QC over the Grand Canyon

Thread: QC over the Grand Canyon

QC over the Grand Canyon

Okay...a bit of a mystery here....but I know one of the Basement Gurus can help me figure it out.

I fired up FSSC and made up a very basic scenery/air field close to the rim of the Grand Canyon....makes it nice to do those scenic flights down in the canyon. I thought, hey, how about some QC over the canyon? Fired up QC, me and my wing men in the Alpha P-51D against a flight of Zeros. As soon as QC starts, all of my wingmen are destroyed. My plane is fine, the Zeros are a thousand feet higher than me. Tried this with 5 different planes...and every time all of my wingmen are destroyed instantly when QC starts. What gives?

OBIO

Oh, if anyone wants it...I am attaching my Grand Canyon Rim 1 stip...to 5500 foot asphalt strips close to the rim of the canyon....no buildings, no trees...just places to take off from to enjoy the Grand Canyon using Rhumbaflappy's LOD 5 and 7 mesh. Unzip and place the main Grand Canyon folder in the CFS2/Scenery folder. Fire up your sim and enjoy flying through the Grand Canyon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

So, is there a way to get planes to spawn higher than 5000 feet in QC....so that a person can have QC fights in places other than over the ocean?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Members +
    Hi Obio,
    I'm at the office now and don't have CFS2 here but is it possible you could edit the qc.mis file and change the altitude? Back it up first naturally.

Cheers :ernae:
    Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by leroy10 View Post
    Hi Obio,
    I'm at the office now and don't have CFS2 here but is it possible you could edit the qc.mis file and change the altitude? Back it up first naturally.

Cheers :ernae:
    Lindsay

We had some lengthy discussions about this about 4 or 5 years ago and came up with nada...the sim just changes the qc.mis altitude edits back to 5K as soon as you load it...and it doesn't seem to agree when dynamic files like the qc.mis are set as read-only either.

"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it right"