Megascenery Earth Oregon

Thread: Megascenery Earth Oregon

Hybrid View

Megascenery Earth Oregon

I hadn't seen any mention of it here yet so I thought I would just let everyone know the western half of Oregon is out. Portland looks pretty good and the coast is beautiful!
    Intel I7 8700 16gb DDR4 RAM GTX 1060 3GB with Windows 10

I seen the oregon megaearth scenery earth. The question I have is how does this compare with the new ftx northwest scenery. I have around fourteen sections of megaearth for washington,arizona and california. The pictures of the columbia gorge look great with ftx. The colors with the megaearth are all washed out compared to ftx nothwest.

Quote Originally Posted by olaf1924 View Post
    I seen the oregon megaearth scenery earth. The question I have is how does this compare with the new ftx northwest scenery. I have around fourteen sections of megaearth for washington,arizona and california. The pictures of the columbia gorge look great with ftx. The colors with the megaearth are all washed out compared to ftx nothwest.
    My guess is there is no comparison between the two. First of all, as you mentioned, Megascenery Earth is washed out in many cases and doesn't match well at all with even imagery I can get from Virtual Earth. Secondly, Megascenery Earth does a moderate job of inserting autogen into it's tiles, but it's sparse and does little to make the overall effect very realistic at low level.

The PNW Release is professionally done, much time and effort was put into every area of the release and the differences would be like night and day.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

I hope it's better than the Louisiana scenery. That just plain sucked.

PNW is top notch.
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

It really is an apples and oranges comparison. If they put the kind of man-hours into Megascenery Earth that the Orbx crew did to FTX, it'd be pretty amazing too. For what it is, I guess it's fine.

tigisfat
    They need to have a team editing the photography they get, and they need to have a team lining airports up before I buy a darn thing from those jokers. All my flights begin and/or end at airports, and why would I want to climb out over misplaced cartoons?

Members who have read this thread: 0