Crash to desktop

Thread: Crash to desktop

Crash to desktop

Wasn't there a thread about fs9 models crashing to desktop due to lights? I searched but cannot find it. I think I have this issue with a convertion. Thanks

OK, so I found my notes on lights and c2d and made the changes. The aircraft flies in free flight with no isssues but does not like missions. Any ideas? Thank you in advance.

PJ, didn't we just do this topic with you a couple of weeks ago?...thought you had all the info needed for sorting this out. Anyhoo, like i mentioned before, if the CTD's only happen in QC and missions with your wingmen flying the same model, its the lightstates. If it happens in QC and missions even when you fly solo without wingies, then you have a deeper problem. The fact that your problem continues after you edited the mdl -- i presume with a hex editor or scasm -- suggests that maybe you left something unfinished in the editing. Beyond that, maybe we need more details on when your sim crashes. Does it happen (A) when you select the model from the list, or (B) as the mission is loading after selecting the model or (C) after the mission has loaded and you're sitting on the runway prior to takeoff or (D) at some point further into the mission as you're operating. Going further, are you certain that the problem is the model and not some format error in the mission itself? Using an alternate model with the same loadout in the same mission would clear that up.

If you're 100% certain that you've edited the conversion properly -- and the alternate CFS2 selection works out OK in the testing -- it could be an error in the dp format. Take the dp from the alternate, drop it into the conversion's folder and rename it as the conversion's dp. Don't try to edit anything like mountpoints and gunstations in it to fit the convert at this point, just use it as-is. If this works then you know that you've got some dp work ahead...

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"

BearCat,

some point further into the mission as you're operating

Quote Originally Posted by B757 View Post

I tried the hex edit for dict and found the section but the sequence for the g_kights was not found. Thanks for trying and I have bookmarked the Jaxons tips and tricks.

some point further into the mission as you're operating
    Ok that helps...sounds like it might be active crash_check in the mdl or something wrong with the dp. If it were the lightstates and your mission was setup to have wingies with you, the sim would CTD as the mission is loading -- you wouldn't get into the mission at all.

So, first try the DP test tip i mentioned above. If that fails to fix, go back to that the CTD thread you started a couple weeks ago and get the 411 again on dealing with crash checks in the mdl.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"