Piper Aztec

Thread: Piper Aztec

Piper Aztec

Is there a Piper Aztec with a good VC out there, payware or freeware?

I am looking for a good GA twin that can do some cargo hauling from grass fields.

Thanks,
    Sid

Fred Choate did a Piper Aztec and Piper Nomad (Aztec with floats). The modeling is okay, the VC is not horrible, but not modern in features. I had the planes installed, tweaked the MDL for reflective skins and adjusted the glass, did up a paint kit with panel lines and details....the planes were looking much better...then the boot sector of my sim drive got garbled and I lost them. I have the paint kit backed up on my external...so I am that much ahead on redoing the work.

I think I found Fred's Aztec and Nomad on Flightsim.com. There are a few versions...grab the latest versions. Aztec_v4.zip

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I believe the Apache was the earlier name of the Aztec, and there is a super one out there by Lynn and Bill Lyons:

http://www.simviation.com/fs2004props79.htm

A.

pa23 aztec

there was the apache then came along the aztec better engine's and cockpit redone it did fly better , as flew them in fright service nice to handle, and wanted to fly alway's......... even when landing had to bleed airspeed down by using control's like stiring soup lololol

Eric Dante's done a very nice Beech Twin Bonanza, should find it at the usual places.

ttfn

Pete

a little out there but how about

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Modern Military FS2004 Soviet Antonov An-14
    [ Download | View ]
    Name: an14ussr.zip Size: 9,306,975 Date: 07-06-2004 Downloads: 4,224
    FS2004 Soviet Antonov An-14. A 'Little Bee' of the USSR Air Force. A Soviet built liason and passenger STOL aircraft. A perfect aircraft for bush flying. Includes highly detailed external model and virtual cockpit, both utilizing advanced animations. This is complete aircraft pack, including model, gauges and sound. By Anton Nikolaev.

I believe Heather has done a repaint for it

Quote Originally Posted by Sid2008 View Post
    Is there a Piper Aztec with a good VC out there, payware or freeware?

I am looking for a good GA twin that can do some cargo hauling from grass fields.

Thanks,
    Sid

I wish there was, it's the aircraft I have most of my real-world milti-engine time ...

Mike

Brian Gladden's Volpar is a very nice tr-cycle GA twin....a bit large, as the Volpar was a conversion of the Beech D18. Flies nice, great ground handling, VC is nice...though don't expect all the bells and whistles found in the latest and greatest freeware stuff. Also comes in an amphib version.

As already mentioned, Eric Dante's Twin Beech is a nice model.

Brian Gladden's Gippsland Air Van is a good cargo hauler with short take off ability...but it's a single engine plane...so I guess it falls just outside of the twin-engine requirement LOL!

The FSDB Lockheed Electra L10 is a nice twin engine plane with a solid VC....I fly it into and out of grass strips all the time.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2023
    I'd be willing to donate the beginning of one to a good home.

Must have FSDS 2/3 (or the ability to convert the *.fsc file to G-Max)

I started it but Modeling has lost it's alure. Not to mention I just don't have the time anymore.

Brian
    You can't take the sky from me...

I have FSDS3...but just enough talent to open the program....have been trying to do some modeling...but just can't stay focused on it long enough to get my head wrapped around the process.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for the responses folks, on my query.

I have the Antonov -14, but how the heck do you tune the nav radios???

BTW, I will be joining an ultralight club soon and hopefully get to do some flying. Some of my collegues are ready to take out life insurance policies on me, to fund their retirements. I figure if I die from an ultralight crash, at least I will check out with a better view than a car crash.

Sid

Did you get this also?
    FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Modern Military FS2004 Brief Manual For An-14
    [ Download | View ]
    Name: an14_man.zip Size: 1,246,945 Date: 07-06-2004 Downloads: 1,392
    FS2004 Brief Manual For An-14. This archive contains a short manual which describes panel layout, gauges, switches, etc. Original Antonov An14 pack AN14USSR.ZIP required. By Anton Nikolaev.
    HTH

radio

sid....
    Like all good ruski planes hit it with a lump hammer.lol (only joking) they made the ak47 for farm workers to use it lololol iam also trying to find a good pa23 aztec e model... looks like we have to ask the staff if they could

The Apache or PA23-150/160 was the little sister so to speak of the later Aztek
    PA23-250.
    The engines are the main difference but there are also visual differences between the two models. Mainly the swept vertical tail.
    Of course there was the interim PA23-235 which was still an Apache....but already had the swept tail.

The original 150 or 160 Hp Apache was also a 4 seater where the Aztek had 5 and later 6 seat configurations.
    But 4 people in the low power Apache was already quite a stretch and if one of the engines packed it in the other one would simply take you to the scene of the accident to borrow a line from Ron White.

Stefan

aztec

True there was that, but i must admit it was a lot better to handle the aztec e model, love flying them as the company i worked for had the fleet of aztec's cargo was jus a aztec striped of seat's just two in front,

we did have a medic version that was special build, mod

Here are some pics of our old PA23-250 Aztec "E" N74JC seen parked at Rum Cay Airstrip, The Bahamas circa 1988.

Mike

aztec

oh thats brings it back
    pity no one does the beast, be great if they did, i live in hope

Got a few hours in a 150 Apache and was ready to buy a share on a late Aztek when the owner wadded it up in a gear up landing. Would have been a nice airplane to get multi time ....relatively cheap.

Stefan

I was curious about the one Obio mentioned at the top (Fred Choat's), so I installed it in FSX (none of the gauges were compatible so the VC in these shots is pretty bare, lol). Here are some interior and exterior shots:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Cargo? Bush Strips?
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned this...

FS2004 Aero Commander 500 Cargo VC
    [ Download | View | Video ]
    Name: ac500ca1.zip Size: 13,171,090 Date: 05-02-2004 Downloads: 15,398
    FS2004 Aero Commander 500 Cargo (with VC). Packages includes Gmax aircraft with "hand-flyer" flight dynamics (seat-of-the-pants navigation) and features a custom era correct panel (with a few broken gauges) and easy-to-read virtual cockpit (if you wipe the dirt off), a dirty paint scheme (indicative of bad weather, unimproved landing strips, pot holes, and no time to wash it) and matching interior (treated for infestations), VC gauge backlighting (when the bulbs work), rain effects (guaranteed not to wash off the dirt) and specular highlites in the VC and Html checklists (but who needs them). This cargo model is intended for the hardcore, backwoods, bush hauling workaholics trying to scrape a living out of remote freight. A "clean" version is also included for those obsessive-compulsive types. You might also enjoy the included 11 cargo flight plans. By Milton Shupe, Scott Thomas and Andre Folkers.

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

Concerning Fred Choates Aztec/Nomad....it's amazing how much better an older model can look with reflective texturing and a nice paint kit. I had the plane looking so much better...then gone when my HD glitched. I am fortunate to have the paint kit backed up on my external HD....so all I need to do is download the plane (I did that I think...just need to install it), tweak the MDL for reflective texturing and apply the new skins.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yep, a good paint kit would make a world of difference and actually, with a bit of creativity in the VC, that could look a lot more detailed as well. Of course adding the gauges back in would help too, lol.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Does anyone know if Fred Choate is still in the sim "business"? When I first did this mod to his Aztec and Nomad, I sent him an e-mail to get permission to upload the modified plane...never got a response.

OBIO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]