A2A Cub review

Thread: A2A Cub review

VFR Reviews

A2A Cub review

Hey guys!

My new review of the A2A Cub, with Accusim, IS OUT!

http://www.vfrreviews.com/index.php?topic=591.new#new

I'm pretty pleased with this one, but the proof's in the pudding so I'd like to hear what you guys think.

I went for a little different focus and looked at some of the awesome freeware painters! There are tons more that I couldn't mention, but keep an eye out for Bob in there Couldn't donate myself, so I hope I can help him this way...

Cheers all!

Kevin

http://www.vfrreviews.com/index.php?topic=591.new#new

VFR Reviews
    Ok, we're all set

Link should work now.

Thanks guys!

Dud link here...
    Regards,
    Robert

I probably wouldn't have said anything but since you asked, I didn't care for it. If I didn't own the plane and was looking for a review of it, you would have lost me before I got to the second part. You talked about how it looked. If I was describing this plane to someone who didn't know anything about it, textures and paint would be the last thing I would describe.

This plane, in my opinion, breaks new ground on how a plane can and will react to the enviorment around it. The way the engine is affected by the way you fly it. The way your young passagener reacts to your flying. These are the things I would have liked to have seen first. :ernae:

VFR Reviews
    Well... Thank you for your input, I do appreciate it. I wonder if you read the whole thing, though? There is an entire section devoted to Heidi's characteristics, as well as plenty of discussion as to how the engine interacts with its environment.

I wonder if, perhaps, you missed the link at the bottom to the second section? This is where you'd find this stuff, the first page is largely just looks.

Hey, no ... I didn't miss the second page. That was really my whole point. I thought the second page should have been your first page. Pretty much any plane can be repainted any way you want. But not every plane can do the things that I mentioned above. That's why I felt it was more important, at least with this plane, that you first discuss the stuff that sets this plane apart from the rest.

Maybe it's just me, but when I read a review I want to know why this (whatever it may be) is different or better or worse for that matter than any others. That's what gets me reading the review.

Documentation- 10/10 points
    Interior Appearance- 20/20 points
    Exterior Appearance- 19/20 points
    Systems- 20/20 points
    Extras (unique features, etc.) 10/10 points
    Pricing- 10/10 points
    Performance -10/10 points

Total - 98/100
    That would be 99/100...

Great review otherwise! :ernae:

This is an excellent review of an excellent aircraft addon! Kevin did a spot on job of pinpointing the qualities of the aircraft. I agree entirely especially about the 3rd party paints. The "dirty" ones sure look real to me - they are the ones I use all the time.

Thanks Kevin.... and A2A

Howard

Though I did some work on the flight dynamics of the early beta, I do not have the aircraft in it's final itteration. I am glad to see that they have done some work on one of the great lacks in FS, which is the effect of prop blast on the stab and elevator.

In my experience with Cub's (mostly the PA 18 vareity) the lower door half just hangs down against the fuselage without much regard to whatever else you are doing in normal flight manuvers....

Guess I'm just the opposite, a Cub driver who learned to fly 747's.

Cheers: T

VFR Reviews
    Nonno- Cheers for clearing that up I definitely appreciate constructive criticism :ernae:

Kiwikat - Ugh... You're right. It was a total of 98 in the main draft and I mussed have messed up putting it into the forum. Thanks for that, fixed now

caribou - Thank you so much for the positive feedback. It's really really nice for a reviewer what with everything else I get, so thanks for posting here and VFR :ernae:

fliger 747 - nice to hear from someone involved in the project Glad to hear your thoughts

Thanks a bunch guys!

Kevin :ernae::ernae: