New Piper LSA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tim Piglet Conrad
    Piglet's Peculiar Planes
    "Ahhh... the freedom of freeware!"
    First Rule of Aviation:
    Don't piss off your mechanic.

That is one nice-looking aircraft!

Not really a new aircraft though...its a really a Czech Sport Cruiser and we already have a few of these here at our local airport for over a year or so, but agree nice looking aircraft.

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    This is a huge selling plane in Europe. Its built by Aerospeel. I have had many requests to make this. She is one sharp looking bird.

It looks like for Piper, the rudder is slightly different, the center console is changed, and the stock model will have rear 3/4 windows.

Sweet looking plane. These things actually take up gliders in Europe. Glider tow planes....

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

It looks especially cool outfitted with those Dynon screens! Hi tech stuff for a LSA. I guess the Cessna Skycatcher is also pretty hi tech with its garmin units.

I wonder how much cheaper the piper will be vs the cessna?

SOH-CM-2014
    The Piper's price tag is set at about $140K.

Bill

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    The Piper's price tag is set at about $140K.
    That REALLY hurts! The 162 is around $110K. Wheeeew!

They are very different planes, but I would have thought piper would try to keep it cheaper than cessna.

There is a cheaper version - as per the link:

PiperSport will be available within a few weeks and in three variants -- The PiperSport, which sells for $119,900; the PiperSport LT (primarily a training model), which sells for $129,900; and the PiperSport LTD (professional model), which sells for $139,900. Each model features leather seats, a 100-hp Rotax 912 engine, and a BRS complete aircraft parachute recovery system
    Edit: I wonder how that price compares to the Czech Sport Cruiser?

SOH-CM-2014
    I believe the Cessna Skycatcher sells for $110K USD. The Piper will come with an optional steam gauge panel, basics..

Bottom line, what is faster, more reliable, more fun, nicer and sportier looking.

The lower wing might be in the way, but I would take the Piper over the Cessna. Sharp looking bird.

Bill

And then the production went (already?) to China and they're making a huge profit on them again....

I think Cessna is building a 162 in China?
    François A. 'Navman' Dumas
    Retired - FSAddon Publishing
    Umbria, Italy

https://fssupport.com/fsblog/

Yep the 162 is been built in China....

Bill where did you get the name "Aerospeel" from? I always thought they were built by the Czech Sport Aircraft or Czech Aircraft Works...heres another article

http://www.flightglobal.com/articles...rt-market.html

Appreciate the post. Interesting aircraft concept. I will be over in Vero Beach - where Piper is based and where I do my flight training - in about a month and may have to try to schmooz my way into a free demo flight!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Naki, the Aerospool company is producing WT-9 Dynamic ultralight aircraft (www.aerospool.sk). It looks similar, but is a fiber glass design. The new Piper (or Sportcruiser previously) was designed from beginning as LSA. I do not know if Dynamic holds a LSA certification in the US. Based on the news in Czech aviation press, the new Piper should still be produced in the Czech Republic.

:salute:
    Cheers, Josef

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    I have had many requests to make this.

well? are you just gonna drop a few crumbs and leave us hangin?
    or are you gonna tell us if you're doin it or not?

SOH-CM-2014
    The Piper Sport 'is' the WT-9 Dynamic. They are importing it to America. They have added subtle changes to the design, but overall, its a Czech plane (by Aerospool) that is imported by Piper.

Quote Originally Posted by cheezyflier View Post
    well? are you just gonna drop a few crumbs and leave us hangin?
    or are you gonna tell us if you're doin it or not?

Yes. I have been working for two weeks on it. I had planned to make it early last year and built up a huge data base on it. I hate to say anything about it as I still have several planes going, well, 3. This makes number 4. But the interest is spiking, so its priority might be shifted. I didnt know Piper was releasing it so soon. I was going for the WT-9 as its MASSIVELY popular in Europe. Having it for FS would be great for the Europeans for learning about the plane with.

Bill

schweeeeeeeet!!!!!

lookin forward to it, as well as the others you have comin up

Guys - I am totally confused. Its my understanding that the Piper based aircaft is based on Czech Sports Sports Criuiser not the WT-9 Dynamic. Refer to the Flight Global article above. The WT-9 Dynamic is totally different plane, although there appears to have been a connection between the two at one time but they have now gone their seperate ways with Sports Cruiser now distributed by Piper.

Check these sites out and read the first page in the first link:

http://www.sportaircraftworks.com/home.html

http://www.aerospool.sk/?str=ul&lang=en

SOH-CM-2014
    Naki, you are correct.

I was just corrected by the American office for Aerospool. Piper is bringing in the Sport Cruiser, not the WT-9 Dynamic.

My humble apologies over this mistake.

They are two very similar planes, identical canopies, cowlings, landing gear skirts, rear quarter windows.

The Sport Cruiser is fully aluminum and doesnt have the composite carbonfiber fuselage. The rudder is much different as well.

Thanks Naki for the information and links.

Neat plane, none the less.

Bill

No problems..both look like great planes. :ernae: I didn't read Josefs post properly as he was correct in the first place. Presumably Bill you are making the WT-9 Dynamic not the Sport Crusier?

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Naki View Post
    No problems..both look like great planes. :ernae: I didn't read Josefs post properly as he was correct in the first place. Presumably Bill you are making the WT-9 Dynamic not the Sport Crusier?
    Yes, the Dynamic.

I'll be saved from all the bump mapping on the fuselage. :d

SOH-CM-2014
    Here are some screenshots of the Sport Cruiser and WT-9 Dynamic side by side.

Sport Cruiser

Sport Cruiser

WT-9 Dynamic

WT-9 Dynamic

Note the similarity in the canopy. Almost identicle.

Nice avatar piglet lol

I'm liking this piper LSA entry. It looks really sleek. I do also like the Skycatcher though. This whole LSA thing is making flying affordable again.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

I figured it was a Euro import. Cool that it's all metal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tim Piglet Conrad
    Piglet's Peculiar Planes
    "Ahhh... the freedom of freeware!"
    First Rule of Aviation:
    Don't piss off your mechanic.

Bill,

it is a good news! Dynamic would be a great addition to our hangars.

Back to the Sport Cruiser. Before going under Piper "wings" the Czech Sport Aircraft works expressed the intention to develop a training variant of it, capable of basic aerobatics. Let us see....

Josef

Incidentally I came across this post again, only to read you're building a Dynamic, Bill. Great news! I take lessons in the one below. It's a fantastioc little airplane with impressive performance. Let me know if I can help in any way

Attachment 810
    Attachment 811

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 10 Home 64 bit