Can I get rid of the autogen water towers ?

Thread: Can I get rid of the autogen water towers ?

Can I get rid of the autogen water towers ?

Being a frequent flyer in the UK, I can't help but notice that there are a rediculous amount of water towers that look like flying saucers stuck on poles. In real life, these are a rarity in the UK and I wouldn't miss them if they dissapeared. Is there anyway to get rid of them without sacrificing the other stuff ?

Also, in places, there is a band of untextured land under some of the powercable routes. I remember you could adjust that in FS9, but can't remember how. Anyone got any ideas on that while I'm at it ?

Thanks

Neil

NoNewMessages
    I do believe the water towers are scenery objects and would need to be removed by an exclusion. One by one... Someone may know if they are autogen based, but I'm pretty sure they aren't.

The corridors for the utility lines are controlled in the Terrain.Cfg file, in the main FSX folder. It's just a text file and can be opened with Notepad or similar (after Backing It Up!) and #201 and 202 are for the utility lines. You will see this line for both entries;

StripWidthMeters=40

Change the number to something smaller, save the file, fire up FSX and go flying.

Thanks.

The water towers are scattered about randomly, so I would of thought they are autogen rather than individually placed, especially when there are at least 10 in close proximity in places.

Charter Member 2011
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

The default.xml in FSX\Autogen is responsible for the water towers. Just select the section for the appropriate region (the landclass section in the SDK has information which regional letter the UK has in FSX) and edit the file appropriately (just delete the "offending" objects).

At least that's how I got rid of everything american in the "germanic" region of FSX.

I haven't got the sdk installed, can anyone be kind enough to tell me the area code ?

Now a nice little utility to read this and manage its contents by country/area would be a wonderful little number, pittly I haven't a clue how to write one !

Thanks

Charter Member 2012
    European Area codes

A European Germanic
    K European British
    L European French
    M European Russian
    N European Med West
    O European Med East

Bruce
    My system specs are The wifey says no to a new computer

Thanks Bruce.

So I've deleted the section for water towers from the K code area, but they still show. Anyone any idea why ?

There are hundreds of entries for water towers, ensure you delete them all.

This is beside Islay, EGPI.

With tower entries:

and without:

George

I found a few more and deleted them, need to go back and try it out, thanks for the picture, clearly it fills the gap with something else then.

Quote Originally Posted by bruce448 View Post
    A European Germanic
    K European British
    L European French
    M European Russian
    N European Med West
    O European Med East
    Seeing that, I might need to "clean up" Europe a bit more. If it just wasn't so tedious... :P