FSD JETSTAR NO MORE? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FSD JETSTAR NO MORE?

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Thanks Expat.

For those wondering now about going to Max, let me give you a rude awakening.

Only Max 7 thru Max 9 and Max 2008 work with the FSX SDK.

Max / Autodesk no longer sell these Editions. Further, they only sell the year they are on, such as now, Max 2010. They also say that you cannot buy 'past' editions of Max. So getting Max 2008 or Max 9 from them presently is an impossibility. This is from them, via two agents I contacted concerning this.

The only way you can get the Max version you need is possibly through Ebay or some other place (Amazon?) where someone is selling their old package. Good luck getting it to work as Autodesk only sell it 'once' to one single person, so if its been activated already, you are out of luck. If its sealed in the box, never been used, you are good to go.

If you get the Student edition, bad news. It lasts a temporary amount of time and has watermarks on all renders and outputs. Basically worthless to a Dev.

So, if the world is changing to Max........ oops...

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Guys:

If FSD does not develop the Jetstar as they have in so many words suggested, I would be interested in exploring further development of the Jetstar with a new gauge and FD developer, and bringing it into FSX. BTW, I am the author of the artwork for that aircraft.

Best to all

Jim Goldman

As good as 3DS Max is for me the choice is easy. I model because it is a hobby that occasionally makes me a few $$$. It's not my livelihood. I can live with my limitations. If I had that much money to toss at a spare time occupation I would be getting my pilot's license! :d
    Regards,
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Skittles View Post
    No mate, I use Gmax lol - I'm not referring to the design program.

I mean that if they are saying the design program is obselete, it's more likely that the mesh is of a poor standard, and it would probably be easier to start again.
    Well, it would in any case be enough for a freeware release...

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    The person who was modeling the Jetstar left the team; hence his work-in-progress went with him...

...I don't know for certain, but I suspect that the artwork was done by another team member, so the rights to the artwork remain his/hers, and therefore cannot be used by JG now.

Understand that until a model is completed and turned over as a "finished product," the exclusive rights have not been transferred (unless of course the modeler was a salaried employee!)...
    Aww shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Goldman View Post
    Guys:

If FSD does not develop the Jetstar as they have in so many words suggested, I would be interested in exploring further development of the Jetstar with a new gauge and FD developer, and bringing it into FSX. BTW, I am the author of the artwork for that aircraft.
    Hi Jim! It's good to know that you also "own the artwork," as that will make it easier to complete, should circumstances allow.

Good to here from you again!

Shalom
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    Hi Jim! It's good to know that you also "own the artwork," as that will make it easier to complete, should circumstances allow.

Good to here from you again!

Shalom
    Hi Bill:

I am looking towards a brighter future, health and life circumstances are getting better everyday. All I can say is that we are blessed.

Hope you are doing well my friend.

Saludos

Jim

Someone take over to finish the Lockheed Jetstar

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Very disappointed to read this by Steve over at FSD's forums but not surprised as it has been stalled for so long the work has become dated.

Oddly, it still is listed in their work in progress page, but I think this is now a dead duck.

I am probably in a minority here but I would really like to see more quality, including payware, FSX business jets - particularly long rangers - but am also aware IP legal issues hamper getting, e.g., a G5 or Falcon 7x. Shame someone else doesn't have a go at a Jetstar - the original and most classic business jet of them all.

expat

Someone take over to finish the Lockheed Jetstar. Nice aircraft and if they can make one for FS9 even better. Come on people, we can do it. hehe

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Niceone98 View Post
    Someone take over to finish the Lockheed Jetstar. Nice aircraft and if they can make one for FS9 even better. Come on people, we can do it. hehe
    After over four years....? Not going to happen....
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Members who have read this thread: 2