Veneaviones Rockwell Turbo Commander 690B in FSX

Thread: Veneaviones Rockwell Turbo Commander 690B in FSX

Veneaviones Rockwell Turbo Commander 690B in FSX

Does anyone have the Veneaviones Rockwell Turbo Commander 690B ported to FSX?

I've tried to port it over to FSX and for the most part it works. Props still work good.
    There is a bad pitch issue with it in FSX. When you load the ported (FSX) version, you
    get the usual "only for FS98" messages for some of the gauges. Any one know of a decent
    FSX panel that may work instead of the stockone , or another way to mod the stock one.
    The VC panel no workee.
    I've tried the following to get a VC panel only prob is a frosted glass that you can't see through:
    Flight model seems to require lots of down pitch trim for reasons I have not fully understood or tried to fix yet - o
    Replaced a couple of the non-working gauges for the VC. Substitute the following....

....in Vcockpit01 section;

gauge02=MiniPanel!Airspeed, 289,104,170,170

gauge07=Cessna208!Altimeter, 807,88,191,184

....and in Vcockpit03 section;

gauge02=MiniPanel!Airspeed, 571,105,170,170

gauge07=Cessna208!Altimeter, 25,86,191,184

Both gauges should be in the default FSX gauges folder.

I have tried to port this model into FSX SP2.
    I could get rid of all the transparency issues in the virtual cockpit, excepted the main left panel which stays transparent, no matter what I do. It's like there's a transparent part that appears in front of the panel itself.
    I gave up. :isadizzy:

Had exactly these same issue but now have this a/c working great in fsx.

Attached are my panel.cfg and air.cfg - that pitching up was sorted out at long last. Also what I think is the texture that corrects the blanked out windshield someone else here kindly shared with me last year when I raised these exact issues. Get Sean Doran's paints and maybe? a replacement prop texture and you should be in business. Fabulous model.

NB- you need to delete the ".txt" I had to add to the cfg files in order to attach them here.

the texture.bmp is giving me an error that it's not a vaid image file and won't let me upload. Changing it to a jpg didn't work either. I will keep working on it.

expat
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

This is the error message I am getting . .
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

OK, should be inside the attached zip. Let me know how you get on. Don't give up, this is worth it!

Just to be clear, the panel.cfg is just an example - you may not have the same gauges and you may want or need to personalise this to your taste and needs. Ditto the air.cfg however I believe the key change to sorting the pitch up was not in the flight tuning section but in the geometry:

//htail_incidence = 0.000
    htail_sweep = 13.000

Never would have guessed that one but found it in a discussion (thanks to some kind sole) after feverishly googling.

Good luck!

Thanks for your generous help

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Just to be clear, the panel.cfg is just an example - you may not have the same gauges and you may want or need to personalise this to your taste and needs. Ditto the air.cfg however I believe the key change to sorting the pitch up was not in the flight tuning section but in the geometry:

//htail_incidence = 0.000
    htail_sweep = 13.000

Never would have guessed that one but found it in a discussion (thanks to some kind sole) after feverishly googling.

Good luck!
    Thanks for your help. I will try all the "goodies" that you have passed on.
    :salute:

OK, should be inside the attached zip. Let me know how you get on. Don't give up, this is worth it!
    text_vc4.zip (171.0 KB, 1 views)

Which folder does the zip go?

The texture file - inside the zip - should go into each REPAINT folder for the AC690 (not the panel folder). Backup your original.

If you get these things sorted I can also post my prop texture if needed.

Also, I didn't quite get right the quote from the air.cfg file above. The key change is:

htail_incidence = 0.500
    //htail_incidence = 2.400

The commented out entry is the default; the new one to use = 0.500

Veneaviones Rockwell Commander 690B

The texture file - inside the zip - should go into each REPAINT folder for the AC690 (not the panel folder). Backup your original.

If you get these things sorted I can also post my prop texture if needed.

Also, I didn't quite get right the quote from the air.cfg file above. The key change is:

htail_incidence = 0.500
    //htail_incidence = 2.400

The commented out entry is the default; the new one to use = 0.500
    Could you please attached those files you sent a while back?
    This was for the Veneaviones Rockwell Commander 690B
    I was porting it over to FSX and it has a tendency to pitchup
    also there were some gauge issues.
    Thanks.

Had exactly these same issue but now have this a/c working great in fsx.

Attached are my panel.cfg and air.cfg - that pitching up was sorted out at long last. Also what I think is the texture that corrects the blanked out windshield someone else here kindly shared with me last year when I raised these exact issues. Get Sean Doran's paints and maybe? a replacement prop texture and you should be in business. Fabulous model.

NB- you need to delete the ".txt" I had to add to the cfg files in order to attach them here.

the texture.bmp is giving me an error that it's not a vaid image file and won't let me upload. Changing it to a jpg didn't work either. I will keep working on it.

expat
    Can you please resend your panel and air cfg files.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AZ1USN View Post
    text_vc4.zip (171.0 KB, 1 views)

Which folder does the zip go?
    The attached is no longer available.