Creating models

Thread: Creating models

Creating models

I'm looking for a DUMMIES Manual to create models form FSD...

Cheers

Pepe

Quote Originally Posted by Collin View Post
    Pepe, is this FSDS 2?

Collin:ernae:
    Yep! and FSDS 3...

SOH-CM-2013
    Madison County, Iowa (3rd Corn Patch On The Left)

Several Pages That Are Helping Me

Here, Senor Peperez... try:

Daviator.com

http://www.daviator.com/index.php?op...d=47&Itemid=53

Abacus.pub

http://www.abacuspub.com/ds/tutorial/FSDSTutorial2.htm

Scenery.org

http://www.scenery.org/tutorials.htm

These 3 will get you started on the straight and narrow - your experience will carry you far beyond my meager efforts !

SC

"...And, When I died, They washed me out of the turret with a hose..."

Quote Originally Posted by peperez View Post
    Yep! and FSDS 3...
    OK, this will apply to both...

ORGANIZE YOURSELF

When you start a model of your own, create a new folder and name it, within the FSDS/Projects folder. Within this new folder you can have other folders to work with for the same model, for instance the "backdrop". Into this folder you can place the plan, profile and back view .bmp's that you will use for this model, also any other plans you might have for individual parts.
    Make sure all the plans are correctly aligned, (if you make a large model like a ship .05 degrees out will give you a banana shaped hull).
    After you have a few models made, you will see the advantage of having seperate folders for each as the program will place the model files all into the same place and when you go to save this can cause some confusion.

BMP textures will overwrite material textures.

Save the material textures you make into a folder called "mats" inside the main FSDS program folder. This folder can also be sub-divided (mine is by country plus one for 'general' stuff).

Attachment 2729

When you create a bmp for your model, you can make it as big as you like but keep it in multiples of 1024 X 1024 and remember to reduce it when you want to place it into FSDS and reduce the colours as well to 256.

Copy and Paste

You cannot copy a part make a new file and paste within FSDS. The way around this is to make a new file with a primitive part (ie a box) and save this within your models folder as 'spare.fsc'. Now you can copy the part, call up the spare.fsc and paste into it, delete the primitive part and save again as a new file. This will preserve the 'spare' file for other uses.

FSDS also inserts folders into your register, these have links between animations, backgrounds, bmp's, etc.
    So should you need to re-install you will have to delete these entries as well (the un-install doesn't) or these links will point to the old install and the new install will not work properly.

regards Collin:ernae:

I think i need to be more specific...

I have some FSDS sources that I intended to transform in CFS2 models. There's any manual for DUMMIES (for STUPID DUMMIES, dare I say)...

Cheers

Pepe

PS: I'm a airfileman, not a modeller...