the Modules folder? 3.9.9.9?
    Is this happening on any other version of the F7F?

The main difference for the -3 models are the fuselage and the Drop Tank although the panel has the drop tank gauges included.

If you cannot get the F7F-1, -3S, or F7F-3N to fail, then it may be a model specific. Otherwise, look outside the model to see if other aircraft fail in similar circumstances, same flight area etc.

Historically, these issues in FS are caused by gauges, sounds, or scenery.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Hi, Milton, and thanks for the suggestions. Didn't want you to think I wasn't acting on them. RW has been involving me a lot the past few days with the holiday approaching, but in spare moments I'm running what checks I can.

Results so far - I'm running the 3.9.9.9 version of FSUIPC; I've been able to run the F7F-3P and F7F-3N-WIP versions of the aircraft (has natl insig. on upper right wing - I think this was released some time ago but also gave the same indication with the A-26 eng.start gauge), each of them quit at the time previously noted, after gauge comment out/removal; I ran "F7F Tigercat Bad Kitty," the original download with no updated panel, last night at same airport (Chino, CA) as the others. Was able to do an entire flight, from cold/dark start to El Toro for touch-and-gos, then back to Chino. About 2.5 hours, no problems.

As you suggested, I have visited each of the panel cfg folders, commented out the A-26 start gauge, plus placed the gauge itself into a "hold" file in the panel folder. Haven't had the chance to try a hop in a -1 yet but will get to is shortly I hope.

I will run the pns, s, and sns models of the F7F as time permits.

Quote Originally Posted by SSI01 View Post
    Hi, Milton, and thanks for the suggestions. Didn't want you to think I wasn't acting on them. RW has been involving me a lot the past few days with the holiday approaching, but in spare moments I'm running what checks I can.

Results so far - I'm running the 3.9.9.9 version of FSUIPC; I've been able to run the F7F-3P and F7F-3N-WIP versions of the aircraft (has natl insig. on upper right wing - I think this was released some time ago but also gave the same indication with the A-26 eng.start gauge), each of them quit at the time previously noted, after gauge comment out/removal; I ran "F7F Tigercat Bad Kitty," the original download with no updated panel, last night at same airport (Chino, CA) as the others. Was able to do an entire flight, from cold/dark start to El Toro for touch-and-gos, then back to Chino. About 2.5 hours, no problems.

As you suggested, I have visited each of the panel cfg folders, commented out the A-26 start gauge, plus placed the gauge itself into a "hold" file in the panel folder. Haven't had the chance to try a hop in a -1 yet but will get to is shortly I hope.

I will run the pns, s, and sns models of the F7F as time permits.
    I am a bit confused here.

I assume you are running the latest release from me without any panel folder changes, and using my released textures. I want to be clear that this is an unmolested, unmodified F7F set. Otherwise, I have no clue what might be happening with any mods you may have made from other peoples add-ons.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Yes, absolutely. These are the aircraft you just released without panel mods. I flew "Bad Kitty" as a comparison per your suggestion to see if other aircraft would not function in the vicinity of KCNO, but apparently they do. Only changes to the cfg files in your releases were caused by adding a few textures (skins only) to them but as far as the "mechanics" of the aircraft, nothing was modified.

Would you like me to delete the add-on textures and retry this?

Just took the bare metal -1 with natl insignia from KCNO to KDVT without a hitch.

NO, that's fine; now I know what we're working with, I can try this. Will try this flight myself.

EDIT: Made the flight fine, did a touch and go, and on return trip

EDIT2: Just landed at KCNO to complete the round trip in the F7F-2P 2-seater without incident although the winds kicked my butt inbound. :-)
    I used WEP on takeoff; and dropped the tank on the return trip as I did not need the fuel.
    I ran using all scalars at max settings, full throttle the whole trip (except landing of course), real weather, GPS going East, and just AP and heading hold on the west-bound trip. Flew at 17000 going and 16500 on return.
    Last edited by Milton Shupe; November 25th, 2015 at 17:13.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Been doing my own thing on this end. Have taken the F7F-3s 1 seat (plain blue), F7F-3P 2 seat (plain blue), and F7F-3s 1 seat non-spec plain blue birds up from KCNO, real weather, max performance climb, varied headings but held 2,500 - 3,000 FPM climbs, about 50" MAP, 2500 RPM, until reaching from 20,000 - 24,000', throttled back and set AP wings level, and used AP to hold altitude, waiting for sim to CTD. Never happened. First problem occurred with F7F-3P 2-seat non-spec plain blue, used same flight profile; sim CTD'd but long after it did before. I did not shut down FS9 completely between flights, and this may be skewing the results a little so will restart with the last-named bird as first subject and see if it goes normally.

One thing I did before going on these flights was to open the "F7F-1" and "F7F-3" folders side by side and note differences. I changed the "sound" in F7F-3 from "nigel" to "GJ," made appropriate entries in F7F-3 aircraft cfg, thought that may have helped a little.

I asked in a different thread but the question seemed to have been lost in the answer to a3 year old topic, so I searched this thread out to ask:

Is the VHF radio in the F7F-300 supposed to NOT work ?

Is there a fix for it other than replacing it ?
    "May fortune favor the foolish"
    MaddogK

Quote Originally Posted by MaddogK View Post
    I asked in a different thread but the question seemed to have been lost in the answer to a3 year old topic, so I searched this thread out to ask:

Is the VHF radio in the F7F-300 supposed to NOT work ?

Is there a fix for it other than replacing it ?
    MD, I do not fly these or any other of my projects once completed, except the F7F in the RTWR, but I fly the original one, not the ones released last Summer.

So, to be clear, which release and model specifically are you talking about so I can take a look see. I have like 4 different variants of the aircraft released over the years.

EDIT: A screenshot of that radio would help as well. Thanks
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here