We understand the goal to keep the race simple. We do try. But we also have to deal with questions which have been raised in past years, questions we think might be raised, and popular items.

There are many parts of the race, and when folks want to have the race simplified, we need to know what needs to be eliminated.

For example - we have developed Team Flights as mini-events within the race. Yes, it was my concept/ idea. The goal was to give teams an option where many people could fly 'for the record' on those evenings when we get so many people on-line wanting to fly a leg.

We cut back to only two rather than three this year. We also got very specific about the aircraft type to be used.

These are 'side shows' which really do not fit the fastest to the finish format. They are also quite complicated, and I'm surprised every year by the number of questions about how to fly them, how to record them, etc. Usually those questions do not come from newcomers, but from race veterans, which is kind of depressing.

Our feedback is overwhelming to keep the Team Flights. But also we receive multiple requests each year wanting to add more payware and freeware aircraft. Originally it was to use only default aircraft.

Do we keep Team Flights? If so, how many?

Do we require only default aircraft, or do we allow near equivalent payware and freeware aircraft?

What do we do about Classic FS2004 aircraft like the Vickers Vimy (my favorite), Curtiss Jenny, de Havilland Comet, Ford Tri-Motor, Lockheed Vega, Ryan NYP which are not available to FSX fliers? Yes those aircraft do work very well in FSX, but unless the pilot has FS2004, they cannot 'legally' obtain them.

We are seeing more and more FSX only pilots. This year each team had pilots who only flew in FSX, and I expect that to grow a little each year.