D-Day scenery for fs2004?

Thread: D-Day scenery for fs2004?

D-Day scenery for fs2004?

At the weekend I purchased the MAAM Dakota C47 package and was wondering if there is any d-day scenery now or then, or any of the invasion mission even operation Market garden scenery would be a good thing to have, payware or freeware but would rather like it to be freeware, but I'm willing to pay, I have the american war grave cemetery scenery from MAAM but if there is anything else I would love to get it for the atmosphere and my plan to do one of the mission sorties and follow what the brave man of 1944 did, so that's it in a rather large nutshell.
    Thanks
    brad
    p.s Normandy scenery would be OK aswell

Quote Originally Posted by brad32gtr617 View Post
    p.s Normandy scenery would be OK aswell
    I'm going to stay quiet about my Atlantic Wall Project *Dives back into cover before MG42 picks me up*

Same site! I don't know of any scenery that depicts the Normandy region as it was then, but MAAM-SIM has a free scenery add-on that recreates the current memorial and cemetary at Normandy.

http://www.maam.org/flightsim/enhanc...ry_enhance.htm
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

anyone who has a map of D-Day fortification locations and bunkers at locations let me know... i could do with them instead of relying on google earth, 1 key point of interest is Pointe Du Hoc, so much coastal guns there... but very little on the bunker designs, see if we can get the community going on this and releas it you guessed it... June 5th/6th :ernae: (I'm a para so D-Day was the 5th )

I think this might be of use to you, get it at www.flightsim.com

FS2004 Omaha Beach Scenery

[ Download | View ]

Name: omahabch.zip Size: 2,102,364 Date: 06-10-2006 Downloads: 728
    FS2004 Omaha Beach Scenery, France. Intended for use with MAAMCMTY.ZIP.

Cheers! Mike

yeah i have both of those, was just wondering if any other scenery's apart from those two

pointe du hoc

i only live 1 hour from there and have photos of it now and then if anyone would like them

Quote Originally Posted by nigel allen View Post
    i only live 1 hour from there and have photos of it now and then if anyone would like them
    yeah that would be quite interesting, how will we do it? E-MAIL?

Thanks guys these will aid me in getting some basic bunkers made, then it's onto the 'hedgehogs' and AT Defenses

anyone suggest a good free france mesh while we're on the subject?

Quote Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
    anyone suggest a good free france mesh while we're on the subject?
    yeah that seems a good idea

i'm going to try the mesh : : fra1srtm.zip at Flightsim.com, will report back

well i did find this
    http://www.jg-laurent.com/en/
    and this
    http://www.flightsim.com/ (search for: frp2004.zip)
    but try this website for most scenery things, and it is updated regularly
    http://walhalla.mine.nu/fs2004.php

JG Laurent was the mesh i had ages ago i liked, thanks for the link... :ernae:

JG Laurent was the mesh i had ages ago i liked, thanks for the link... :ernae:
    thanks for giving the info for things!

this evening i'm starting work on mapping bunker positions in FS then i can get to the fun bit of creating them... june 6th is my Deadline

this evening i'm starting work on mapping bunker positions in FS then i can get to the fun bit of creating them... june 6th is my Deadline
    i'm not very good with scenery's but if you need any help just ask
    i have some pictures that i can send to you with permission of the chap i got them from

Don't forget all the searchlights and even fires.

Search by author "Shessi" in the Add-Ons Archive:

Fs9 and CFS2 Searchlights and City Fires
    searchlights-fires.zip

The Himmelbett Zone - Kammhuber Line for Fs2004
    Kammhuber_Line.zip
    Brent aka "dogknot"

Isn't Rhumbaflappy's mesh good the world over?
    W10-64 Pro, 3GHz, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 5570

Rhumba's mesh is the best yet, ys it covers everything. There are some good french meshes and other things from teh french FS community...

i will be very interested to see what you come up with, my father landed at Utah, he was a radar expert and had to sccale the cliffs to help be sure the radar installations were either destroyed or diverted....he wont talk about it at all but i would be very intesrested to see a good scenery.....
    Beached Admiral Naval Wargame Society 1978
    Admin
    3D Worlds and Game Developers Group Linkedin
    Tester of Ships: Sea Trials and Consults

yeah the cliffs were a tactical nightmare, but one the allied forces handled beautifully :salute: Omaha, Utah, Gold, Juno and Sword we're relatively straight forward compared to the tactical nightmare of a cliff, the normal beaches has bluffs, mainly where coastal villages lay.... Get off the Beach and you're thrown into a world of CQB in an instant... my beret goes off to all of those that fought in WW2, The Allied Forces for Securing a Decisive Victory during Operation Overlord, and to the Germans for bringing technology into the game, remember without Werner Von Braun the US Might Just have lost the Race to the moon... 'Bunker1'.... is what i'm working on currently... the style you see in 'Saving Private Ryan' and 'Medal of Honor'... luckily for me i got hold of a good mesh (http://www.jg-laurent.com/en/) and managed to locate the Beachead and the towns/villages involved, where bunkers are i just placed Silo's so i can see where they lie... just gotta sort the hedgehogs... unfortunately FS is always in a constant state of high tide... and i have no idea about landclasses to make it low tide... so i've got to make the hedgehogs and mine booms and semi-submerge them...

thanks very much for doing this.

I have seen pics that have quite a bit of water on the obstacles, i guess in one phase, so that should be ok re the water.... it was interesting to compare the British and Canadian use of Armour and some specialized items like the various whizbangs developed by the speical branch for the landing and the US use of brute force..ie massed men...as the floating tanks did not work very well.... well in the end it was successful, but it was indeed a tough time for those first waves...

thanks again for doing this.
    Beached Admiral Naval Wargame Society 1978
    Admin
    3D Worlds and Game Developers Group Linkedin
    Tester of Ships: Sea Trials and Consults