Some of you may remember I have been grappling with a couple of problems with my PC over the past week. Well the good news is that it is fixed. The bad news is I seem to have lost all of my photographs and personal documents that I thought I had backed up and I now have to reload FS9 and all of the ancillaries I have acquired over the last 5 years.

I finally got rid of a trojan, but my PC still froze. It turned out to be a totally corrupt XP Home and I had to reload it.

I had been trying to copy all photo's etc onto either CD's ,memory sticks or into a vault on line, but windows just wouldn't let me, then it refused to boot up altogether.

I have ordered a new hard drive and Windows 7 to go on it. I had though to keep the new installation of XP on the old HD, but use the new HD with W7, I assume that is possible.

One problem I cannot seem to solve is the old, corrupt XP. I have managed to delete it, but as I loaded the new version onto a new partition of the same HD, when my PC starts, I now have the choice of which one to use. How do I get rid of the defunct entry when mt PC starts up?