The New FSX *Gold Edition*

Thread: The New FSX *Gold Edition*

harleyman

The New FSX *Gold Edition*

Does anyone own this ??

I've been having some real FSX struggels since building my computer...It runs other games just beautiful......But FSX and FS9 are horrible to put it midly...

So i thought maybe it was my copy of FSX oe Acceleration.......(bad software)

So I went out the other night and all they had was the Gold Edition that includes Acceleration...

Heres the question..NOWHERE on it does it say that SP 1 & 2 are included on the disks........Does anyone know any info on this ????

Thanks in advance....And no...It didn't help...Another 50 bucks spent for nothing....Plus a new 300 dollar monitor as that was a suspect too.....

Those two purchases alone would have bought some nice addons...If only the Sim would work right....

Quote Originally Posted by harleyman View Post
    Heres the question..NOWHERE on it does it say that SP 1 & 2 are included on the disks........Does anyone know any info on this ????
    FSX Gold is FSX RTM + Acceleration in the same box. Acceleration includes SP1 & SP2. If you already have FSX & Acceleration you do not need and will not benefit from FSX Gold.
    Tom Constantine
    -------------------
    TOH Forums
    http://mainescenery.proboards.com/

Harley, you still having problems with that new rig? Are you OC'ing at all?
    I told ya to send that rig to me and i'd send ya mine.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

harleyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Butcherbird17 View Post
    Harley, you still having problems with that new rig? Are you OC'ing at all?
    I told ya to send that rig to me and i'd send ya mine.

Joe

:costumes::costumes: I'm about ready to send it somewhere......

Actualy the computer is fantastic in every aspect but running flight sims...

It plays other games just perfect and performs and looks beautiful....I think I discovered a HDD cache problem, and am hoping that the other HDD is having the same problem..

Nope...No overclock at all..I don't think it will ever need on unless just for fun....

harleyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Overshoe View Post
    FSX Gold is FSX RTM + Acceleration in the same box. Acceleration includes SP1 & SP2. If you already have FSX & Acceleration you do not need and will not benefit from FSX Gold.

Thanks.....I just perchased it as was suspecting or hoping I had a bad copy of FSX and Acceleration......

Just was unsure if it was the same Acceleration DVD as the stand alone one that includes the SP's...

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    At one point, I had 3 copies of FS Design Studio. I would see it somewhere and purchase it again, thinking maybe it had something new in the package, etc.

:ernae:

The zest and yearning to fly...

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write