NEW Carenado C-185 FDE update soon!

Thread: NEW Carenado C-185 FDE update soon!

No longer active

NEW Carenado C-185 FDE update soon!

Hi Folks,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
    <o></o>
    Just wanted to let you know that I’ve made a completely new set of FDEs for the Carenado Cessna 185 (based on their excellent 206). Quite a few people, including real 185 pilots, have tested these and seem to be very happy with them.
    Thanx to Sky~6 and Glenn Davy (who has done all constant speed prop mods) for their encouraging input and work!
    Not only e.g. the take-off performance is now according to the book (you can use it on really short runways at MTOM) but at a forward C.G. (e.g. the default loadout) it’s possible to do ‘real’ brakestand take-offs. That means you can balance the plane with the elevator and the tail stays up during the take off run.
    I’ve sent the files to Carenado and most probably they are going to upload this patch soon on their website. If not it will be available here shortly
    <o></o>
    Best regards
    <o></o>
    Bernt

waka172rg
    This will be nice thanks I hope you or carenado can add it soon its realy becoming a have :ernae:

Sky~6

You have completely transformed the 185 Bernt...outstanding..
    If you luv the Carenado 185...your in for a real treat-completley redefined FDE...

Bernt your the best!

As a fan of Carenado and their 185
    This is great news and so looking forward to it
    Carenado has done a great job on the 185

Thank you very much for this guys

I had a chance to fly your FDE changes last night, Bernt. Fantastic! The 185 is one of Carenado's best efforts in the looks department, and now it has flight dynamics to match. Anyone who's hooked on taildragger Cessnas needs this update.

Quote Originally Posted by spotlope View Post
    The 185 is one of Carenado's best efforts in the looks department, and now it has flight dynamics to match.
    Yeah I just wish they would nail this down on release... lol... it seems like end users are always fixing their FDE's

No doubt they make beautiful models, but they should be working on getting the fm's down argh
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

No longer active
    Thanx for your kind words

Bill, I didn't have a choice! You make absolutely fantastic airfields so we need planes that deserve to be flown in that kind of scenery (and which can actually use short runwaays )

6297J
    I'll bump this so I can suscribe myself as I'm very keen to get the updated FDE too!

Any news on when it may appear?

I hope you don't have to do the same for the other models when they are released :isadizzy:

Which FDE fix?

Carenado posted an (optional) FDE fix for the 185F on their site about four or five days ago. Is this a different update or the same one?

Stan V

No longer active
    Stan, the fix you mentioned is already a few weeks old and has been released before SP1. Carenado has received the latest files 2 days ago. They should be available within the next hours or days. AFAIK this will as well be an 'optional' fix.

Bernt

Quote Originally Posted by Stan V. View Post
    Carenado posted an (optional) FDE fix for the 185F on their site about four or five days ago. Is this a different update or the same one?

Stan V

No longer active

NEW files available at the Carendo website within the next 12-36hrs

At least that's what Carenado e-mailed me today....

6297J
    I can't wait

6297J
    If it's the one up at Bushpounders site then the new viewpoint makes me feel a bit short and fat - other than that it's a joy!

No longer active
    I've sent Don the newest files (just to make sure) incl the readme a few minutes ago, but you can see if you have the newest files by verifying these points:
    1) if your idle RPM is around 800 you're okay and you have all FDE updates
    2) If you can open the baggage door with shift e 3 then you have the latest version.

6297J
    Quote Originally Posted by sg38 View Post
    I've sent Don the newest files (just to make sure) incl the readme a few minutes ago, but you can see if you have the newest files by verifying these points:
    1) if your idle RPM is around 800 you're okay and you have all FDE updates
    2) If you can open the baggage door with shift e 3 then you have the latest version.

Thank you. It's a no-go on the baggage door so I'll wait a bit longer :salute:

6297J
    It's now up on Carenado's site (and the baggage door opens)

Thanks very much to all involved. You've done a great job

I've been flyin, testin, take offs, landings, T & G's

Just love the take offs now, just Brilliant...she wants to jump up now

and I noticed on landing she slows down a bit more, both with troddle back, and flaps

What a great job you guys did she is a Beauty and so much more fun to fly

Thank you

@Glenn Davy and Bernt Stolle

Many thanks to for all your effort presenting us this great new flight dynamics for the Carenado C-185. Now this plane really makes fun to fly with.
    (I wished SibWing did the same for their Bird Dog)

Greetings
    Dieter