FSD P-38 LIGHTNING

Thread: FSD P-38 LIGHTNING

FSD P-38 LIGHTNING

Hey everyone,
    I have spent a good portion of the day trying to get an answer on pricing from FSD, I'm interested in their P-38 pack for FSX. Could any of you that have had experience with FSD give me a Heads Up on if they put out a good product? or if I should shy away from them? There is a small discrepancy price wise from the Lightings order page and what the purchase price is at check out. If this is an excellent product I don't really mind the increase, but if it is not outstanding then....I'll stay away. any personal thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Ol' Jarhead

Jarhead, I have it - I like it. It's worth the price, at least.

Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by LCBORDEN View Post
    Hey everyone,
    I have spent a good portion of the day trying to get an answer on pricing from FSD, I'm interested in their P-38 pack for FSX. Could any of you that have had experience with FSD give me a Heads Up on if they put out a good product? or if I should shy away from them? There is a small discrepancy price wise from the Lightings order page and what the purchase price is at check out. If this is an excellent product I don't really mind the increase, but if it is not outstanding then....I'll stay away. any personal thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Ol' Jarhead

It's an outstanding product. I have both the FSD one and the Sky Unlimited one, and they are both great.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Great plane for the price nice skins available too.

Personally, I think it is the best P-38 around, worth the money too!

Attachment 5762Attachment 5763
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    Personally, I think it is the best P-38 around, worth the money too!

Attachment 5762Attachment 5763
    same as jankees! definitely worth the money.

Many Thanks

Hey folks, I really appreciate the information. I already knew it was probably an outstanding example of the P-38, I just didn't like two prices even though it is only a small difference. I have the skyunlimited version, but was looking for even more in cockpit immersion..(I like lots of knobs,buttons, toggles, etc.) I think since I have already seen excellent add-on textures I will probably go ahead and add this to my sim. I appreciate your feedback it is always good to see others like a product. Many thanks. Now all we need do is prompt Jankees, Bomber12th and all you other skinners to do even more excellent examples to add to this hangar.

Ol' Jarhead

Quote Originally Posted by LCBORDEN View Post
    Hey everyone,

Ol' Jarhead
    I have that pack it is really good textures are nice
    Jamie

I wish I could give you my FSD one. No no no ,its not bad, its a very well done plane except I just do not fly it. Imo it like the other P38s Ive flown.They are gulp,imo..... boring..... Just point it and it goes there. Its lands like a car and has one of the worst sightseeing views here is out of the pit unless you like staring at wings.
    I love the plane's design,history and it has a really high cool factor. It imo just does not translate to me into a enjoyable flier.
    Guess I am jaded flying the other nervous and tricky WW2 fighters.
    Ahhh hell what am I talking about. Get it and enjoy it warts and all. Most war machines were not pilot friendly or design with confort and sightseeing in mind.
    I do not fly 3/4 of my hanger much anyways. The 38 was my plane of the moment for maybe 2 days before I mothballed it.

raptor19
    The FSD P-38 is very nice and so is the Sky Unlimited one which has the F-5 PR version included. The earlier versions (E & F) without the stepped cowlings for the revised rad arrangement is not included in the package but has been done by Aeroplane Heaven/Just Flight but I don't know how much FSX compatible the AH version is. I have just ordered it to find out as I can always use it in FS9 if there are any problems in FSX Acceleration.

I do like the P-38 as you may well have guessed even though it is not my favourite WWII twin - that is the Mossie as not only was it a superb performer but my Dad worked on them as an airframe fitter (FB Mk VI's)in the war.

Skins?

Has anyone done skins for AH FS9 lightning? If so where can I get them? Thank you

Retired SOH Administrator
    Being since our buddy Henry has been away for a while, I would like to buy one of these for his Christmas gift....which ones you guys recommend.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Asus Rampage Extreme Motherboard /EVGA AR GeForce GTX 295 1792MB 896 Bit GDDR3 /Corsair 8gig XMS DDR3/Intel Core 2 Extreme QX 9770 Yorkfield OCed 4.2 LGA 775/136W Quad Core / Water Cooled/ 2 WD Raptor 150gig 10,000 rpm Drives in Raid O Mode/WD Raptor 150gig internal back up/400 gig External WD back up Drive/Thermaltake 1200 Watt PS/Sony Dual Layer DVD RD/RW/Plextor DVD/RW/ Thermaltake Kandalf Tower/ Sound Blasters X-FI Platinum / X52 Pro

FSD, definitely!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Holy Cow!!

I can't believe this thread popped back up....I don't even remember starting it...Now that my friends is a "SENIOR MOMENT" But back to topic...Hey Moe, I fly the FSD version quite often...resetting the cockpit pixels to a much higher count really makes the "pit" very readable and friendly...you kind of have to move the eyepoint around to find all the buttons and knobs you need to get airbourne (I like lots of knobs and levers) I really like that aspect. There are great textures with the purchase plus our excellent pixel pushers here at the out-house have added many additional excellent schemes. I think the FSD version has a slight edge on the Skyunlimited one, but only slightly... Good luck in your selection.

Ol'Jarhead

There is one feature in the FSD P38 you won’t see much elsewhere, the guns work in multiplayer and can be seen and heard by players with the aircraft in game, it’s cool to see the tracers whizzing by in a furball . <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
    The Rockets were rigged / animated to be able to contact external objects as part of the aircraft and can be used to trigger mission objects, one of these days i need to release exploding scenery, to date i have some bridges set up to blow as a proof of concept but never found the time to make a pacific island full of targets, i got a long to do list .<o></o>

There is an Aeroplane Heaven one too which I like better then the other 2(have all of them) but it is FS9 portover although still fine on the FPS

Roland

Roland , someone who has shown that degree of devotion to an Airframe type , and moreover supporting the hobby to such an extent deserves a thank You gift on behalf of myself and the dev fraternity, send me a PM and i can list your choices to see what might be missing in your collection.

Best CJ

I've had some major problems with FSD on planes I have brought in the past.The plane looks good but I don't know if I wanna deal with them from past problems.Maybe they have change and maybe they haven't, I don't wanna loose my money again to find out.I know from past experience if you format a lot, the next thing I found out is you are accused of using their products on many other computer....lol. I lost well over a hundred bucks with them. I know you guys think I piss money away, which I do, but I don't wanna buy a gift for Henry and he have to go through what I went through.A hundred bucks in this day and time is really nothing any more, but to me it's one thing to throw it away, it's another thing for it to be con or stolen from ya.I know from past threads I have read in here I have seen they have changed their staff and are starting to take better care of their customer. But once I been had......I look else where...Mike
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Asus Rampage Extreme Motherboard /EVGA AR GeForce GTX 295 1792MB 896 Bit GDDR3 /Corsair 8gig XMS DDR3/Intel Core 2 Extreme QX 9770 Yorkfield OCed 4.2 LGA 775/136W Quad Core / Water Cooled/ 2 WD Raptor 150gig 10,000 rpm Drives in Raid O Mode/WD Raptor 150gig internal back up/400 gig External WD back up Drive/Thermaltake 1200 Watt PS/Sony Dual Layer DVD RD/RW/Plextor DVD/RW/ Thermaltake Kandalf Tower/ Sound Blasters X-FI Platinum / X52 Pro

That’s something you accepted an apology for Moe , save the trouble and money , offer a P38 to Henry on our behalf if you like , i know he is fond of a fine Warbird and this is the season of Giving and generosity of spirit.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>

Chuck from what I have read about her I will go ahead and get it for Henry. Do you think I will have a problem paying for it and getting it to him under his personal email instead of mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck_Jodry-VJ PL View Post
    That’s something you accepted an apology for Moe , save the trouble and money , offer a P to Henry on our behalf if you like , i know he is fond of a fine War bird and this is the season of Giving and generosity of spirit.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>

Well Chuck, I sent them a email on how they want to handle it, because I saw a few planes I also want for myself. Let's see how they handle their end now...Mike