FSX German Scenery Heads Up; Payware

Thread: FSX German Scenery Heads Up; Payware

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!

FSX German Scenery Heads Up; Payware

Hey all,

This is for those that like small airfilelds as well as super airfields.

Recently, I had to get some nice scenery for FSX for taking screenshots of a new plane. I looked around for something that I would be happy with for a long while. One place I love to fly in the FS world is Europe, around England and Germany and the Alps. Well, I found two sweeeeeet packages at Aerosoft.com that have both sizes of airfield types; from grass fields to regular airports to super international airports.

Package one; small airports in North Eastern Germany (called Lower Saxony); German Airports 3. (Its actually German Airfields).

This cost about $35.00 USD or 27 Euros.

* NOTE: This has 15+ airports and airstrips/airfields in it. This is a huge package, FSX only, nearly a gig in download size.

German Airfields 3 - Lower Saxony (FSX only)

Discover 15 airfields throughout Lower Saxony! Take Off for research flights for the DLR or join one of the many flying clubs on their flights between the picturesque airfields.
    Perfectly compatible to other Aerosoft sceneries (VFR Germany, German Airports). This is the third release of the ‘German Airfields’ series, created by the best designers. German Airfields cover the best known GA airfields and smaller regional airports.

15 detailed airfields:

EDVE - Brunswick
    EDVM - Hildesheim
    EDXQ - Rothenburg-Wümme
    EDWO - Osnabrück-Atterheide
    EDWQ - Ganderkesee/Atlas Airfield
    EDWF - Leer-Papenburg
    EDVU - Uelzen
    EDVN - Northeim
    EDVS - Salzgitter-Drütte
    EDVH - Hodenhagen
    EDWV - Verden-Scharnhorst
    EDHG - Lüneburg
    EDWN - Nordhorn/Lingen
    EDWC - Damme
    EDXD - Bohmte-Bad Essen
    Features:

Full support for FSX features (like specular effects, wet runways etc)
    Regional traffic
    High resolution aerial images 5cm/pix
    Thrilling missions especially designed for this scenery
    Full night textures
    Extensive English manual
    Visual approach charts
    Bonus airfields

I was happy with that, but some of the airfields werent 'just right' for a small jet, so I looked around some more and found the huge package called German Airports 3X. The name sounds similar to the other, aside from the X, but this package acutally has 5 major German airports in it.

Now... At first, I figured, ok, 5 big airports, screenshots look good, that will work. But after I downloaded it, and it was a very huge download, I get it installed and this dang thing has cars driving around from delivery carts to trucks, vans, fuel trucks, to AI planes of all types, static small GA planes, every type of scenery tidbit, people, etc, etc... I couldnt believe it, lol... The scenery is all photo real, as like the first scenery package above, including the ground terrain textures for the area immediately around the airports. The funniest extreme detail I saw, while driving my plane around in traffic outside the airport, was that cars turn on their turnsignals when making turns, lolol... no, really..

Here is the description.

German Airports 3 X (FSX+FS2004)

The German Airports Team shows that their reputation is well deserved. As most airports have been undergoing many modifications but this scenery shows the airport exactly as it is at this moment. All buildings, lighting systems, navigation beacons and of course the layout of taxiways and runways have been recreated to perfection.
    Like before, a high detailed areal image is the base for the project and therefore the immediate surroundings of the airport is accurate as well. Another highlight is the use of Dynamic Airport Enhancement Services. This creates a high volume of vehicle traffic on the airport (and beyond) that cannot be created any other way. You will see them follow complex routes and when they take a corner you even see them use the correct lights! Notwithstanding the many details, the scenery will run with excellent frame rates on modern hardware.

Airports:

Hamburg Fuhlsbüttel
    Bremen
    Berlin-Tegel
    Paderborn/Lippstadt
    Lübeck
    Features:

Highly detailed virtual replica of the airports and its surroundings incl. regional objects
    Photo realistic ground textures (0,5m/pxl)
    All airport buildings and institutions
    Animated Parking- and Docking-Systems
    Realistic navigation aids (ILS, VOR/DME, NDB, ATIS)
    Excellent night effects
    Realistic runway and taxiway lighting
    Seasonal ground textures
    Dynamic Airport Enhancement Services used to create dynamic environment
    AESlite configuration tool
    Many scenery effects like animated banners and fuming chimneys
    Fully supported by AES
    Extensive manual with information about the airports
    Original DFS airport charts
    FSX and FS2004 version included
    The cost for the second package was about $42.00 USD or 37 Euro's. That was alot of money for me to spend, but I thought about it, thats less then $10.00 per airport. Not a bad price for a multi-pack.

So, if you are thinking of getting some super high detail airports or airfields, you might consider these two, at least if you want some nice Euro scenery.

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

MCDesigns
    yep, been following the German Airports sceneries for awhile. I don't know Europe so I don't fly there much, but have liked what I have seen from their development images. It must be really cool for those in Germany to have their whole contry done so well for FS.

I did break down and bought German Airports 2 Island Hopping awhileback and was very disappointed, not that detailed and poor performance.

SOH-CM-2014
    Hey Michael,

I had it when it was freeware and it was hard on frame rates. Incredible VFR scenery, like land marks and things. I always thought it was the windmills accross the countrysides that were causing the slow frame rates. If you pan away from them, the rates increased.

I loved that scenery though.

I fell in love with Germany when I was doing Operation Valkyrie. I had studied Germany alot as a kid. The U-Boots sections were made in Bremen, and shipped to Wilhelmshaven for final assembly, top left of Germany. The Zeppelins were made down in the South at Bodensee or Lake Constanz. The Alps line the southern border and are awesome in real life. Berlin is in the North center and the far North is quite windy and cold, like the Nordic countries. The Castles of Bavaria, Rothemburg (I may have spelled that wrong), and so many other places.... Awesome place..

How can one country have so much history, so much economic power, influence, create so many different things (manufacturing, design, engineering) and all in a country smaller then Texas?????

Bill

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

Blog Entries
    I have a nice Tempelhof for FS9, is there one for FSX?

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Package one; small airports in North Eastern Germany (called Lower Saxony); German Airports 3. (Its actually German Airfields).
    I like this one too. Review and more screenshots here: http://www.avsim.com/pages/0508/Aerosoft/GE3.htm
    David Wilson-Okamura

Nor law, nor duty bade me fight,
    Nor public men, nor cheering crowds,
    A lonely impulse of delight
    Drove to this tumult in the clouds.
    -- W. B. Yeats, "An Irish Airman Foresees His Death"

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dswo View Post
    I like this one too. Review and more screenshots here: http://www.avsim.com/pages/0508/Aerosoft/GE3.htm
    Yep..

Those airfields are going to be well used (if not, worn out) with my newest Carenado Archer and Cessna 185 Skywagon...

:d

Grass strips (several) with photo real buildings and ground textures...! hoooo rah!

And don't forget VFR Germany 1 - 4, a hybrid photorealistic/autogen coverage of the whole country (each package around 10 gigs and more). With the German Airports and German Airfields series, German Landmarks etc. the whole country is pretty well covered.
    You could say what Orbx is for Australia, Aerosoft is for Germany. Both countries have the privilege of having a local FSX "powerhouse" that shoots for complete coverage of their respective homes.
    While Australia is tremendously larger Germany is temendously more crowded (take a quarter of the US population, squeeze it into Texas and you know why Germany has so restrictive gun laws ).

Ozzies and Krauts don't need no UTX/GEX... a beer on that :ernae:
    P3D v4.5, DCS, AF2
    W10 64bit Pro
    Core i7 6770K @ 4,3 GHz
    32 GB DDR4 2666
    RTX 2080 Super 8 GB
    Oculus Rift S
    Cable 1000 Mbit/s

Quote Originally Posted by vora View Post
    While Australia is tremendously larger Germany is temendously more crowded (take a quarter of the US population, squeeze it into Texas and you know why Germany has so restrictive gun laws ).
    LoL :d

Quote Originally Posted by vora View Post
    Ozzies and Krauts don't need no UTX/GEX... a beer on that :ernae:
    If one can afford it, or wants to spend the money on FS, personally I use UTX and some self made airports in that area, even though I´ve been at 2 places of German airfields 3 with a Piper Archer II (Not PiC, but on the right seat).
    If they should ever get GA6 out, than I guess I´d buy it, it will include all the airports I´ve done (they are pretty basic, still can´t do my own 3d objects...) and which I plan to do some day...
    i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

SOH-CM-2014
    (take a quarter of the US population, squeeze it into Texas and you know why Germany has so restrictive gun laws ).

Vora

Goodness, thats alot of people...

Here is a screenshot of Bremen International at dawn. My bird is slightly in the way, but gives you an idea of the realism, even at night. Really cool how there is traffic moving around everywhere, even in the turn around in front of the airport.

Bill, do you think you can post a few screenies of EDVU/Uelzen.
    That's my home airfield. Just curious how it stacks up to the real thing.
    Mathias

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    ...and the far North is quite windy and cold, like the Nordic countries.
    Oh yeah. Although it's less windy during the winter months. Also, the difference in available daylight is quite apparent compared to let's say southern Germany. While winter days are shorter, summer days are longer.

Quite strange going home in summers half drunk at 5am and it's almost broad daylight around you.

While looking really nice, the German Airports series costs a fair bit of performance because the developers apparently didn't compile their buildings with FSX's SDK (which, in my dead reckogning isn't fairly hard, considering it's just scenery objects).

P.S: Lower Saxony is in the northwest. The northeast would be Mecklenburg-Pommerania (my area).

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    Bill, do you think you can post a few screenies of EDVU/Uelzen.
    That's my home airfield. Just curious how it stacks up to the real thing.
    Hey Mathias,

Here are some screenshots of Uelzen.

Most have ground photo terrain textures. This appears to not have one.

Bill

NOTE: Some amazing cars in these scenery packages..... First rate!

Thanks much, Bill!
    From what I can see they actually looked up the field as the buildings are all in place just like in RL, cool!
    Mathias