MaddogK's Rim-Job 2010

Thread: MaddogK's Rim-Job 2010

MaddogK's Rim-Job 2010

Figuring I'd better put up or shaddup I decided to get in the 'game'.

Flying the Alphasim F-86-F1 carrying 505 gallons of fuel I'm setting out for Timor-Leste to pick up a set of drop tanks and refuel, am flying real time and real weather. It's dark and foggy here at Darwin and figure my landing at Timor-Leste will be in same conditions but without lights. Should be interesting.

ypdn-wpdb

expected T.O. weight-14753 lbs.

<edit> It just started raining, how nice.
    "May fortune favor the foolish"
    MaddogK

SOH Staff

have a safe flight, MK.
    I thought you said you weren't going to use the F-86.

-------------------------

I've got to tell ya,
    your "title" gave me a chuckle.
    I refrained from going there,
    (well, sorta)
    but am damn proud of ya
    for going over the edge.
    sometimes the magic works.
    sometimes it doesn't.

Ya, I hate to embarrass the F-86 putting it up against all these 'pseudo' planes, but I committed to it when I entered, so I'll keep with the theme and run what I got.
    MaddogK

Posted in the rules thread by mistake- time 8:50am.

down safely at WPDB, 196 gallons of fuel left in tanks, 1 night landing. 309 gallons of fuel used.
    MaddogK

Newly fitted drop tanks and refueled I'm off to Haim Intl, 905 gallons of fuel onboard, a quart of fresh coffee and 4 piddle-paks. Expected T.O weight 17733 lbs in the dark, take-off SE and looping around to avoid the mountains. Sync'ing clock and rolling.

WPDB-WIIH
    MaddogK

MD if you update your Duenna to version 131 it will automatically calculate the fuel you burned in flight from baton grab to baton drop.

No need to manually figure out how much you burned.

http://johannesmueller.com/fs/web/du...131-update.EXE
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

I run 131 during the RTW, but 120 gives me a nicer map IMHO, AND it shows the airfile date, something I didn't see in 131. Wassamatta, don't trust me ?
    <edit> my bad, 131 does show airfile date and size (at least for my plane) in fs9.
    MaddogK

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerousdave26 View Post
    MD if you update your Duenna to version 131 it will automatically calculate the fuel you burned in flight from baton grab to baton drop.

No need to manually figure out how much you burned.
    For my fancy math project I need the empty weight of the a/c and noticed that your first Duenna didn't show it ( unlike some of the others). If you upgrade I could still use the Clean F-86 Empty wt please and the EW for the 'tanked' version if you stay with Rev. 120 as well. Tnx.

R

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by srgalahad View Post
    For my fancy math project I need the empty weight of the a/c and noticed that your first Duenna didn't show it ( unlike some of the others). If you upgrade I could still use the Clean F-86 Empty wt please and the EW for the 'tanked' version if you stay with Rev. 120 as well. Tnx.

R
    Ahh calculator no-workie ? In the landing section is the landing weight with the T.O. weight diff in parenthesis, but for the challenged I'll switch to 131 after this run.

:salute:
    MaddogK

down safely at WIIH (FS9), night landing #2, fuel used 776.3 gallons.
    NOTE: notice dropped tanks, sim didn't subtract tank weight from A/C when they dropped, Duenna wont either.
    MaddogK

Note to self- MAX attachments per post is 4,

Pic for above post showing NO drop tanks (dropped in flight).
    MaddogK

It was a simple, civil request which apparently took too much to grasp.

I asked for the EMPTY weight of the aircraft -not the zero-fuel weight (actually two since I would hope the "clean" and "dirty" a/c would be different.)

Certainly I can take the (unpaid) time to calculate this --OR -- you could just look it up on the first screen of the Fuel and Payload manager (which you did NOT post) and include it in your response. While I understand it`s easier for others to do the work, the calculated amount would cost you at least 350 pounds every leg that would hurt your efficiency as I did not have access to the weight of crew, gear, tanks, etc.

Regardless, all of the above is moot as your flight reports are not in compliance with the Rules of the event anyway. Huh?

When landing, post that you have landed at y and attach the two (2) Duenna files to the post. Also post the distance covered (NM) and amount of fuel used (by weight).

NOTE: The amount of fuel used... ...can be obtained in the Duenna text file. All fuel notations to be done by weight in pounds, not by gallon.
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...l=1#post394389

-------------------
    In the best interest of your ongoing cheerful and complete participation I can give you the name of a lawyer who can read.

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Sheesh, lighten up Francis. I already said I was going to use D131 instead of 120.
    :salute:

2054.8 lbs fuel used the first hop 379.6 nm travelled, 5183.6 lbs used the second hop for 1108.2 nm.
    MaddogK

I'll go ahead and make Singapore before the Tudors comes on. Will use duenna 131 from now on as well as online tracking. A/C empty weight is 11125 lbs, have half full drop tanks and full internals for 4277.9 lbs (705 gallons).Expected T.O. weight 16393 lbs.

WPDB - WSSS
    Haim Intl to Singapore
    MaddogK

down safely at WSSS, 488.1 nm traveled, 475.5 gallons left, 2376.1 lbs fuel used (I think because Duenna 131 shows 2 fuel weights in the text file). Singapore bonus claimed.

SrG, which one is it ?
    MaddogK

MD, it really does'nt matter how much you left with (unless you run out enroute!) or land with; just the amount used.

This section each leg and totaled as you go:

Landing:
    System Time UTC: 26/04/2010 04:08:10
    FS Time: 26/04/2010 10:00:38
    Aircraft gross weight: 13999.2 lbs (-2376.1 lbs)
    Fuel weight: 2329.2 lbs (-2376.1 lbs)
    Airport: WSSS 1.6nm
    Valid: VALIDATED
    -John-

Quote Originally Posted by jkcook28 View Post
    MD, it really does'nt matter how much you left with (unless you run out enroute!) or land with; just the amount used.

This section each leg and totaled as you go:

Landing:
    System Time UTC: 26/04/2010 04:08:10
    FS Time: 26/04/2010 10:00:38
    Aircraft gross weight: 13999.2 lbs (-2376.1 lbs)
    Fuel weight: 2329.2 lbs (-2376.1 lbs)
    Airport: WSSS 1.6nm
    Valid: VALIDATED
    Ya, Ya, I know, but I find it fun to bury the facts in mounds of bull****. Just be glad I'm not making up any stories of getting drunk and rolled by hookers while sitting in the pilots lounge between hops.
    MaddogK

My participation is withdrawn effective immediately.
    MaddogK

SOH Staff
    huh?
    that was strange.
    what just happened?
    sometimes the magic works.
    sometimes it doesn't.