F7F Tigercat SOH Project - Page 42
Page 42 of 63 FirstFirst ... 32343536373839404142434445464748495052 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1554

Thread: F7F Tigercat SOH Project

Just FYI, I am working continuously on the F7F-1, -3 (single seat), -3P (2-seater), and -3N now restructuring the gmax source, improving on the exterior models, the VC basics, the overall packaging and underlying folders and files. A good general cleanup and re-familiarization before I begin remapping the exterior. Much yet to be done but at least, I'm on it. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Charter Member 2012 nigel richards's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    Sure, we can do the XF7F-1 version ... no problem Mike. :-)

Thanks for the suggestion.
    Loving the addition of the X model - great idea! :-)
    Most men often say what they think!
    An honest man usually means what he says!
    A gentleman always says what he means!

"Αίεν Υψικρατείν "

A fool is not he who asks a simple question, but he who would simply have its asking denied. (Richards 2012)

Just FYI, I am working continuously on the F7F-1, -3 (single seat), -3P (2-seater), and -3N now restructuring the gmax source, improving on the exterior models, the VC basics, the overall packaging and underlying folders and files. A good general cleanup and re-familiarization before I begin remapping the exterior. Much yet to be done but at least, I'm on it. :-)
    Oh my! That looks yummie!!!

Johan

An afterthought Johan, I would not mind at all if someone who does really quality VC's in FSX would want to take this to FSX native with a proper FSX VC and modeled gauges. I suspect all those guys are doing payware though. :-)
    Milton, even though I'm an IT worker (having climbed the ladder to management), I'm graphically handicapped and know nothing about 3D modelling.

I'm strictly a server and network guy...

But nothing, and I do mean NOTHING will keep me from porting this baby to P3D!! The VC might not be functional, but knowing your work, it will look great!

But really, if somone of the payware crowd would convert your model, I would be more than happy to splash some cash on a Tigercat. And if you would make money out of it, that would just be an added bonus!

After all that you have given this community, you deserve a little extra! If only to take out Misses Shupe out to a nice restaurant.

Johan

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post
    Milton, even though I'm an IT worker (having climbed the ladder to management), I'm graphically handicapped and know nothing about 3D modelling.

I'm strictly a server and network guy...

But nothing, and I do mean NOTHING will keep me from porting this baby to P3D!! The VC might not be functional, but knowing your work, it will look great!

But really, if somone of the payware crowd would convert your model, I would be more than happy to splash some cash on a Tigercat. And if you would make money out of it, that would just be an added bonus!

After all that you have given this community, you deserve a little extra! If only to take out Misses Shupe out to a nice restaurant.

Johan
    LOL Johan, my wife and I go out plenty. :-) And, this Tigercat will never cost you money, or anyone else; it's a gift to the community as with all our projects.

We have similar backgrounds but at my advanced age, I have just done more I guess. :-) Started my career in IT as a programmer and progressed through Business Systems Development, then Technical Support, Telecommunications (voice and data networks) and 16 years in IT management, then left the large corporate job for some nice operations level servers, networking, applications, and peripheral support. Being a one-man band was a lot of fun when you have responsibility for it all, and know how to take care of business.

Retired now, I still enjoy managing the projects as long as I have an excellent team required to make our projects worthwhile.

Regarding P3D, it seems no FS9 aircraft VC's will work there as the old deprecated vars used for animations in the VC are no longer supported. Sadly, we are quickly becoming dinosaurs. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Okay, I have finally worked through all five models to get the exterior improvements done, and get all the cockpits functioning and looking the same.

Focus now will shift to re-mapping the exteriors.

All models have different fuselage shapes but the wings and engines are the same except for the 3N.

Hope to make good progress over this long weekend ... LOL before I get back to retirement on Tuesday. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Milton, thank you for your excellent work. Looking forward to the finished package.

... Sadly, we are quickly becoming dinosaurs. :-)
    That's OK, though. The adage "Just because something's old, doesn't mean you necessarily throw it away" fits quite well here.

The new Models look awesome, and the anticipation is growing!

Alan

Hiya Milton,

Could you post some pictures of the improved Vc for us to drool over??

Take care,

Johan

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post
    Hiya Milton,

Could you post some pictures of the improved Vc for us to drool over??

Take care,

Johan
    LOL Yes, in 4-6 weeks maybe ... but it will not be drool worthy, just updated.

PRB did such a nice job on the WIP panel and gauges, I may not change it. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Hi Milton,
    Even though I don't fly FS9 anymore,...it was always a joy to fly your aircraft. I was wondering though,...if you could a fly in the actual real world of aircraft,...which particular aircraft of yours would you be flying around in? And,...what would be an aircraft that you haven't developed would also be one you'd like to buzz around in?

Best Regards,
    -Brad K.
    ..."He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" -Jim Elliot

Quote Originally Posted by brad kaste View Post
    Hi Milton,
    Even though I don't fly FS9 anymore,...it was always a joy to fly your aircraft. I was wondering though,...if you could a fly in the actual real world of aircraft,...which particular aircraft of yours would you be flying around in? And,...what would be an aircraft that you haven't developed would also be one you'd like to buzz around in?

Best Regards,
    -Brad K.
    Interesting question Brad; made me think about what I would really like to fly in.

Hands down, it would be an Aero Commander; simple twin, high wing, piston, GA aircraft. And I would prefer the AC520 of all the rest for casual flying.

As a passenger, the best turboprop I ever flew in was the de Havilland Dash-7; quiet, low prop hum, comfortable, powerful, lots of handling finesse, a great experience overall.

I tend to like high wing, STOL aircraft, piston preference. Think de Havilland for most of them. I flew in a DHC-4 Caribou while in Vietnam and was very impressed with that aircraft.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

I have nothing useful to say, just will remind that Uncle Milton and His Team also did magnificent XA-38, which still offers plenty of fun while waiting for new Tigercat

I go away for four days on a holiday weekend(with no internet)and come back to see this!

Joel

Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Working on remapping the series starting with the F7F-1 followed by the -3 single seat, then the -3 2-seater, followed by the 3N.

Give me 2 days to wrap it up assuming jury duty does not interfere. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Okay boys and girls, after 2 days of interrupted work, this F7F-1 is showing progress on the hi-res mapping, but still another day or 2 to go on the exterior shell to wrap up exterior mapping.

The engine nacelles alone require several hours, more with thunderstorms and hail. :-)
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Can't wait! Thanks for your work Milton.

Okay boys and girls, after 2 days of interrupted work, this F7F-1 is showing progress on the hi-res mapping, but still another day or 2 to go on the exterior shell to wrap up exterior mapping.

The engine nacelles alone require several hours, more with thunderstorms and hail. :-)

Blog Entries
    Awesome news!!!

Hope it can port over to DX10 reasonably well - this will get some serious flying time ....

dl

Thanks; will do what we can to make it as workable as possible in FSX, all versions, and with P3D to v1.4.

I finished the major components mapping of the F7F-1 and will move to the smaller miscellaneous items now.

My plan is to remap all F7F exteriors before doing surgery on the cockpits.
    I will then put this out for texture artists to begin paints as I work on the VC.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Interesting question Brad; made me think about what I would really like to fly in.

Hands down, it would be an Aero Commander; simple twin, high wing, piston, GA aircraft. And I would prefer the AC520 of all the rest for casual flying.

As a passenger, the best turboprop I ever flew in was the de Havilland Dash-7; quiet, low prop hum, comfortable, powerful, lots of handling finesse, a great experience overall.

I tend to like high wing, STOL aircraft, piston preference. Think de Havilland for most of them. I flew in a DHC-4 Caribou while in Vietnam and was very impressed with that aircraft.
    Never been in a Aero Commander, but I agree with flying in a Dash 7. The old defunct Rio Airways flew them between Dallas and Texarkana in the early to mid 80s. We always joked about them being "flying road culverts" or "flying bananas" because of their distinctive yellow paint scheme, but they did ride nice.

Okay, back to Tigercats...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rio Dash 7.jpg  
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

That's actually a nice retro scheme. Is it available for Milton's Dash 7? To keep it on topic, I'll bet the paint scheme would look good on the Tigercat as well.

OK, one more hijack...

The International Launch Customer for the Dash 7 was Rocky Mountain Airways, which first flew Cessna 310's, then Aero Commanders.

RMA flew from Stapleton to Steamboat, Leadville, and Vail. The airport servicing Vail was the Avon STOLPort, which was unique in that its Approach Glide Slope was roughly 8 degrees!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled Thread...

Last edited by ViperPilot2; May 28th, 2015 at 19:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    That's actually a nice retro scheme. Is it available for Milton's Dash 7? To keep it on topic, I'll bet the paint scheme would look good on the Tigercat as well.
    Final Hijack.. I've never been able to find the Rio livery for Milton's Dash 7. Last time I thought about doing it myself, I couldn't find many pics of it to go by. Maybe one of these days if I can find the image and there isn't much on my plate. Right now with building a new FS9 install and getting ready to give FSX SE a whirl, plus the other couple dozen paints in various stages, I don't see me starting anything new for a few months.

In the pic that I posted, the yellow looks pretty faded out from what I remember of them.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

I have completed the remapping of the F7F-1 for what its worth.

I am going to make it available for folks to test texture applications. The mapping is completely different than the early WIP models.

Although I have done a lot of general cleanup and improvements, a lot of that is subtle and likely means little overall.

I have made a few changes to the VC but have come to the realization that without a panel artist and gauge programmer, without a dedicated texture artist, I cannot do much more.

So, I am going to put this out there for you to evaluate, texture and provide feedback input before I move on to remapping the other models.

I hope this gets a serious look and trial otherwise there is no need to proceed.

The package is fully functional. The only textures are the mapping templates as shown in these screen shots.

I will upload today.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here