Will we ever see a decent F-111 for FSX ? .
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will we ever see a decent F-111 for FSX ? .

Will we ever see a decent F-111 for FSX ? .

I do not know what happened to the Iris F-111 that was planned, but it would seem this fantastic strike jet is not going to be gracing our FSX skies anytime soon.

Who if anyone will produce a good native version of this aircraft ?

Cheers all.

Cool

I'm sure Smudge is still got it in the pipeline.

Ben
    SYSTEM: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit |PSU - CoolMaster 1000Watt Gold edition |MoBo - Asus Sabertooth X79 |CPU - Intel i7 3930K OC (4.6 GHz) |Display - ATI Gigabyte 7970 HD |3X4GB G.Skill |Controls - TM HOTAS WARTHOG (Serial No. 4523) Saitek Rudder Pedals |TrackIR 4 Pro

We have the F111 on our books for release this year. Being in service with the RAAF, why wouldn't we?

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    We have the F111 on our books for release this year. Being in service with the RAAF, why wouldn't we?
    Forgive my ignorance, but under what label, freeware, payware, Iris, Milviz.....? I was also very much looking forward to Iris' release but it seems to have lost steam. Would love to see the pig represented in all it splendor, lipstick and all.

Matt

Milviz sold Iris the F-111F. However, due to the fact that Iris has not yet paid for the Vulcan, we are now looking at rescinding this contract.

nuff said.

Colin, thanks for the brutal honesty in a trade where such a trait can be lacking at times. I didn't know the Vulcan was your model. I bought it and must say I love it, so thank you, of sorts for the fantastic work you and your team have done and continue to do with releases such as the B-52 and looking into the AS C-17. Admittedly, I checked out your website many months ago and was floored by what I saw, as far as many military models I have always wanted to see within the FSX environment.

Matt

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by krazycolin View Post
    Milviz sold Iris the F-111F. However, due to the fact that Iris has not yet paid for the Vulcan, we are now looking at rescinding this contract.

nuff said.
    I am confused here? As a Beta tester for Iris at that time, I distinctly remember the development of the Vulcan. Pam (Warchild) was heavely involved with the flight model. I can recall David making changes to the visual model and VC per beta testing recommendations?

I am not questioning your veracity. I am sure there is far more to developing airplanes for FSX than I am aware and, I am curious what you mean by "our" model?
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

John, perhaps a private message would be better for both parties involved. I would hate for bad blood to be brought into the open between two good companies, internal differences aside. Just my opinion.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, but under what label, freeware, payware, Iris, Milviz.....? I was also very much looking forward to Iris' release but it seems to have lost steam. Would love to see the pig represented in all it splendor, lipstick and all.

Matt
    That's OK. We are Aeroplane Heaven. Further details will follow in due course....

My sincerest apologies for not recognizing your name with Aeroplane Heaven, great stuff!

Matt

Our model=3d mesh model, no code, no FM/FDE and no gauges.

kc

tigisfat
    hmm.

No longer active

nuff said.
    Now THAT's some really interesting information!
    Looking forward to the response from IRIS.

Guys, i started this thread with only the desire to learn more about a future F-111 project.

What happens behind closed doors involving two different company's is not my concern, nor should it be anybody's else concern that are not directly related to the issue between the two.

A public forum is not the place to discuss such matters.

Bazzar, that is really good news in regards Aeroplane Heavens position on a F-111 Strike aircraft.

Thanks for that info.

Cheers guys and lets keep this on topic.

Take care.

Quote Originally Posted by sg38 View Post
    Now THAT's some really interesting information!
    Looking forward to the response from IRIS.
    Why should there be a response? Stop trying to stir the pot and cause friction, you're nearly as bad as Krazycolin. Speaking of whom, this is a personal matter that should be kept between Milviz and IRIS and should not be smeared all over a public forum. Again.

I'd suggest the mods do some cleaning of this thread and get it back on topic as soon as possible.
    Swa se ðeodkyning þeawum lyfde

No longer active
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris H View Post
    Why should there be a response? Stop trying to stir the pot and cause friction, you're nearly as bad as Krazycolin. Speaking of whom, this is a personal matter that should be kept between Milviz and IRIS and should not be smeared all over a public forum. Again.

I'd suggest the mods do some cleaning of this thread and get it back on topic as soon as possible.
    Do YOU know exactly what's going on? Sometimes (or unforunately most of the time) companies simply don't respond until you go public. The warbirdsim disaster was discussed in public as well, and everything turned out ok.

Well, the F111 has been a major piece of Australian aviation and the "dump and burn"shows, a regular feature at any major event here. We can't possibly not have an example in the inventory can we?! It's definitely a future classic warbird and will be sadly missed when it finally folds its wings for good.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Well, the F111 has been a major piece of Australian aviation and the "dump and burn"shows, a regular feature at any major event here. We can't possibly not have an example in the inventory can we?! It's definitely a future classic warbird and will be sadly missed when it finally folds its wings for good.

......fairly common here too at our airshows...will be missed (although there is one at the bottom of the Hauraki Gulf ..or did they pull it up?)

No longer active
    Not only Australian history. I still remember when I first saw the breathtaking videos of the F-111 in ultra low level flight with the TFR and autopilot.
    It's definitely one of the most impressive military planes ever built!

It's actually not personal at all. It's business. A question was asked. I answered it because our name was mentioned. I hardly think I'm airing dirty laundry or, as you say, smearing. That would imply that I was lying or being either libelous or slanderous. Hardly. If it weren't true, then why hasn't David/Iris responded with a C & D directed at me? Because it is true. Sad, and, even reprehensible but still true.

I'm seriously wondering what is the problem with being truthful and direct. There seems to be some kind of angst about this that I just don't get. It is, after all, a "public" forum where a question was asked that I answered. And, I am not attacking Iris. Merely stating the fact that they have not paid for a model that is still on sale. Where is the smear/attack in that?

You may not like the fact that I say this and that's ok. I don't like that fact that you think it's not ok for me to say it. It's un-democratic to try and stop me from having my opinion... don't you think?

As well, it's hardly off topic when my company's name is directly mentioned in connection with a model that was sold to Iris by us.

I would say lets agree to disagree and stop there.

kc

harleyman
    I'm seriously wondering what is the problem with being truthful and direct. There seems to be some kind of angst about this that I just don't get. It is, after all, a "public" forum where a question was asked that I answered. And, I am not attacking Iris. Merely stating the fact that they have not paid for a model that is still on sale. Where is the smear/attack in that?

kc

I will simply state that this is between you and IRIS...its a private matter and had no business here at SOH...

you're a business man..handle your business outside of our walls please.

thanks

nuff said.
    And Milviz have not concluded for the short body Huey mesh.

No slight on Milviz, just a fact of life these days for budding developers, be prepared for some long waits to close projects in this curent fiscal climate.

In regards to the Iris Vulcan (or Milviz vulcan, apparently...), does anyone know whether the rear crew compartment is modelled? Or is it just the main cockpit. If I buy the vulcan I want the AEO and navigators seats!

Quote Originally Posted by Skittles View Post
    In regards to the Iris Vulcan (or Milviz vulcan, apparently...), does anyone know whether the rear crew compartment is modelled? Or is it just the main cockpit. If I buy the vulcan I want the AEO and navigators seats!
    Just the main cockpit:

http://www.screenshotartist.co.uk/iris_vulcan.htm
    Cheers,

Nick

(screenshotartist - long gone)