Boot up problems

Thread: Boot up problems

Lipra / Aoraki

Boot up problems

When I try to boot my PC into vista it goes past the bios and then hangs. Thinking this was a disk problem I tried another hd with vista on itand the same happened. if however I press F8 and enter the bios select the drive with my OS on it boots OK the order looks OK and I cant think what to do next any ideas

Off the top of my head maybe you have some corrupted boot files. NTLDR maybe?

Lipra / Aoraki
    Ive just changed the bios battery just in case. will look at the file(s) if I need to. Thanks for the thoughts deimos256 much appreciated

Retired SOH Administrator
    I had something like that happen to me last year. If you have more than one hard drive disconnect all but the one that Vista is on and post what happens. I would have never believed a hard drive would stop Vista from loading but it did.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Asus Rampage Extreme Motherboard /EVGA AR GeForce GTX 295 1792MB 896 Bit GDDR3 /Corsair 8gig XMS DDR3/Intel Core 2 Extreme QX 9770 Yorkfield OCed 4.2 LGA 775/136W Quad Core / Water Cooled/ 2 WD Raptor 150gig 10,000 rpm Drives in Raid O Mode/WD Raptor 150gig internal back up/400 gig External WD back up Drive/Thermaltake 1200 Watt PS/Sony Dual Layer DVD RD/RW/Plextor DVD/RW/ Thermaltake Kandalf Tower/ Sound Blasters X-FI Platinum / X52 Pro

That can also be caused by an external USB drive, which drove me crazy for about a week. :isadizzy:

Lipra / Aoraki
    Hey mo / Dexthom

Thanks for the input I do normaly have 2 drives connected and also a flash drive. I am sure Idisconnected all and booted to the single drive with the os on and it it still would not boot I will try next time with out the flash drive just in case I did forgot to remove it.

Regards

Martin