N3N Canary tweaks

Thread: N3N Canary tweaks

N3N Canary tweaks

I am working on A. F. Scrub's (I hope I got his last name right) N3N Canary. Based on images I have found of the N3N sitting on the water, taxiing and such...I am lowering the planes sitting height to bring the wing floats closer to the water and getting the center float to be more submerged. I have reworked the float locations and Static Height accordingly. Looks much better!

I have also redone the effects on the plane....I love the fx_bow43 spray effect that comes with Bill Lyon's PA-23 (I think...definitely one of Bill's planes).

I am trying to get the wake effect to show.....no go. Even on the plane in stock form, the wake effect was hit or miss...it would show for a bit, then quit, then show again for a few feet, then nothing. I will keep working on it until I get it figured out.

I have done some tweaking to the N3N sound pack that I uploaded...adding in a full and proper water sound via the use of the Ground Roll sections. Works like a charm. I will attach the new sound.cfg as an attachment (will upload the full sound pack once I find out something about the library system). To use the tweaked sound config file, download it to your computer, and rename it to remove the .txt from the and of the name (you may have to set your options so that the extension of known file types is not hidden).

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

DUH...forgot to ask....does anyone have any idea what would prevent the wake effect from showing on the N3N as it should?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]